View Full Version : Needing some help/advice on a legal matter

Jesseda
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Its hard for me to post on here about my situation, but I need some help. My wife was put into a behavorial correctional facility last week and she will not be getting out anytime this week, she was told she will have to see a judge next wed. She was suicidal when she was put in. Her work has put her on leave without pay. We have two young children and we both need our income to survive with house payments, car payments and bills ( and yes we are in credit card debt being stupid when we first got married but we have been trying to slowly pay them off). I was told by others that maybe I can try to apply for her to get Disability. I dont know how to really do all that with her being in a place were she cant be present at a social security office. Also I was told that maybe I should file for bankruptcy.. I dont know what to do and I need some serious advice, I never wanted to be put into this situation, I dont want to lose my house, so if anyone can help, please ..

Midtowner
11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Google how to apply for disability. If she gets turned down, give me a PM and I'll refer you to someone. Bankruptcy is a last-ditch option.

kevinpate
11-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Not my areas, but I have some names I can share with you. Check your pm

FFLady
11-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Does her employer not offer a short term disability option? Most companies do -

Other than that, all I have to offer is my kind thoughts for you and your family thru this difficult time. I hope things work out well for you!! :)