View Full Version : Train collides with Wounded Warrior parade - multiple deaths

stick47
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
At least 4 dead after train crashes into trailer during Texas veterans parade | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/train-reportedly-crashes-into-trailer-during-texas-veterans-parade/)

kelroy55
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I hate to hear that.... Thoughts and prayers to all.

Just the facts
11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Sadly, I see people all the time stop on the railroad tracks with nowhere to go if a train comes.

MadMonk
11-16-2012, 09:01 AM
I really don't understand how these things happen. If I somehow ended up on a train track when a train was barreling my way, I would consider any exit path valid to clear the tracks, jumping curbs, ramming other cars, crossing into oncoming lanes, etc. Sure, they all have their own risks, but they seem small compared to a train slamming into me.

Dubya61
11-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Saw news of this on TV this morning. I can only imagine the stupidity of planning a parade route over an active track during a time when trains (I'm sure) are known to travel on them. If the town is laid out so that the track was unavoidable, then station a policeman at the tracks during the parade to direct parade traffic. SMH and cussing!

Just the facts
11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I really don't understand how these things happen. If I somehow ended up on a train track when a train was barreling my way, I would consider any exit path valid to clear the tracks, jumping curbs, ramming other cars, crossing into oncoming lanes, etc. Sure, they all have their own risks, but they seem small compared to a train slamming into me.

I agree but yet it happens all the time. Hell, I would get out of my car and watch it get destroyed before I sat in it and watched it get destroyed. What is really screwed up are the people who are in the crash zone and don't get themselves out of the way. Many years ago down in South Florida a tanker truck was on the tracks when a train came. All the people around it just sat there watching. Of course, when the train hit it 5,000 gallons of fuel went every where and caught fire killing 6 people who were watching. Note to other people - if a tanker truck is about to get hit by a train - RUN.

Cypress Creek Road Train Crash | Train hits gas tanker six killed 'Tower of fire' engulfs motorists in Florida - Baltimore Sun (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1993-03-18/news/1993077250_1_gasoline-tanker-fort-lauderdale-fuel)

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An Amtrak passenger train knifed through a fully loaded gasoline tanker in Fort Lauderdale yesterday afternoon, killing at least six people in a flash of exploding fuel as they waited in their cars at a busy intersection.