View Full Version : 7-Eleven

purpledice42
11-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Back in the early to mid 90's, signage in 7-11 windows used to say starting at or up to 11/hr. I just looked up their site and clicked salaries only to get that the average is 8.69 and hour. Is that the "up to" part? I also heard that if you worked for Circle K, you could not get hired at 7-11. Anyone know what that was about or if it was true?
Thanks!

bucktalk
11-15-2012, 06:11 AM
One of my friends works for 7-11 and his hourly wage is a little over $13.00 an hour.

Bill Robertson
11-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Stopped at 7-11 yesterday on the way home to pick up a 6-pack of beverages. There was a Now Hiring sign that said 12 something an hour plus insurance, vacation, etc.

BBatesokc
11-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Its not a terrible gig for people who like that type of working atmosphere. I worked for 7-11 a long time ago for a short period at night (overnights) to make extra money. It didn't bother me at all. Easy job (for the most part) and good pay and management left me alone 99% of the time. Several of the workers on the south side are friends on my JohnTV Facebook and they seem to like the job. Some are lifers and some are just there while they go to school etc. They even allow for advancement. One girl from the SE 44/Shields store is now in accounting at the corporate office. They used to promise a million dollar retirement if you put in X number of years with them. Don't know if they still promote that or not. Regardless, I know it pays well enough that several single parents work there and love it. I know you can get to $40,000/yr and up pretty easily if you put in your time. Never asked how good their insurance is.

purpledice42
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info. I have done several stints for Kwik Stop, Circle K and Stax. Wouldn't entirely be against doing it again for the rate of pay at least. I read somewhere recently someone asking why on earth OKC's pay scale is so pitiful (at times, barely 11/hr.) with a degree even and it sure doesn't take a degree to do convenience store work.
So did anyone know about the 2nd part of my question? Having "heard" 7-11 won't hire Circle K employees?

catch22
11-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info. I have done several stints for Kwik Stop, Circle K and Stax. Wouldn't entirely be against doing it again for the rate of pay at least. I read somewhere recently someone asking why on earth OKC's pay scale is so pitiful (at times, barely 11/hr.) with a degree even and it sure doesn't take a degree to do convenience store work.
So did anyone know about the 2nd part of my question? Having "heard" 7-11 won't hire Circle K employees?

They probably wouldn't hire current Circle K employees...I.E. doing both jobs. Many companies are like that and have non-compete clauses. You can't work for the competitor.