View Full Version : Construction on SW 3rd

BoomerThunder1
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know what they're building next to qdoba on SW 3rd between Mac. and Rock. ?

SSEiYah
11-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Also curious what is going in next to Qdoba (in the same building)

Pete
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I can find out if you guys can provide more specifics...

If this is in the same building as Qdoba, is it directly next door? Which direction from Qdoba?

Anything else in this building?

BoomerThunder1
11-14-2012, 01:04 PM
2 places: 1 is in the same building as Qdoba. The other is south of Qdoba (before I-40, same parking lot) completely different building. New construction.

Pete
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I know there is an Olive Garden going in that immediate area. Could that be the new construction?

The other space may be for Aspen Dental.

kukblue1
11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Is it possible it's Chick Fl-A Some guy came into where I work and he had a cup from them. We got talking and I said I heard they are building one down there by BW3. He said yeah we they had already broken ground or about ready too. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Pete
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Building permit today for a Jimmy John's.

This may be what is going in next to Qdoba.

onthestrip
11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Building permit today for a Jimmy John's.

This may be what is going in next to Qdoba.

I dont think this is right. I believe Jimmy Johns is going to be a stand alone building. Thats at least what was insinuated at the ICSC event in OKC from a month or so back. And I think the slab that has been poured south of Qdoba is the Chick fil a.

Pete
11-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info.

It's very hard to sort out all the building permits for that area because it's a sea of fast food and chain restaurants.

jarrington00
11-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I talked to a worker the other day. Current construction is a Chick-fil-a. Jimmy Johns will be going on the current vacant grass in front of Panera and East of Qdoba. Then the Olive garden will be to the East of Panera Bread. I've also been told there is a dental office going in there as well, he just wasn't clear where.

kukblue1
11-19-2012, 09:11 PM
What are they going to do with the old Ryan's building? Just seems to make more sense for a restaurant like Olive Garden to buy it and move in. Also is there any land left east of Panera?

progressiveboy
11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
What are they going to do with the old Ryan's building? Just seems to make more sense for a restaurant like Olive Garden to buy it and move in. Also is there any land left east of Panera? Twin Peaks will be the new tenant. The Dec issue of OKC Biz shows they will be renovating and occupying the former Ryans building.

jarrington00
11-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Twin Peaks will be the new tenant. The Dec issue of OKC Biz shows they will be renovating and occupying the former Ryans building.
The same worker I spoke with said this deal either fell through or it was denied by the developer.

progressiveboy
11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
The same worker I spoke with said this deal either fell through or it was denied by the developer. Twin Peaks has "already signed" the lease. As far as the developer, there is nothing to develop because the building is already built and developed. (Source Page 55 New and Expanding OKC Biz). Besides, I would question why the landlord would deny a bona fide lease with an expanding national chain? I did hear they were going to put a TP in Moore but that was denied by the city of Moore due to morality issues.

ljbab728
11-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I did hear they were going to put a TP in Moore but that was denied by the city of Moore due to morality issues.

I won't say that didn't happen but, if they were going to put it in a properly zoned location, that isn't a reason they could use for denial.