View Full Version : World War Z

HewenttoJared
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
World War Z - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk)

Official Trailer is out!

RadicalModerate
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Thank goodness that someone in Hollywood is finally addressing the lack of Zombie movies . . .

MadMonk
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow, that looks good. I got chills watching that trailer.

JamesFiend
11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Disappointed that it doesn't seem to follow the book (for those who don't know is a collection of short stories from different people/locations during WWZ)

And those CGI zombies are kind of questionable. Mostly because I prefer the slow shambling style zombie horde. These kinda look like hyperactive lemmings on crack, a lil OTT.

kelroy55
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I liked a couple of the comments.....

That sad moment when "Shaun of the Dead" is closer to "World War Z" then the actual World War Z movie.

As an Undead American I object to the stereotyping and bigotry this movie represents...

Lets see, ex-military guy gets family away from danger, his "connections" still in the military ask for his help, he reluctantly says yes, leaves his family, and is in the fight of his life to get BACK to his family. Where have i seen this plot before? I dunno, maybe 1000 other movies. Way to ruin a great book.

jn1780
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Its the Brad Pitt version of "War of the Worlds" except its zombies instead aliens.

ThomPaine
11-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Disappointed that it doesn't seem to follow the book (for those who don't know is a collection of short stories from different people/locations during WWZ)

And those CGI zombies are kind of questionable. Mostly because I prefer the slow shambling style zombie horde. These kinda look like hyperactive lemmings on crack, a lil OTT.

I recommend the original true book, "The Good War" by Studs Terkel. (Though I liked "World War Z" as well.)

RadicalModerate
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
so...have, like, vampires jumped the shark already?

Ginkasa
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I recommend the original true book, "The Good War" by Studs Terkel. (Though I liked "World War Z" as well.)

That looks pretty interesting. I'll have to check that out. I'm also a fan of the World War Z book. Its one of the few things from the zombie craze in recent years that I've really enjoyed. I think an earnest adaptation of that book could be really interesting, but I guess its easier just to make an action movie.

Lord Helmet
11-14-2012, 12:41 PM

Yeah I agree. This looks nothing like the OUTSTANDING book. Wish it were closer to the source material, but I'll probably see it anyway.

ThomPaine
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM
That looks pretty interesting. I'll have to check that out. I'm also a fan of the World War Z book. Its one of the few things from the zombie craze in recent years that I've really enjoyed. I think an earnest adaptation of that book could be really interesting, but I guess its easier just to make an action movie.

"The Good War" recalls much of what was forgotten about WW II. What we look back upon, almost with whimsy at times, was a pretty bleak period in our history. Very touching, gripping, heart wrenching, and all true, first accounts.

JamesFiend
11-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Here's another upcoming zombie movie, Warm Bodies, which is less typical zpoc and more of a horror comedy in the vein of Shaun Of The Dead/Zombieland. Looks pretty entertaining, at least more than WWZ anyway.

http://youtu.be/x3ErWNBX9Rc

ThomPaine
11-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Here's another upcoming zombie movie, Warm Bodies, which is less typical zpoc and more of a horror comedy in the vein of Shaun Of The Dead/Zombieland. Looks pretty entertaining, at least more than WWZ anyway.

This looks really good. Malkovich is usually great anyway. Shaun of the Dead is still the best comedy/zombie flick of all time.

MadMonk
11-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Sean of the Dead was good parody, but IMO, zombie movies shouldn't be funny, generally speaking.

OKCisOK4me
11-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Warm Bodies looks awesome. Kinda of reminds me of Daybreakers with Ethan Hawk. Nice to see Hollywood folks step outside the bounds of mythology and take them in a different direction!