View Full Version : Friday nights in Norman

ou48A
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
On the second Friday of every month most of the arts places stay open late well into the evening in downtown Norman..
This is in addition to a growing number of restaurants and bars / clubs.

I had no idea the art places stayed open late and that there was so much night life in the downtown Norman area.
There were a lot of OU students but also a lot of out of town OU fans hanging out. Parking anywhere in the downtown are was crowded. I was thinking they should try opening up every Friday night before any home OU game.

With a little more effort in getting the word out to folks this could become a much bigger deal.

kevinpate
11-12-2012, 12:54 PM
They've been doing the Second Friday feature for a while if memory serves. It's loosely patterned after OKC's First Friday event for the arts folks.
Makes me wonder if some other area communities have a 3rd Friday or 4th Friday event.

JimTrabersColostomyBag
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
They've been doing the Second Friday feature for a while if memory serves. It's loosely patterned after OKC's First Friday event for the arts folks.
Makes me wonder if some other area communities have a 3rd Friday or 4th Friday event.

I think Moore tried 3rd Friday for a few weeks....