View Full Version : Dogs and wanted visitors

Patrick
06-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Okay...I know many of you have had this problem. Your dog attacks the meter reader. Or your landscaping company wants to come in your backyard when you're not home to work. How do you get around this? Obviously you can't take off everytime someone needs to get in your backyard.

mranderson
06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
This situation happens with my gardner. I asked him to call the day before he comes so I can unlock the gate and make sure Holly stays inside all day or is closely watched. It works.

Keith
06-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay...I know many of you have had this problem. Your dog attacks the meter reader. Or your landscaping company wants to come in your backyard when you're not home to work. How do you get around this? Obviously you can't take off everytime someone needs to get in your backyard.
Interesting that you would bring this up. Last week, on my lunch hour, I came home to eat lunch and to load up my lawn mower. As I was sitting in my truck, in the driveway, my dog started going ballistic. I looked towards the backyard, and an OG&E meter reader was jumping my fence to read my meter.

I tried to call my dog off, but she is very protective of me and "her" property. She stood there and barked viciously at the meter reader. He was very calm. He asked me if I was the homeowner, and I told him yes. He told me that usually when he reads my meter, my dog seldom barks and usually leaves him alone. So, I guess my dog was there to protect me.

Patrick
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Strange Keith! You must have your dog trained right! But there's one problem.....I guess if you're not home and a burgular tries to break into your house, you can forget about your dog protecting the house! lol!