View Full Version : Best/largest wine selection in the metro?

SatelliteHigh
11-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Anybody know of any places? Certainly there are some wine fans on this board. I know Byrons on 23rd is large, but it seems like their wine collection wasn't staggering. I seem to remember that big liquor store on main in Norman having a lot. Anyone know, especially in OKC?

More specifically I'm wanting to find Tokaji (tokay). I dont know how rare it is or even if its possible to find anywhere. Much appeciation to anyone that can help.

foodiefan
11-09-2012, 07:22 AM
check with Edmond Wine Shop. . . if they don't have it, they can most likely get if for you in a day or two.

BBatesokc
11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Most liquor stores all get their stock from the same suppliers - so most any liquor store can special order the same stuff. Some are willing to do that and some are not. The Edmond Wine Shop is awesome and the wine place downtown OKC on Broadway is usually very helpful too and has a big selection.

LakeEffect
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Most liquor stores all get their stock from the same suppliers - so most any liquor store can special order the same stuff. Some are willing to do that and some are not. The Edmond Wine Shop is awesome and the wine place downtown OKC on Broadway is usually very helpful too and has a big selection.

Probably my two favorites as well. Byrons has a large selection, but I like the more intimate settings and personal attention at the other stores.

OKCisOK4me
11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Anybody know of any places? Certainly there are some wine fans on this board. I know Byrons on 23rd is large, but it seems like their wine collection wasn't staggering. I seem to remember that big liquor store on main in Norman having a lot. Anyone know, especially in OKC?

More specifically I'm wanting to find Tokaji (tokay). I dont know how rare it is or even if its possible to find anywhere. Much appeciation to anyone that can help.

There's a liquor store by Homeland just south of Britton on May Avenue that has loads of wine. Check them out.

Call them first and see if it is available. If not, I'm positive most any liquor store will see if their rep will be able to get it in for you.

mikeareese
12-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Broadway Wine Merchants is the one on Broadway in Automobile Alley.

Teo9969
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Satellite,

Tokaji is really really limited in the state, but it does exist. I would go to your favorite wine shop and just ask them to order it in for you, otherwise you'll be driving all over town. There can't be more than 15 selections in total, and I'm thinking more like 3 to 6.

Teo9969
12-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Also, below are a list of good wine shops I've noted in (NW) OKC. (Based on selection/price/knowledge of the staff)

Beau's Wine Bin (May and Grand)
Freeman's (43rd? and Western)
Broadway Wine Merchants (9th? and Broadway)
Byron's (23rd and Broadway)
Sam's (63rd and May)
Sam's (23rd and Portland)

Not a fan of the Cellar stores (including Grand Cru on May/Britton)...marked up quite a bit.

OKCisOK4me
12-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Really don't want to start a new thread for this so here goes...

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Black Box wines but apparently not one distributor in the state can get a hold of their Cabernet. Every other "flavor" is available except for the cab. Really disappointing cause it's pretty good.

soonerguru
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Really don't want to start a new thread for this so here goes...

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Black Box wines but apparently not one distributor in the state can get a hold of their Cabernet. Every other "flavor" is available except for the cab. Really disappointing cause it's pretty good.

I've gotten the Cab at Sam's on 63rd and May.

OKCisOK4me
12-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I've bought it there too. That was my main spot until I recently moved.