View Full Version : Stolen Bike

StormPixie
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Had a red next power bike stolen off the 1000 block of S Blackwelder okc.
If you see this bike plz contact me or okc police department
http://stormpixie.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/20121106-105924.jpg

Just the facts
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
That sucks. I freaking hate criminals. Start checking Craigs List.

Pete
11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Make sure you file a police report, as it could turn up.

Often, such thefts are part of a larger operation and when they ultimately get busted, at least the cops will know this belongs to you.

Just the facts
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I had my bike stolen at OU (3 days after buying it). They were eventually caught as part of a ring stealing bike at various college campuses in Oklahoma and Texas and then transporting them across state lines to be re-sold. I never got my bike back.

RadicalModerate
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
That sucks. I freaking hate criminals. Start checking Craigs List.

I hate freaking criminals--in particular thieves--too.
I hope you get your bike back and that the piece of human debris that stole it gets his or her just desserts.

StormPixie
11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I filed a police report immediately. Thankfully I had the serial number and pictures.
I just don't wanna sit back I just got that bike this weekend and already lost it.
Can't afford another one and have no car.
I just moved to the city for the first time 2 months ago and now I'm starting to regret it!

tlltnkr47
11-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I filed a police report immediately. Thankfully I had the serial number and pictures.
I just don't wanna sit back I just got that bike this weekend and already lost it.
I just moved to the city for the first time 2 months ago and now I'm starting to regret it!

How much is a bike like this worth?

kevinpate
11-07-2012, 05:51 AM

Temp fix. Contact the police and see if they have any for sale in the abandoned bike property. If they don't, see if Norman or Edmond does. There are express busses to each community, and a bike rack on each (well, the Norman express anyhow) to help you get the bike back to the metro.

Won't be a high ender, but as you had yours nicked and have no car, some bike is better than no bike.

Sorry for the misfortune. My lads had bikes nicked when they were younger. Never recovered. Only one was unlocked at the time. Then again, as the saying goes, locks keep honest folk honest, but don't do much else.

BBatesokc
11-07-2012, 06:07 AM
It'll be at a pawn shop or in some guy's garage. Fortunately, it's a WalMart bike, so it wasn't stolen for the parts and the resell/pawn is maybe $20-$45 based on WalMart's advertised $88 'on sale' current retail price (if I'm looking at the same Next Powerclimber).

I read a police report awhile back where several stolen bikes from that general area showed up at a flea market (Mary's I think, but I don't remember).

The remarkable part is you have the serial number (most people don't). Considering how mass produced those bikes are you'd never otherwise be able to prove it was yours if you saw it going down the street.

The cash value is never an issue when someone takes something from you (IMO) - its the fact some scumbag decided you didn't need it and they did.

Hope you get it back.