View Full Version : ****Official 2012/2013 Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Teo9969
11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Thunder Up!

betts
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
There's a chat room at OKCThunderfans if you're interested.

Teo9969
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
1 hour to tip off against San Antonio.

I expect to see a great game. Excited to see the few minutes of PJIII and I hope that Kevin Martin lights up the floor. I hope for a win, but I don't expect it with the last minute shake-up this weekend. 103 - 98, Bad Guys.

Teo9969
11-01-2012, 06:29 PM
There's a chat room at OKCThunderfans if you're interested.

Thanks Betts, I'll have to keep that in mind. I also spend a lot of time on the Landthieves site for Thunder B-Ball...though they are far more unscrupulous over there ;)

OKCisOK4me
11-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I used to be a member there but my user name got erased cause I hadn't posted in a long time I guess. Oh well...I won a basketball though!

betts
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I used to be a member there but my user name got erased cause I hadn't posted in a long time I guess. Oh well...I won a basketball though!

That's odd, because we have a policy of not erasing user names since people do tend to come and go. You should join again. We've got a $250 gift certificate currently up for grabs to the person who guesses this season's win-loss record.

OKCisOK4me
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I couldn't find my screenname in the member list..THUNDERBALLnOKC378.

Just the facts
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Two things that haven't changed.

1) Thunder are still worst team in NBA in the last 10 seconds of a quarter.
2) If Westbrook has the ball for more than 15 seconds in a possession it will end in a turnover.

dankrutka
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
The second team looked awful without Harden. Martin doesn't create plays for others like Harden did. They need to make adjustments.

Teo9969
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
This loss is definitely on Westbrook. 6/21, no assists in the last 18 minutes, 6 turnovers.

However, What the heck was Scott thinking not putting Sef on Parker? Does he not remember 5 months ago? At the *VERY* least, put him on Parker on the last play of regulation.

Just the facts
11-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I guess things could be worse. We could be the Lakers.

Dustin
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0lzxSo3JI4&feature=colike

ljbab728
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
The season has officially started along with the second guessing. LOL

OKCisOK4me
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Lakers are 0-2..and lost by more than 2 points their first game and at home and they're suppose to be dominate! I think we're fine...easy Sooner fans.

OKCJapan
11-02-2012, 03:34 AM
If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily. Watching the game, the offensive struggles could plainly be seen. Durant had a hard time getting open. Maynor, with the second group seemed to have a hard time deciding who to get the ball to.

Clearly, there was a chemisty with Harden. He was a catalyst, especially for Fast Break points. Those were almost non-existent in this game. I know we cannot judge this season by the first game. So, we should be patient, but I think things are going to have to change quickly.

G.Walker
11-02-2012, 05:43 AM
People, people, calm down...we are ok, it's just the first game. We had to play a powerhouse team in their house to open season. Kevin Martin had a decent game, he went 4-10 for 15pts, those are Harden numbers. Once Brooks figures out the rotation with the new players, and the new players figure out their role, we will be ok. Now Russell going 6-21 and 6TOs, there is no excuse for that...Thunder Up!

dcsooner
11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
The Thunder contiune to consistently do two things late in games that cost them games, turn the ball over and play lazy on defense. These tendencies will cost the Thunder more this season than last due to the trade of Harden who was a decent defender due to his size. RW continues to more often than not be a one man out of control liability at the end of games. RW should have matured beyond such damaging play. I think the trade was necessary and I supported it for the long term financial stability of the team, but it will cost this team wins this season. Maybe JH would have brought more stability, creativity, and calm to the Thunder than RW? Oh well.

TaoMaas
11-02-2012, 06:55 AM
If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily.

Maybe not. As someone pointed out elsewhere, the Spurs beat the Thunder 4 out of 5 during the regular season last year and took the first two games of the Western Conference finals...and all those were with Harden. The Spurs are just tough and have been for a pretty long time.

kevinpate
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
If Harden this
If Harden that

Gonna be a long season if folks spend it moping like someone who sees a former love walking by the pub window with their someone new.

Best wishes to him with the Rockets, but just like the OKC Thunder ain't the Sonics, Harden ain't a piece of the Thunder no more. Moving on .. it's healthy.

TaoMaas
11-02-2012, 02:18 PM
If Harden this
If Harden that

Gonna be a long season if folks spend it moping like someone who sees a former love walking by the pub window with their someone new.

Best wishes to him with the Rockets, but just like the OKC Thunder ain't the Sonics, Harden ain't a piece of the Thunder no more. Moving on .. it's healthy.

Yep...it happens to most good teams. May we always be so lucky as to have a supply of players that other teams would be willing to pay $80 million to have.

SSEiYah
11-02-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NoRVDP6L8&list=UU2eXVh_Z_e0x7pVYtOQj_Uw

This is pretty cool

Teo9969
11-02-2012, 02:30 PM
If Harden was still in town, Thunder win this game easily. Watching the game, the offensive struggles could plainly be seen. Durant had a hard time getting open. Maynor, with the second group seemed to have a hard time deciding who to get the ball to.

Clearly, there was a chemisty with Harden. He was a catalyst, especially for Fast Break points. Those were almost non-existent in this game. I know we cannot judge this season by the first game. So, we should be patient, but I think things are going to have to change quickly.

I don't know that I totally agree that we win easily with Harden. But if that is so, then all the more reason to get rid of Harden. OKC cannot...canNOT win a title against this Miami Heat with their current offensive system. It's the first thing I wanted to see this year with or without Harden, and it doesn't seem we made any adjustments.

Maynor's grouping with Thabeet, Sefolosha, Martin, and Collison makes it pretty obvious who should get the ball. Martin is the 1st option, Maynor is the 2nd, and Collison is the 3rd. You run plays so that one of those 3 can get a high percentage shot.

MonkeesFan
11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NoRVDP6L8&list=UU2eXVh_Z_e0x7pVYtOQj_Uw

This is pretty cool

And they still lost

Just the facts
11-02-2012, 02:40 PM
RW continues to more often than not be a one man out of control liability at the end of games. RW should have matured beyond such damaging play.

This. I would rather see anyone else on the Thunder team with their hands on the ball in the final 15 seconds of a quarter.

Spartan
11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I think the Thunder deserve a thread for every single game much more than OU football does.

BlackmoreRulz
11-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Thabeet is an upgrade from Nazr

Teo9969
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree Sid. Especially since he will be on a non-contender, I'm happy for Harden.

As long as OKC people realize that even if Harden puts up 50 points every game from here on out, he still would have only put up an average of 15 to 20 pts/game for the Thunder.

SoonerBoy18
11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Harden this, Harden that, are we going to post stats about every game he plays?... keep it moving, he clearly didn't want to be in Oklahoma City so keep it going and I thought it was very disappointing / funny when the fans inside the arena werent even paying attention when Kevin Martin came on the floor, missed a potential great standing ovation.

king183
11-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Harden this, Harden that, are we going to post stats about every game he plays?... keep it moving, he clearly didn't want to be in Oklahoma City so keep it going and I thought it was very disappointing / funny when the fans inside the arena werent even paying attention when Kevin Martin came on the floor, missed a potential great standing ovation.

It's not that the fans weren't paying attention, but that the PA announcer had a major delay between his entry and the announcer saying Kevin Martin had entered the game. When the announcer said it, the crowd went wild. The announcer had that problem all night, by the way. He completely failed to announce PJIII's entry into the game in the 2nd quarter.

Just the facts
11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
The PA announcer is new this season. The main guy last year got arrested for sex crimes against children and was fired.

OKCDrummer77
11-03-2012, 02:54 PM
The PA announcer is new this season. The main guy last year got arrested for sex crimes against children and was fired.

But he's not new to the NBA. He was with the Rockets for seven seasons, around 1996-2003 or so.

Teo9969
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
But he's not new to the NBA. He was with the Rockets for seven seasons, around 1996-2003 or so.

It's all starting to make sense ;-)

Just the facts
11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
It's all starting to make sense ;-)

Yep. Maybe he needs a reminder who he works for now. :)

Teo9969
11-04-2012, 03:23 PM
At home, and without Josh Smith to worry about, OKC ought to roll the Hawks tonight. Would be nice to see the bench get some good minutes, particularly PJIII and Thabeet, both of which need to start making progression as soon as possible. If OKC can put the game away with 5 minutes left, would love to see Jackson and Lamb run the backcourt.

Jake
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Ibaka and Perkins form probably the worst duo of a 4 and 5 in the NBA. Awful.

Stan Silliman
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I agree Sid. Especially since he will be on a non-contender, I'm happy for Harden.

As long as OKC people realize that even if Harden puts up 50 points every game from here on out, he still would have only put up an average of 15 to 20 pts/game for the Thunder.

No, he would've averaged 50 along with Durant's 32 and RW's 26 and the Thunder would be averaging 120 ppg. In my ifs and buts world, anyway.

Just the facts
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Ibaka and Perkins form probably the worst duo of a 4 and 5 in the NBA. Awful.

Having Perkins is like losing two good people.

Praedura
11-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Ok, last night's game against the Hawks sucked.

If you want to relive happier times... i.e. Friday night's game against Portland, then check out this:

Laura's exchange year in Oklahoma (http://laurainoklahoma.blogspot.com)

It's a blog by an exchange student from Finland currently living with a host family in Edmond. And she's checking out the local culture, including Thunder games:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tf2Mf0WbFtE/UJSYGUnrITI/AAAAAAAAAhA/u_vOuK_a2Rw/s800/OKC+Thunder+008.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6W-iRbPfqNE/UJSYiL7nJ2I/AAAAAAAAAhk/9nVsNF6f7mk/s800/OKC+Thunder+027.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-P8AFwYlSJGE/UJSZUFo2aQI/AAAAAAAAAik/-fYAwJYNgRg/s800/OKC+Thunder+062.JPG

Yeah, the blog is written in Finnish (translate.google.com is your friend), but the pics pretty much speak for themselves. :)

Just the facts
11-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Yeah, the blog is written in Finnish (translate.google.com is your friend), but the pics pretty much speak for themselves. :)

Go to Google Translater, put in the web address and hit translate. It will translate the entire website into English for you.

Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/)

Just the facts
11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Or just use Chrome and it automatically does it for you when you go to the website.

I hate IE9 so much (I am still on 8) I might have to move to Chrome.

king183
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm a season ticket holder and make it to most of the games. When I can't go, I always make sure someone uses my tickets. In just the two home games we've already had, the crowd is far worse than anything I've seen the last 3 years. There are hundreds of empty seats (many of them in the corporate section, which is what the tv cameras see) and fans start leaving early in droves. Last night was particularly embarassing, when thousands got up to leave with about 2 minutes left and the game still within reach. If I were a Thunder player and saw those lines of people exiting the arena, I would be pissed. After the game, I heard people doing the "Boomer" "Sooner" chant. What the hell?

G.Walker
11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm a season ticket holder and make it to most of the games. When I can't go, I always make sure someone uses my tickets. In just the two home games we've already had, the crowd is far worse than anything I've seen the last 3 years. There are hundreds of empty seats (many of them in the corporate section, which is what the tv cameras see) and fans start leaving early in droves. Last night was particularly embarassing, when thousands got up to leave with about 2 minutes left and the game still within reach. If I were a Thunder player and saw those lines of people exiting the arena, I would be pissed. After the game, I heard people doing the "Boomer" "Sooner" chant. What the hell?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Its not basketball season yet, if you know what I mean. With NCAAF and NFL going on right now, and with the height of football season at hand, its hard for Thunder fans to get into it right now. The true NBA season really doesn't start until after the All-Star game in February. I am a Thunder fan, but while NCAAF and NFL is in season, its just hard for me to get up for the NBA right now...

Jake
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM

If I were a Thunder player I would be pissed losing to the Atlanta Hawks without their best player.

onthestrip
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
If I were a Thunder player I would be pissed losing to the Atlanta Hawks without their best player.

Eh, its just one game of 82. I seriously doubt they were that broken up about it. But I do think Presti should use current players/draft picks to make a midseason move and find a reserve big man that can score inside. We currently dont have anyone that can do that right now.

And for the people chanting boomer sooner... just have to shake my head at that. Especially in a season were OU isnt undefeated or ranked #1. There is still a few sooner fans that havent yet realized there is a new big dog in this state.

BoulderSooner
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Eh, its just one game of 82. I seriously doubt they were that broken up about it. But I do think Presti should use current players/draft picks to make a midseason move and find a reserve big man that can score inside. We currently dont have anyone that can do that right now.

And for the people chanting boomer sooner... just have to shake my head at that. Especially in a season were OU isnt undefeated or ranked #1. There is still a few sooner fans that havent yet realized there is a new big dog in this state.

look at TV ratings .. and numbers ... OU football is far and away still the "monster" in this state

BlackmoreRulz
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I was at the game last night, I didn't hear a Boomer/Sooner chant...they were chanting OKC/Thunder. As far as the game went, I'm a little concerned with the chemistry of the team. There was a play where Ibaka botched a pass from Durant and KD was visibly upset about it, I'd never seen this from this team as they have always been so supportive of their teammates no matter what they did.

Any report on Westbrook? He had a large ice pack on his left shoulder when he sat down in the first qtr.

onthestrip
11-05-2012, 01:17 PM
look at TV ratings .. and numbers ... OU football is far and away still the "monster" in this state

Still no excuse to chant boomer sooner at a thunder game.

And weve had this argument in another thread before. You cant compare ratings of different sports.

clz46
11-05-2012, 02:30 PM

I am with on this one. I am also a season ticket holder and I really don't think there is a good excuse for missing the games or leaving early whether we are winning or losing. It is disrespectful to the players and the tickets are too expensive to have empty seats when the paper continues to say we are sold out. I know they are "sold" but the true attendance is much less than that. If you are not going to the game give them to a friend. I know lots of people who want to go. Please lets not start the OSU/OU stuff again.

SoonerBoy18
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Its not basketball season yet, if you know what I mean. With NCAAF and NFL going on right now, and with the height of football season at hand, its hard for Thunder fans to get into it right now. The true NBA season really doesn't start until after the All-Star game in February. I am a Thunder fan, but while NCAAF and NFL is in season, its just hard for me to get up for the NBA right now...

I think it starts on the day of Christmas or the day we play the Lakers.

dankrutka
11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Here are the new Thunder alternative jerseys that they're wearing on Friday:

kevinpate
11-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Nice!

MonkeesFan
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Very ugly!

OKCisOK4me
11-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I bought one and love it and everyone last night was like, "how'd you get one of those already?" lol

SoonerBoy18
11-10-2012, 10:50 PM
It looks like a little league uniform! Poor design skills I sware!

Bill Robertson
11-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I like the simplicity. We were there Friday night and I would say from the number of people wearing or carrying an alt jersey that they went over pretty well.

Bellaboo
11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
It looks like a little league uniform! Poor design skills I sware!

Its design looks like the 1956 Cincinatti Royals uniform, a throw back classic......they looked good to me, and KD said he liked the change up in style.

Teo9969
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: Basketball ;)

The more time that elapses after "The Trade" (And if the Thunder make it to the Finals again, I believe it will become known as such in Thunder lore) the more I like it...and for the record, I liked it to begin with.

OKC currently has 3 Top 25 scorers. The team is moving the ball a lot more effectively than they have in the past. And they are not even close to having "gelled" yet. Martin is giving the same points production as Harden (better, actually...which is what we mainly needed to replace) and he's 6th in the NBA, I believe, in +/-.

adaniel
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
^^
Well said. I miss the beard but I'm largely over it. He got his money, we got K-Mart, lets all move on.

The only people who still have an issue with this whole thing is the media. The same media, btw, who said the Lakers would be world beaters with their superstar lineup.

dankrutka
11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Time will tell... Martin has done what he does (e.g, score efficiently) very well so far, but he doesn't make his teammates better like Harden did. Harden is a more complete player than Martin, and he fit incredibly well with the Thunder both leading the second unit and as a conduit for KD and Westbrook. In the end, I still think we're a worse team, but time will tell. There's no point in rehashing it every night, but it's also silly to make a final judgment until after the season. We'll see...

OKCisOK4me
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Four years down the road when someone else disappears from the roster, we're going to see the same people come out of the wood work cause they don't understand NBA Basketball operations. This isn't college ball folks.