View Full Version : Dwts

Roadhawg
11-01-2012, 06:47 AM
OK I admit I've never watched this show but have friends that do and have seen the results on CNN. It appears that many times the couple with the lowest judges scores stay on the show and the ones with the highest get booted off. Why even have judges or do good in your dance when it's a popularity score?

Ooops this should have been in the entertainment section.

Dubya61
11-01-2012, 09:05 AM
OK I admit I've never watched this show but have friends that do and have seen the results on CNN. It appears that many times the couple with the lowest judges scores stay on the show and the ones with the highest get booted off. Why even have judges or do good in your dance when it's a popularity score?

Ooops this should have been in the entertainment section.

I won't debate the logic of the premise or the entertainment value therein, but in its current format, it is one of the largest money makers on network television.

Roadhawg
11-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah... guess it's all about the money and not who has talent.

PennyQuilts
11-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah... guess it's all about the money and not who has talent.

Welcome to popular American culture. I am beginning to think the internet and television are going to be our ruin - and I've always been a big fan - of the internet, anyway. Still am but that doesn't mean I can't see how it is controlling and skewing our attention, values, beliefs and priorities.