View Full Version : Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant explosions

stick47
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Two weeks or less to the West coast

Japan confirms explosion, leakage at nuke plant (http://www.deccanherald.com/content/145051/japan-warns-radiation-leak-quake.html)

RED ALERT: FUKUSHIMA SPENT FUEL POOLS EXPLODED, ON FIRE NOW, RADIATION LEVELS SPIKING MASSIVELY – The CON Trail (http://thecontrail.com/m/blogpost?id=4744723%3ABlogPost%3A321083)

onthestrip
10-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Great, this old nuclear plant that probably shouldnt have even been in operation will unnecessarily scare off tons of people from nuclear power, when nuclear should very much be apart of our energy independence strategy. It is some of the safest and most reliable power available, and after the initial costs to build plants, it becomes some of the cheapest power as well.

okc_bel_air
10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Odd that no real news service is covering this. Sounds like a hoax to me. Just Google it and you will find nothing. Just links to very obscure websites.

jn1780
10-22-2012, 03:56 PM
The first article is over a year old. A bunch of boneheads on the internet are going crazy about it, but not catching on that Yukio Edano hasn't been the Chief Cabinet Secretary for over a year now. Lol

stick47
10-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Time will tell if it's bogus. I hope it is.

bluedogok
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Nothing on the Japan Times (English language news from Tokyo) website about it.

Roadhawg
10-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Time has already been told..... Prison Planet.com » Hoax? Researcher Claims “Explosions” Witnessed at Fukushima Reactor (http://www.prisonplanet.com/hoax-researcher-claims-explosions-witnessed-at-fukushima-reactor.html)

Roadhawg
10-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Lol, an article written by Paul Watson.... on Prison Planet. Yup, it's settled then.

Some people believe everything they read lol

HewenttoJared
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I only believe what I read on OKCTalk. The rest is just heresy and speculation.

I assume the bold portion was directed at me.

RadicalModerate
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
If . . . if only . . . if only there could . . . could have been properly engineered sidewalks . . .
A long, long ways away from the sea . . . and cosmic debris . . .
44w6CbbgItc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Would Red Green call that "high sticking"?
Nah . . .

Roadhawg
10-24-2012, 07:07 AM
They lucked out because that water wasn't radioactive from Fukushima... they would have been in real trouble if it was.

Just the facts
10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
The worst that can happen to a nuclear plant has already happened - twice. Most of us survived. Time to find something else to be afraid of. Half of you be afraid of Romney, the other half be afraid of Obama.

venture
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
The worst that can happen to a nuclear plant has already happened - twice. Most of us survived. Time to find something else to be afraid of. Half of you be afraid of Romney, the other half be afraid of Obama.

How about scorpions? eeeesh...hate scorpions.

Cocaine
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM

Dude this needs to marked as the greatest comment ever.

RadicalModerate
10-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm afraid of the Zombie Scorpion Apocalypse caused by nuclear energy run amok.
That, and the Bipedal Zombie Apocalypse caused by assimilation into the ProtoBorg CyberZone.

Roadhawg
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm afraid of the Zombie Scorpion Apocalypse caused by nuclear energy run amok.
That, and the Bipedal Zombie Apocalypse caused by assimilation into the ProtoBorg CyberZone.

Resistance is futile

Stan Silliman
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm afraid of the apocalypse lovers who think they can inoculate and acquire zombies as pets.
I'm pretty sure that's a wrong headed idea, a not entirely safe one at that.

Just the facts
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm afraid of the apocalypse lovers who think they can inoculate and acquire zombies as pets.
I'm pretty sure that's a wrong headed idea, a not entirely safe one at that.

If you haven't seen it... check out Fido

caution - foul language in the below clip.

IRVGmwP10dw