View Full Version : Big 12 Midseason Observations

Pages : [1] 2 3

ljbab728
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM
It's obvious at this point in the season that K State and OU are the class of the conference. Not coincidentally they are they only teams playing really good defense with OSU a distant 3rd. West Virginia was greatly overrated and the preseason thought that they could come in and win the conference in their first year is laughable now. Anything is still possible but the pecking order is coming into place. Below K State and OU, I could see any team winning any particular game.

venture
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I think WVU needs to realize this isn't the Big East where you just outscore the other team and win. Texas Tech is improving greatly finally. I'm glad we are done with them. I feel really sorry for Kansas though. I would like to see much more balance in the conference instead of someone just getting embarrassed week in and week out.

ljbab728
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I think WVU needs to realize this isn't the Big East where you just outscore the other team and win. Texas Tech is improving greatly finally. I'm glad we are done with them. I feel really sorry for Kansas though. I would like to see much more balance in the conference instead of someone just getting embarrassed week in and week out.

I agree except that I love to see OU dominate other teams. LOL
Actually the conference has been hard to predect other than K State and OU. Any team can win any game so it's very balanced.

Hawk405359
10-21-2012, 06:13 AM
I completely called the Big 12 wrong this year. I thought WVU was going to be the only dangerous team in it. Now K-State and OU are both ahead and WVU isn't even looking that threatening.

venture
10-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Jerry Palm now projecting K State to the BCS Title and OU to the Fiesta (against Boise.../shiver).

OKCisOK4me
10-21-2012, 01:20 PM
If it were 2014 and they could playoff to be in the championship game then I'd agree. Probably gonna be Alabama/Oregon.

dankrutka
10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I think WVU needs to realize this isn't the Big East where you just outscore the other team and win. Texas Tech is improving greatly finally.

Do you not see the contradiction in your first two sentences? How do you think Tech won this week? Great defense? The Big 12 may be the best offensive and worst defensive BCS conference in the country. More than any other conference, you can win by just outscoring teams. Actually, there's probably no better example of this nationally than OU's 2008 team, which got to the title game with a great offense and average defense.

venture
10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
If it were 2014 and they could playoff to be in the championship game then I'd agree. Probably gonna be Alabama/Oregon.

KSU jumped Oregon in the BCS today. Palm is probably the biggest BCS geek there is, so he is probably working everything out based on how the season will play out.

venture
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Do you not see the contradiction in your first two sentences? How do you think Tech won this week? Great defense? The Big 12 may be the best offensive and worst defensive BCS conference in the country. More than any other conference, you can win by just outscoring teams. Actually, there's probably no better example of this nationally than OU's 2008 team, which got to the title game with a great offense and average defense.

This isn't 2008 anymore. :)

My comments on Tech were more about how they performed against WVU. It takes good defense to keep a crazy offense like them in check. Now as far as worst defense in the BCS conferences...it depends. The Big 12 has 5 teams ranked #34 (Tech) and up to #11 (OU) in points per game. In yards per game we see Tech up to 8th, OU at 15th. However Texas, WVU and Baylor (the worst) isn't helping our case.

BlackmoreRulz
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Is the bowl agreement with the SEC in effect this year?

ljbab728
10-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Is the bowl agreement with the SEC in effect this year?

That will begin in the 2014 season.

dankrutka
10-21-2012, 09:34 PM
This isn't 2008 anymore. :)

My comments on Tech were more about how they performed against WVU. It takes good defense to keep a crazy offense like them in check. Now as far as worst defense in the BCS conferences...it depends. The Big 12 has 5 teams ranked #34 (Tech) and up to #11 (OU) in points per game. In yards per game we see Tech up to 8th, OU at 15th. However Texas, WVU and Baylor (the worst) isn't helping our case.

You have to take those rankings into context. Tech's defensive ranking is almost solely based on their incredibly weak non-confernce schedule. Tech's D is probably very possibly not even top 50 in the nation. One game (against WVU) does not a defense make. The Big 12 is pretty much the exact same conference it was in 2008. How do you think it's changed?

venture
10-21-2012, 10:32 PM
You have to take those rankings into context. Tech's defensive ranking is almost solely based on their incredibly weak non-confernce schedule. Tech's D is probably very possibly not even top 50 in the nation. One game (against WVU) does not a defense make. The Big 12 is pretty much the exact same conference it was in 2008. How do you think it's changed?

Obviously Tech's early cupcake schedule helped...we all knew that when they were going into the OU game ranked #1. The Big 12 was all about spread offense, but definitely starting to see teams take note and start to make changes. Run game is getting more notice and the teams on top are back to focusing on basic defense. You also have Tech wanting to revamp their defense to get more of an SEC style - which will take a few years.

dankrutka
10-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I just don't see it. The conference is pass first with a lot of porous defenses, and few teams have consistent run games. I'd be interested to see any data that backs up what you're saying because I don't see it. The Big 12 looks just like it did four years ago.

boitoirich
10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
It's great to see that OU has turned things around from the beginning of the season. Unfortunately, there are no more games remaining against high-quality teams to sneak back into contention for the Big Bowl. The only computer Top 15 teams in the Big 12 are K-State, OU, and Tech, so no more opportunities there. A one-loss SEC team is a lock for the game, and even if Kansas State falters somewhere, a one-loss Pac 12 champion would probably sneak ahead of OU because they've got more high-profile games remaining. Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, and USC are all Top 15, and would still have a title game against a respected team. In the last week of the season, OU has... TCU. That would be a "nice" win, but nothing like USC beating Oregon in prime time.

The best case scenario would be a late Kansas State loss, a strong Notre Dame losing to OU but beating Pac 12 South Champion USC, who then beats undefeated Pac 12 North champion Oregon, moving up OU to face whoever comes out of the SEC. Weirder things have happened -- I recall Les Miles won a championship with 2 losses at LSU during that strange 2007 season.

Unless OSU or TCU gets hot and goes on a tear, the Big 12 is actually in its own way this way, especially as far as OU is concerned.

onthestrip
10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
KSU certainly looks to be in the driver seat. They can lose one game (unless its to OSU) and most likely still win the conference with the head to head win over OU. OSU is the only other school that controls their own Big 12 destiny.

dankrutka
10-22-2012, 11:25 PM
It's great to see that OU has turned things around from the beginning of the season. Unfortunately, there are no more games remaining against high-quality teams to sneak back into contention for the Big Bowl. The only computer Top 15 teams in the Big 12 are K-State, OU, and Tech, so no more opportunities there. A one-loss SEC team is a lock for the game, and even if Kansas State falters somewhere, a one-loss Pac 12 champion would probably sneak ahead of OU because they've got more high-profile games remaining. Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, and USC are all Top 15, and would still have a title game against a r

espected team. In the last week of the season, OU has... TCU. That would be a "nice" win, but nothing like USC beating Oregon in prime time.

The best case scenario would be a late Kansas State loss, a strong Notre Dame losing to OU but beating Pac 12 South Champion USC, who then beats undefeated Pac 12 North champion Oregon, moving up OU to face whoever comes out of the SEC. Weirder things have happened -- I recall Les Miles won a championship with 2 losses at LSU during that strange 2007 season.

Unless OSU or TCU gets hot and goes on a tear, the Big 12 is actually in its own way this way, especially as far as OU is concerned.

Huh? You know that OU plays a top 5 BCS team in 4 day, right?!? If OU wins convincingly then they could position themselves as the top 1 loss team. It's very unlikely there will be two undefeated teams at the end of the season. There are a lot of losses still out there. OU couldn't definitely go over a 1 loss SEC team. voters are not going to want to vote a 1 loss LSU, for example, over OU. I'm still not totally convinced OU can sustain this success, but we'll see.

onthestrip
10-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Hearing OU fans go over the possibilities of how they can get back into the national title game is always enjoyable. Even if KSU loses a game, they still win the big 12 and I doubt all the pollsters will have OU very far ahead of them due to head to head loss. Also to say that voters wont vote a 1 loss SEC team is pretty foolish. A 1 loss SEC team will pretty much always be voted above other 1 loss teams, and the previous decade shows that.

That being said, Im sure this get-back-into-the-title-game talk will ramp up after this week because I see an OU win

Spartan
10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
I've seen several times in this thread that OSU is the third team in the pecking order, OSU controls its destiny, and so on.. I'm confused by this. We're talking about by far the most dinged up team in the conference. They might be on their third string QB for TCU. Their receivers aren't receiving. The only offense the D has been able to stop is a discombobulated Iowa State squad.

Here's how I feel it goes:

K-State

HUGE DROP

OU
Tech

SMALL DROP

OSU
UT
TCU
WVU
Iowa St

HUGE DROP

Baylor
KU

The problem for OU is that K-State plays way too disciplined and Snyder never overlooks a team. The problem for OSU is that they've already lost to teams they should have beat - pick your reason, shockingly bad D, receivers, injuries, freshman QB, controversial officiating, tough schedule - just a perfect storm that will continue the rest of the season for them.

ThomPaine
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I've seen several times in this thread that OSU is the third team in the pecking order, OSU controls its destiny, and so on.. I'm confused by this. We're talking about by far the most dinged up team in the conference. They might be on their third string QB for TCU. Their receivers aren't receiving. The only offense the D has been able to stop is a discombobulated Iowa State squad.

Here's how I feel it goes:

K-State

HUGE DROP

OU
Tech

SMALL DROP

OSU
UT
TCU
WVU
Iowa St

HUGE DROP

Baylor
KU

The problem for OU is that K-State plays way too disciplined and Snyder never overlooks a team. The problem for OSU is that they've already lost to teams they should have beat - pick your reason, shockingly bad D, receivers, injuries, freshman QB, controversial officiating, tough schedule - just a perfect storm that will continue the rest of the season for them.

I've got no problem with your rankings, but your "HUGE DROP" after KSU to OU is wrong. If those two were playing this weekend, OU would be favored by a touchdown at home and a field goal in Manhattan. KSU was the better team the day they played, thanks to three OU turnovers, one of which gave up 7 points (Jones), the other taking seven off the board (Bell). KSU is the best team in the Big XII right now, but they should be happy there is no Big XII title game if OU is able to sustain their current level of play.

dankrutka
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Hearing OU fans go over the possibilities of how they can get back into the national title game is always enjoyable. Even if KSU loses a game, they still win the big 12 and I doubt all the pollsters will have OU very far ahead of them due to head to head loss. Also to say that voters wont vote a 1 loss SEC team is pretty foolish. A 1 loss SEC team will pretty much always be voted above other 1 loss teams, and the previous decade shows that.

That being said, Im sure this get-back-into-the-title-game talk will ramp up after this week because I see an OU win

Yeah, because OU has never jumped a team that they lost to head-to-head (see Texas in 2008) or an undefeated SEC team (Auburn in 2004). It depends who the SEC team is. OU has looked great as of late. If they continue this throughout the season they could be the top one loss team. I'm not totally sold that this will happen. I think OU could definitely lose another game or two, but OU has played for 2 titles in the last 8 years with a loss. If you're amused by the discussion it's probably because your team does not play for titles on a regular basis. That's what OU does. Besides, having these discussions is what's fun about college football. The speculation gives you hope.

I also disagree with Spartan putting KSU well above OU. You have to give them their due, but if OU doesn't make one of those two terrible turnovers by the QBs (especially Bell's) then they beat KSU while playing a poor game. How can you then justify putting Tech and OU on the same level? OU went to Tech and demolished them. KSU came to Norman and squeaked out a win.

Spartan
10-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Sigh... Everyone plays like crap against K-State, not just . That's what happens when they assert their game plan to grind out every game.

[I]But I am sure OU would be two thousand touchdown favorites if only the game were played today.

SoonerDave
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I make no pretense that I believe OU is in the same league with Alabama. However...

If KSU loses one game, and OU runs the table...which includes a win over a current BCS #5 Notre Dame, it would (right or wrong) all but certainly put OU over KSU in the BCS. The two would share the Big 12 title due to the round-robin schedule, and I believe the higher ranked BCS team gets the preference specifically to prevent a lower-ranked HTH winner from keeping a higher-ranked HTH loser from a possible national title chance.

If OU played KSU again, I'd favor OU. Blake Bell has fumbled out of the Belldozer exactly one time out of 23 or whatever the number is, and the KSU defense had exactly zero do to with it. He dropped the ball, pure and simple, probably because he realized he was going to walk into the endzone (play was perfectly set up). And keep in mind KSU scored 3 off the turnover, which is a 10-point swing in a five-point game. And that doesn't even account for Landry's fumble. Or the four points lost because he missed a wide-open receiver for a TD on the game's opening drive.

Yes, KSU is miles better than anyone thought, and their discipline and toughness is incredible. And regardless of the reason, they beat OU straight up at home. No way you can escape that. But to suggest on the basis of that game there's a "huge dropoff" between OU and KSU is silly.

Martin
10-23-2012, 01:56 PM
But I am sure OU would be two thousand touchdown favorites if only the game were played today.
http://www.hollywoodmemorabilia.com/files/cache/george-wendt-signed-super-fans-snl-8x10-photo-wcoa1_676101fbd6ac422fede5628bfeba459c.jpg

now let me ask you this: what if the game were played today but all the ou players were babies being coached by a mini bud wilkinson?

ou: 437, ksu: 3

-M

Spartan
10-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I make no pretense that I believe OU is in the same league with Alabama. However...

If KSU loses one game, and OU runs the table...which includes a win over a current BCS #5 Notre Dame, it would (right or wrong) all but certainly put OU over KSU in the BCS. The two would share the Big 12 title due to the round-robin schedule, and I believe the higher ranked BCS team gets the preference specifically to prevent a lower-ranked HTH winner from keeping a higher-ranked HTH loser from a possible national title chance.

If OU played KSU again, I'd favor OU. Blake Bell has fumbled out of the Belldozer exactly one time out of 23 or whatever the number is, and the KSU defense had exactly zero do to with it. He dropped the ball, pure and simple, probably because he realized he was going to walk into the endzone (play was perfectly set up). And keep in mind KSU scored 3 off the turnover, which is a 10-point swing in a five-point game. And that doesn't even account for Landry's fumble. Or the four points lost because he missed a wide-open receiver for a TD on the game's opening drive.

Yes, KSU is miles better than anyone thought, and their discipline and toughness is incredible. And regardless of the reason, they beat OU straight up at home. No way you can escape that. But to suggest on the basis of that game there's a "huge dropoff" between OU and KSU is silly.

You guys scored how many points below your season avg, and that had nothing to do with the K-State defense?

You goons should listen to yourselves. My god. I have even more news for you..all you've done to restore your confidence is take your frustration out on a crappy Texas team and whoop up on Kansas. The only good win OU has is TTU. It's a LOT more likely that you'll lose again than run the table.

K-State is the only team that's really in the driver's seat. Just accept that. I'm not really surprised by that at all. If you didn't expect Klein to be dynamite again this year, and didn't expect Snyder to win the Big 12 at least once again, then you only see the world through crimson-colored lenses and your opinion isn't even relevant.

The advantage that K-State has over everyone is that they're the one oddball team that nobody can really prepare for. They bring a different brand of football that Big 12 coaches and scout teams just don't get. They have a gamer qb, the best coach in the conference, and they play mistake-free football. They are by far the most disciplined football team in the conference. They let you make the mistakes, and OU certainly did. Oh well!

dankrutka
10-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Sigh... Everyone plays like crap against K-State, not just . That's what happens when they assert their game plan to grind out every game.

[I]But I am sure OU would be two thousand touchdown favorites if only the game were played today.

Sigh. Do you honestly think K-State caused Blake Bell to inexplicably fumble on the 1? They had nothing to do with it, and if that doesn't happen OU very likely wins.

You act like K-State has some long-standing trend of doing this to OU. We're not talking about Alabama here. K-State hadn't beat OU since 2003, Snyder has had a terrible record against Stoops, and OU went into Manhattan last year against a very similar team and won 58-17 when they were ranked in the top 10... But I guess that's what happens when "they assert their game plan to grind out every game." It often doesn't work against more talented teams like OU and I believe that if they played again OU would win. Credit to K-State for dictating the game and capitalizing on OU's miscues, but if you watched the game at all, you'd realize that everything fell into place for them to pull the upset.

dankrutka
10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
You guys scored how many points below your season avg, and that had nothing to do with the K-State defense?

You goons should listen to yourselves. My god. I have even more news for you..all you've done to restore your confidence is take your frustration out on a crappy Texas team and whoop up on Kansas. The only good win OU has is TTU. It's a LOT more likely that you'll lose again than run the table.

K-State is the only team that's really in the driver's seat. Just accept that. I'm not really surprised by that at all. If you didn't expect Klein to be dynamite again this year, and didn't expect Snyder to win the Big 12 at least once again, then you only see the world through crimson-colored lenses and your opinion isn't even relevant.

The advantage that K-State has over everyone is that they're the one oddball team that nobody can really prepare for. They bring a different brand of football that Big 12 coaches and scout teams just don't get. They have a gamer qb, the best coach in the conference, and they play mistake-free football. They are by far the most disciplined football team in the conference. They let you make the mistakes, and OU certainly did. Oh well!

Just like when OU played them last season with all the same key players. You've talked yourself into some kind of delusional K-State narrative. No one disagrees that K-State deserved to win, that Klein is good, or that they're in the driver's seat, but you act like K-State is some mammoth program that is able to will everyone to their style and dominate. In reality, K-State has 1 big 12 title in 16 years, and has been dominated by OU for the last 13 years. If you think other people are delusional to think OU might beat K-State if they played again then you're the one that's delusional. OU doesn't even look like the same team. And, I'm sure you'll say it's because of K-State, but they looked the same way against UTEP. Football is far more complex than your simplistic analysis.

onthestrip
10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
And if OSU hadnt got screwed by a bad call against Texas theyd be undefeated in the Big 12 too. But that didnt happen and OSU lost. Just like OU did to KSU.

It almost seems that you think that if you keep repeating the reasons why OU carelessly gave it away to KSU that somewhere down the road the football fairies will change that loss to a win...

BTW, it isnt the first time Bell has fumbled right at the goal line.

Stew
10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
And if OSU hadnt got screwed by a bad call against Texas theyd be undefeated in the Big 12 too. But that didnt happen and OSU lost. Just like OU did to KSU.

It almost seems that you think that if you keep repeating the reasons why OU carelessly gave it away to KSU that somewhere down the road the football fairies will change that loss to a win...

How's that any different than poke fans endlessly whining about the call at the end of the Texas game? A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. It's all part of the game.

onthestrip
10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
How's that any different than poke fans endlessly whining about the call at the end of the Texas game? A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. It's all part of the game.

Thats pretty much what I said.

ljbab728
10-23-2012, 09:23 PM
There is no doubt that a loss counts as a loss no matter what. However, discussing the relative strengths of two teams based on how they lost is a legitimate discussion.

dankrutka
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM

What other time did Blake Bell fumble? I'm honestly asking. I don't remember another one...

onthestrip
10-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Recall him fumbling last year on the goal line, he might have recovered it. I definitely remember him throwing a pic on the goal line last year.

SoonerDave
10-24-2012, 07:41 AM

Ahh, what would a fun thread about football be without someone like Spartan to come in an stink it up with his own special brand of trolling?

Did I *ever* say that the KSU defense had *nothing* to do with OU scoring below its average? Nope. I said the KSU defense had *nothing* to do with Blake Bell fumbling a snap at the KSU one-yard line. Engage on contemplation of the difference.

Goons? Seriously, Spartan? That's the best you can do?

Did I *ever* say KSU wasn't in the driver's seat? Nope. They are. No question. It would be asinine to suggest differently.

Did I *ever* say OU categorically *would* run the table? Nope. I created a theoretical scenario that considers the notion that OU runs the table. Did I even say it was likely? Nope. Are we allowed to have a little fun in your world, Spartan? No, I guess doing that just makes us crimson "goons." Just as I said in my post, I make no pretense that this OU team is in the league of an Alabama. It isn't. There are no first-round draft picks on either side of the offensive/defensive lines, although I think Tony Jefferson and Aaron Colvin have pro potential with their speed and tackling ability.

In point of fact, I think Notre Dame's physical play on the lines on both sides of the ball could prove a real problem for OU. I'm *not* one of these guys picking a double-digit blowout. Not at all. If OU gets out with a win, that's great in my book. But if ND wins, I will not be shocked. Really physical teams give OU trouble, because, right now, OU is not quite that physical. In general, OU gets by with that in this conference, but when all things are equal, it can be a liability. On the other side, ND hasn't come close to seeing an offense that can execute at an up-tempo level. Maybe they'll pressure Jones, maybe they won't. We'll see.

So, in summary, please stop twisting what I posted into some manufactured notion for you to perform your typical troll-like contortions for the purposes of ridicule and name-calling. Even you are above calling people "goons." I made *none* of the assertions you're implying, while you make no bones about the fact that you've posted your opinion about a "huge dropoff" between KSU and OU. That argument is truly laughable. If the programs were as distant as you imply, OU playing them to within 5 points given the well-described circumstances here should be considered a monumental success even in your book.

Spartan
10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Just like when OU played them last season with all the same key players. You've talked yourself into some kind of delusional K-State narrative. No one disagrees that K-State deserved to win, that Klein is good, or that they're in the driver's seat, but you act like K-State is some mammoth program that is able to will everyone to their style and dominate. In reality, K-State has 1 big 12 title in 16 years, and has been dominated by OU for the last 13 years. If you think other people are delusional to think OU might beat K-State if they played again then you're the one that's delusional. OU doesn't even look like the same team. And, I'm sure you'll say it's because of K-State, but they looked the same way against UTEP. Football is far more complex than your simplistic analysis.

Okay, fine, I'll agree that I don't think OU is very good and I've never thought Landry Jones was a very good quarterback. Blake Bell as a starter would at least be a lot more interesting.

But I think you're getting way to nuanced to avoid saying K-State is good this year. And you're right, as a program they're lucky to be in an AQ conference right now. But this team has some weapons. Watch them destroy TTU (this week) and then OSU, really the only ones left in their way..

However I still think it's absolutely preposterous and offensive to the purity of football as a sport for you sooner diehards to be acting as if fumbles don't happen. They do. It's a big part of football. And for you to scoff at "mistake-free football" as simplistic analysis is laughable, because playing mistake-filled football is exactly what OU has done the last several seasons.

dankrutka
10-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Recall him fumbling last year on the goal line, he might have recovered it. I definitely remember him throwing a pic on the goal line last year.

So you're not even sure?!? Then why bring it up. In probably 100 bulldozer snaps, he's lost one fumble. It was an aberration.

onthestrip
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
So you're not even sure?!? Then why bring it up. In probably 100 bulldozer snaps, he's lost one fumble. It was an aberration.

Because you claimed it was so out of the ordinary, but in fact he has turned it over near the goal line.

Spartan
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry, but you lose football credibility when you only dwell on the improbability of having a turnover against the highest turnover margin team in FBS. It's not even close between K-State and the next-best turnover margin team in the Big 12.

And I'm sorry, but right now, to even say OU and KSU are close is hilarious. Who has OU beaten? TTU (who will be exposed) and UT (who has been exposed, should have three conf losses). Who has KSU beaten? Miami, OU, ISU, WVU.. a clear pattern is emerging, they have definitely proved themselves.

This weekend will go a LONG way toward establishing OU's credibility, believe it or not. Kudos to Joe Castiglione for scheduling.

OKCisOK4me
10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Those people are just stupid. A true OSU fan would know the reason we lost the game is that we couldn't stop Mack Brown's 4th down attempts. That TD was only possible because they got past a 4th & 16. Horrible defense.

onthestrip
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Endlessly whining? It's interesting because I stopped hearing about it quite shortly afterwards from the OSU folks in my circle. The paper made an issue about it for less than a week but that's about all I've heard since.

If you want to talk endlessly whining, I still hear OU fans bringing up Oregon and Texas tech.

Spartan
10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
.....ergo, OSU fans are better at just drinking their sorrows away. Maybe.

dankrutka
10-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Because you claimed it was so out of the ordinary, but in fact he has turned it over near the goal line.

To be clear, you're changing your argument. You have provided no evidence that Bell has ever fumbled running the Belldozer. What happened against K-State was an anomaly. In 100 snaps he's never lost another fumble.

dankrutka
10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry, but you lose football credibility when you only dwell on the improbability of having a turnover against the highest turnover margin team in FBS. It's not even close between K-State and the next-best turnover margin team in the Big 12.

And I'm sorry, but right now, to even say OU and KSU are close is hilarious. Who has OU beaten? TTU (who will be exposed) and UT (who has been exposed, should have three conf losses). Who has KSU beaten? Miami, OU, ISU, WVU.. a clear pattern is emerging, they have definitely proved themselves.

This weekend will go a LONG way toward establishing OU's credibility, believe it or not. Kudos to Joe Castiglione for scheduling.

First, the Bell fumble has nothing do with K-State. They did nothing to cause it. Nothing.

Second, you just questioned who OU has beat and then claimed that K-State has quality wins against Miami, ISU, and WVU?!? K-State's credibility is built on the OU game. ISU and Miami are terrible, and it appears WVU is nothing more than an average team. How can you use WVU to build up K-State's resume and then not use Tech's to do the same for OU? Did you see what Tech did to WVU?!? Clearly, you're just throwing out things to "win an argument" without any consideration of reality. Lol.

OKCisOK4me
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Endlessly whining? It's interesting because I stopped hearing about it quite shortly afterwards from the OSU folks in my circle. The paper made an issue about it for less than a week but that's about all I've heard since.

If you want to talk endlessly whining, I still hear OU fans bringing up Oregon and Texas tech.

They also get salty when you talk about how they like to rip certain body parts off...hahahahaha

Spartan
10-26-2012, 02:30 AM
First, the Bell fumble has nothing do with K-State. They did nothing to cause it. Nothing.

Second, you just questioned who OU has beat and then claimed that K-State has quality wins against Miami, ISU, and WVU?!? K-State's credibility is built on the OU game. ISU and Miami are terrible, and it appears WVU is nothing more than an average team. How can you use WVU to build up K-State's resume and then not use Tech's to do the same for OU? Did you see what Tech did to WVU?!? Clearly, you're just throwing out things to "win an argument" without any consideration of reality. Lol.

Don't forget OU has to travel to Morgantown still. I agree on TTU though, but I can't wait to see what happens this weekend.

dankrutka
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Don't forget OU has to travel to Morgantown still. I agree on TTU though, but I can't wait to see what happens this weekend.

I agree, and OU could definitely still lose a game or two and this discussion might not matter. The issue with this team, and Landry in particular, is consistency. Can they continue to play at the high level they've played at these past 3 weeks or will they falter? I suspect they'll have a tough game soon because there's no way they keep up the turnover ratio they've had recently. This Notre Dame should be telling. Notre Dame seems to be a very good defensive team that is questionable on offense. Probably a top 15 team, maybe top 10. We'll see how OU responds...

zookeeper
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
KSU goes all the way to the BCS championship. Kansas State and Alabama would be a great game.

Just the facts
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
KSU goes all the way to the BCS championship. Kansas State and Alabama would be a great game.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict the following - KSU/OU rematch assuming both win-out.

zookeeper
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
To add to my KSU prediction for the BCS championship game, Collin Klein walks away with the Heisman.

Just the facts
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
No team is coming out of the SEC or PAC-12 without a loss - so who would be higher ranked, an OU team with one loss which came to the #1 team by 5 points or a 1-loss team from another conference that lost to someone who WASN'T the #1 team? The BIG XII has learned what the SEC has been doing - lose early in the year.

Just the facts
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and predict the following - KSU/OU rematch assuming both win-out.

Never mind :(

Spartan
10-28-2012, 10:42 AM
KSU did its part though

MonkeesFan
10-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Kansas State is winning the division, I think they will go undeafeated

OKCisOK4me
10-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Due to our conference having 12 teams for many years, I'll let that slide ;-)

onthestrip
10-28-2012, 02:51 PM
KSU beats OSU this week its pretty much a given since KSU has to essentially lose twice to lose conference. I do think the OSU KSU will be a fairly close game.

MonkeesFan
10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
KSU beats OSU this week its pretty much a given since KSU has to essentially lose twice to lose conference. I do think the OSU KSU will be a fairly close game.

No it won't, Kansas State is going to blow them out, have you seen the terrible Cowboys' defense?

onthestrip
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM
No it won't, Kansas State is going to blow them out, have you seen the terrible Cowboys' defense?

The defense that has held its last two opponents to 2 total offensive TDs? Obviously they are no ND or Bama type D but they are playing much better of late. OSU D coordinator bascially missed 3 games earlier in the year due to surgery, so that might have had something to do with the early season struggles. Also, I dont think KSU has that great of a D and can give up some points.

But I know, you are an OU fan and its natural reaction to answer that it will be a blowout. Vegas doesnt really think so, KSU -8. Maybe its an opportunity for you to make some money.

bluedogok
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I think it could be much like the KSU-Tech game, close for awhile but if OSU makes some mistakes it could steamroll out of control. If OSU limits mistakes, it could be a close game.

MonkeesFan
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
The defense that has held its last two opponents to 2 total offensive TDs? Obviously they are no ND or Bama type D but they are playing much better of late. OSU D coordinator bascially missed 3 games earlier in the year due to surgery, so that might have had something to do with the early season struggles. Also, I dont think KSU has that great of a D and can give up some points.

But I know, you are an OU fan and its natural reaction to answer that it will be a blowout. Vegas doesnt really think so, KSU -8. Maybe its an opportunity for you to make some money.

It is against crappy Iowa State and crappy Frogs, anybody can limit those teams to 14 points, you should watch Oklahoma's State defense against the Longhorns

OKCisOK4me
10-30-2012, 01:42 AM
It is against crappy Iowa State and crappy Frogs, anybody can limit those teams to 14 points, you should watch Oklahoma's State defense against the Longhorns

I think someone is still reeling from their team taking a beat down from a real Top 10 team on their home field. Time to focus on some Orlando Magic monkey...