View Full Version : Das Boot Camp

johnpwoods
10-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Das Boot Camp - German Restaurant opens its doors today in Downtown Norman. Open 11-midnight seven days a week.

HangryHippo
10-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm extremely excited about this opening. I hope it does well.

dankrutka
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Terrible name IMHO, but I hope it does well also. The concept definitely fills a niche that doesn't exist in Norman or OKC for that matter (with Royale Bavaria being located off the beaten path in Moore). I would love for this to be anything like Fassler Hall in Tulsa, which also has live music and such.

Pete
10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I guess it's owned by the Royal Bavaria people.

Really hope it does well. Been saying for years now this concept would be a homerun in central OKC.

Easy180
10-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Couldn't tell but is this basically Royal Bavaria with a larger bar?

redone2010
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Had dinner at Das Boot Camp this evening. The food is just as good as at Royal Bavaria - it's owned by the same people who own Royal Bavaria. The menu is much more limited, however, and less expensive. Thank goodness. We had the Jager Schnitzel with Spaetzel (called homemade noodles on the menu) and the Munich Roast Pork with German Potato Salad. Both dishes were very good. I think the bar area is slightly larger than the bar area at Royal Bavaria, but not by much, if at all. It is a bit more "modern," as the staff wears casual clothes (jeans / khakis / and Das Boot Camp T-shirts). One guy had on lader hosen(?). While it wasn't super busy, there was a steady stream of customers. Seemed like as one party left, another was there to take its place. Also, I had a pint of "Gold" beer - very refreshing. I would certainly recommend going, especially if you live close in and can't make it out to Moore (because that is just so far away from Norman - tee hee).

ou48A
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
My wife and I tried this place out Friday night. The menu is limited but cheap. We enjoyed it very much and we will go back……........
And yes it's owned by the Royal Bavaria people. I didn’t drink any on this trip, but they have some great beers.