View Full Version : Something New Coming to Bricktown

Dungeon Master
06-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and provide information of an upcoming event new to the OKC area.

I'm the Dungeon Master with over 15 years experience in family entertainment.
Why am I here? To inform everyone of something new coming to Bricktown. It's a family amusement attraction like no other and built to compliment the atmosphere of the Bricktown entertainment district.
What I’m providing is an "amusement ride" from an actual amusement park. Some may have seen this ride set up in October of last year as “The Dungeon Haunted Ride”. Some may have seen it in December of last year as the “Adventures of SantaLand” ride. But nobody has seen it in this stage for the summer operation. The ride has been expanded into the basement next door making it twice the size from last year.
More cars & track, new props and scenes have been added making this ride huge and impressive (compared in size to the Haunted Mansion in Florida).
This summer will be the kickoff to a new experience for Oklahoma City.

It's "The Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D".

That's right, 3D. You enter the ride with 3D glasses and go thru over a dozen different scenes and props that literally jump out at you. It's themed as a haunted dungeon and is safe and fun for the whole family to enjoy. With this attraction being an amusement ride, there are no limitations for smaller kids, older folks or the physically challenged. This ride is intended for all ages but may be a little scary for the really really young children who scare easily.
Each scene has its own sound system, special lighting/lasers and other special effects & animatronics.
Will it be hot this summer in Bricktown? Sure it will. But not in the Dungeon (because of its basement level location) so why not cool off in this one of a kind ride.
The Dungeon is located across from the Bourbon Street Cafe on the opposite side of the canal.
The grand opening date is scheduled for JULY 1st thru July 4th. Following the holiday weekend, the ride will operate Thursdays thru Sundays though out the summer.
More info will be sent soon on this truly exciting ride so stay tuned.
Thank you for your time and hope to see ya there,
The Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
06-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone,
Well, I could only be silent for so long.
One week from today (July 1st) something new will open to the public and it won't be something to miss.
The "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" will kick into action for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Over 10,000 square feet of 3D action and special effects will be unleashed to Bricktown, OKC.
Call 228-0055 if interested in a job opportunity or to request more information about this one-of-a-kind amusement ride.
More information will be provided as time approaches. Please stay tuned.
Hope to see you there and hope you have a great Forth of July. It's the celebration of our country and we all deserve it. Have fun and be safe!

Thank you, Dungeon Master

fromdust
06-27-2005, 02:43 PM
sound interesting. hope it does well.

Doug Loudenback
08-01-2005, 05:44 AM
I went by the place with my grandson this weekend, but it doesn't appear to be open yet ... a sign in the window said something about unexpected delays or something similar.

What's the projection? Looks like a great place.

Patrick
08-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Currently, Dungeon Master is waiting in line to get the necessary permits to open. Unfortunately, our city is slow about doing this.

Dungeon Master
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Thank you Patrick for explaining.

And Doug, sorry to you and your grandson for the inconvienance it may have caused.

It's still a city issue. I never had this problem in the past 2 years I operated the ride then all of a sudden the city descides to play differently.
Not realizing there were 2 ways to play, I started promotions and such for a projectable opening date. Going off the events from the last 2 years, I planned it out the same way this year but then got side-swiped by the city city office.
I don't get it myself. Bringing entertainment for the whole family to central OKC, you would think the city office would help out in getting it going, not play games with it. It's for tourism and adding safe family fun to the community. It's not like its another bar or resturant. It's an amusement ride for crying out loud.
So again, I appolize for for the false lead.
I will make an updated announcement once everthing is hammered out.

Dungeon Master

Doug Loudenback
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Not to worry, Dungeon Master, we were in Bricktown anyway to take in a movie and have some eats! Your deal would have merely been icing on the cake, and we look forward to your project getting past the city's hurdles!

Maybe some city officials will be reading this stuff and help you along your way!

Dungeon Master
08-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Thank you Doug,
I'm hoping the ride will compliment (be the icing on the cake) for all who experience the ride while in Bricktown. Anyone dissapointed in the ride, I want to know.
Yes, it would be nice if someone from the city office would notice. But I've emailed the Mayor Cornett and Councilman Foshee with no luck of even a reply. I guess family fun and entertainment isn't much of a concern for them. But then again, there are bigger issues so I guess I'll wait my turn. I'm not going anywhere. I'll sit and wait. It only dissapoints me when visitors miss out on a good thing.
Please PM me when you get a chance. I have a question for you.

Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Finally, Finally, Finally!

After a long journey thru the city delays and codes and such, the "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" is finally clear to open. (it's about time)
Although the summer season is coming to an end, The Dungeon will charish the next two weeks up thru Labor Day for operation.
This will be the last chance (this year) to experience the Dungeon as a subdued haunt before it goes extreme for the Halloween season.
But there is also another reason to attend this attraction.
The Dungeon is wanting to help out OKCTalk with the operational costs and so here we go.
Within 24 hrs, OKCTalk will have a banner to click on. This banner, when printed and redeemed at the ticket booth of the Dungeon will entitle $1.00 off regular admission price. Each coupon brought to the Dungeon and used when purchasing an admission ticket will in turn provide $.50 back to OKCTalks which will go towards the operational costs of the web site.
It's that simple and everyone wins.
You print off the coupon, redeem it at the ticket booth for a $1.00 off admission.
The Dungeon pays $.50 from each coupon collected to OKCTalk for future operating costs.
This offer is good only thru Labor Day. So the next two weekends is THE time to ride.
Operating hours are: (now thru Labor Day)
Fridays - 6:00 to 10:00pm (or later)
Saturdays - 2:00 to 10:00pm (or later)
Sundays - 2:00 to 8:00pm
And Labor Day - 2:00 to 8:00pm (the last day of the seaon)
Group discounts of 20 or more will get an additional $1.00 off.

Admission (prior to any discount):
$5.00 for Children ages 3 to 12
$5.00 for senior citizens
$7.00 for adults 13 to senior citizen age

Now is the time if you don't like the really scary stuff as Halloween will be turned up a notch. Then changed out for Christmas. Each season, for a limited time, I'll be providing this promotion so if the scary thing isn't your style but Christmas is, you can still get involved later.

I want to thank OKCTalks for this opportunity to help and for the time and effort they put into this forum. It really is a great asset for all of us to learn from and enjoy with.
Hope to see you there.

Thank you,

Doug Loudenback
08-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Great news! I'm looking forward to it!