View Full Version : Something new coming to Bricktown

Dungeon Master
06-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and provide information of an upcoming event new to the OKC area.

I'm the Dungeon Master with over 15 years experience in family entertainment.
Why am I here? To inform everyone of something new coming to Bricktown. It's a family amusement attraction like no other and built to compliment the atmosphere of the Bricktown entertainment district.
What I’m providing is an "amusement ride" from an actual amusement park. Some may have seen this ride set up in October of last year as “The Dungeon Haunted Ride”. Some may have seen it in December of last year as the “Adventures of SantaLand” ride. But nobody has seen it in this stage for the summer operation. The ride has been expanded into the basement next door making it twice the size from last year.
More cars & track, new props and scenes have been added making this ride huge and impressive (compared in size to the Haunted Mansion in Florida).
This summer will be the kickoff to a new experience for Oklahoma City.

It's "The Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D".

That's right, 3D. You enter the ride with 3D glasses and go thru over a dozen different scenes and props that literally jump out at you. It's themed as a haunted dungeon and is safe and fun for the whole family to enjoy. With this attraction being an amusement ride, there are no limitations for smaller kids, older folks or the physically challenged. This ride is intended for all ages but may be a little scary for the really really young children who scare easily.
Each scene has its own sound system, special lighting/lasers and other special effects & animatronics.
Will it be hot this summer in Bricktown? Sure it will. But not in the Dungeon (because of its basement level location) so why not cool off in this one of a kind ride.
The Dungeon is located across from the Bourbon Street Cafe on the opposite side of the canal.
The grand opening date is scheduled for JULY 1st thru July 4th. Following the holiday weekend, the ride will operate Thursdays thru Sundays though out the summer.
More info will be sent soon on this truly exciting ride so stay tuned.
Thank you for your time and hope to see ya there,
The Dungeon Master

metro
06-11-2005, 02:43 PM
cool, welcome to OKC

Karried
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Sounds fun, I'm sure the family will love it.... can't wait.

Doug Loudenback
06-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Dungeon Master,

Does your stuff have a website? If so, you'll not be able to post a link until you have 10 or so messages posted here (per forum rules to minimize spamming), but just answer yes or now with a few key search words and I'll be glad to Google those words, find the link, and post it here!

Sounds like fun ... and somethink I'd like to take my grandson to, to do!

Best of luck!

Doug

Dungeon Master
06-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Hello and thanks for the incouraging words. There is a web site and of course with the rules, I can only provide info to the site. If you do a google/yahoo search, type in bricktownamusement as one word and it should show you a link to go to. If not let me know. This link will show you pics from last years Halloween and Christmas seasons. I'm hoping to get it updated for the summer season really soon. I have to say that I've upgraded a bunch since last year so the website pics really do not show justice as to what will be this year. Also, the pics were taken with a flash and takes away the real effect of riding thru. And one more thing, last years 2 seasons where not 3D. Please keep this in mind when visiting the site.
Thank you for your questions and if there are other questions, please feel free to ask.
I'm a local owner of the ride and I'm trying to provide some fun entertainment for the families that visit Bricktown. I feel there are enough bars and resturants and there needs to be more things for "THE FAMILY" to do and for the younger generation that can't get into bars and such.
PLEASE NOTE!!!
SOON - There will be a game room set up in the exit lobby area of the ride for those interested in arcade games. Another venue for various kinds to enjoy.
I figure if you have to pay for parking, lets make the most of it, FOR EVERYONE.
Again, thank you for your time.

The Dungeon Master

Karried
06-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Looks really great - do we get discount tickets to the grand opening :yourock:

http://www.bricktownamusement.com/

Karried
06-11-2005, 06:15 PM
I wonder if you can contact Incredible Pizza and see if they will let you lease out the extra space in the old Walmart building? They were planning a Lazer tag or something there but this might be something they would look into - although we need something for families in Bricktown

Dungeon Master
06-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
I would love to & I'm sure I can think of something for members of OKCTALK.
There will be $1.00 off coupons but still working the issues on that.
ALSO - I'll be posting employment oportunities really soon.

The Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
06-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Well Karried, the ride is already set up, just finalizing the whole thing for the summer thing.
Your suggestion has merit and actually, next year (if all goes right), I plan to upgrade to a ride-thru LASER TAG set up and keep the theme the same.
I've already visited with a couple of major laser tag companies on the set up of equiping the cars and scenes/props.
We will see... but this is my future plan.
Because of the cost of a laser tag system, a sponsor type deal might need to be in place to afford the system.
I'm open to ideas though.

The Dungeon Master.

okcpulse
06-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Great! This is something that Bricktown has needed for quite sometime. What I'd like to do to compliment Bricktown after I-40 gets relocated is to help get an amusement boardwalk up and running along the river. Perhaps one day if enough funds become available, one of the country's largest roller coasters can be built along the Oklahoma River. Sure would get Frontier City's attention!

Again, I am happy to see this new addition to Bricktown.

Dungeon Master
06-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know I sent a post about employment opportunities for the Dungeon ride. It has been moved to the businessXchange forum where it is more appropriate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks, Dungeon Master

Patrick
06-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.okctalk.com/t3216-bricktown-dungeon-employment.html

Patrick
06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
By the way, here's the link to the site in case you're wanting any more info. on this new attraction in Bricktown:

www.bricktownamusement.com

Dungeon Master
06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone,
Well, I could only be silent for so long.
One week from today (July 1st) something new will open to the public and it won't be something to miss.
The "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" will kick into action for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Over 10,000 square feet of 3D action and special effects will be unleashed to Bricktown, OKC.
Call 228-0055 if interested in a job opportunity or to request more information about this one-of-a-kind amusement ride.
More information will be provided as time approaches. Please stay tuned.
Hope to see you there and hope you have a great Forth of July. It's the celebration of our country and we all deserve it. Have fun and be safe!

Thank you, Dungeon Master

Karried
06-24-2005, 06:33 PM
DungeonMaster, see if you look up emails on these sights and get your attraction listed as a tourist attraction or something new for Oklahoma. You may have to cut and paste into your address bar or Google Oklahoma tourism - contact the PR people and get the word out... good luck!! I really want to come down and have visitors from Calif that weekend so hopefully we will get to come down.

http://www.bricktownokc.com/index.shtml

http://www.okccvb.org/special/bricktown.htm

http://www.okclive.com/touristattractions.htm

http://www.shopoklahoma.com/tourist.htm

http://www.touringok.com/oktourists.htm

http://www.chiff.com/travel/oklahoma.htm

http://www.alltimefavorites.com/local/events-tours-attractions/events-tours-Tourist-Attractions/Oklahoma/cities.htm

Dungeon Master
06-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Thank you so much for the links Karrie,

I'll be sure to follow your advise. Any suggestions for improving advertisement I can for sure use since this whole thing is built on my own and my partner's personal investments.

If you and your visitors make it, ask for the Dungeon Master.

Thanks again, Dungeon Master

Patrick
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks to Dungeon Master, we were one of the first to hear about this new attraction for Bricktown. It finally showed up in the Journal Record today.

----------
"Fright Night Creations builds Dungeon in Bricktown
by Brian Brus
The Journal Record
7/8/2005

With plenty of restaurants and bars already, what Bricktown needs is more variety in entertainment venues, Tom Gore said.
Enter the Dungeon.

"The area is primed for family entertainment," said Gore, owner of Fright Night Creations Inc. "You've got the ballpark, you've got the theater, the water fountain, and an ice cream store. And of course the canal ride. It's all good stuff. But that's not a lot for kids to do. This is a perfect fit."

The Dungeon is an amusement park funhouse ride, complete with lasers, animatronic props, smoke machines, sound system, actors, neon-glow colors and special glasses for patrons to wear for even eerier effects. Appropriately enough, the Dungeon is in the basement of one of the buildings lining the canal, across from the Bourbon Street Café. Gore expects clearance from city inspectors to open later this month.

After a few months of business, Gore will close the site again, only to reopen under a new name. And then he'll close down and reopen with another façade, cyclically through the seasons.

"This theme is a haunted dungeon. We'll probably take it up a notch in October for Halloween - your serious haunt-goers expect the more intense stuff then. Then we'll change it all out for Christmas, with a winter wonderland theme," he said. "So we'll keep it fresh for return customers."

Gore and investment partner Chuck Salizar have been honing their thrill skills - Gore calls it a hobby - since their first haunted house walk-through venture in 1990. Gore wanted more, though, and with pointers from the Darkrides and Funhouse Enthusiasts group, he was able to acquire several passenger cars and hundreds of feet of track from defunct parks in Kentucky and closer to home in Cache.

He set up a cart ride at Crossroads Mall until his short lease ran out in May 2003. He found space in Bricktown in time to set up for Halloween last year, and with customer traffic stronger than what he saw at the mall, decided to stay. The lease with Brewer Entertainment is for 11,000 square feet.

The ride lasts about seven minutes, or 16 scenes, along 750 feet of track. Similar rides across the nation boast 12-17 scenes along 300-800 feet of track. Gore said his ride compares favorably with the Haunted Mansion at Skull Kingdom in Atlanta at 780 feet - "So we're up there with the big boys," he said.

He also pointed to Ripley's Haunted Adventure, a popular walk-through spook show in downtown San Antonio, Texas, near the Riverwalk canal.

"I thought it was OK. But this ride tops it in my mind," he said.

"You'll never find props from Wal-Mart in my ride," Gore said. "I've got pretty high standards. I'm very picky about my themes and how customers are going to react to them. … I want to put together a good, safe, fun ride for the entire family, not a cheap thing that's going to fall apart."

The track is lined with security cameras and monitored continuously. Gore also is planning to install 20-30 arcade games in the lobby, further enhancing the site's entertainment value.

Fright Night Creations' assets have accumulated over the years to an estimated overall value in the millions of dollars, he said."

jdweaver
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Dungeon Master, I got selected to do some dates for the KJ103 radio station and this sounded like a fun activity. Thought you might leave me a couple of free passes and then I could talk about it on the radio for a little free advertising. No big deal if not.

Thanks,
John

Spookytourchick
07-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I encourage everyone to visit this attraction... I will be doing some promotion work for them this fall!

Dungeon Master
07-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey jdweaver,

Yes, this WILL be a fun activity. I look foward to working with KJ103 and anyone else who would like to jump aboard this never seen attraction (especially in OKC).
We had KJ103 at our haunted ride event at Crossroads mall in 2003 and enjoyed their company very much. The ride has changed drastically since then with updates and such so this is a completely different attraction.
I'm updating the 3D art weekly making this ride better & better as time goes on.
How about we talk first then we'll talk incentives. I like to visit with anyone wanting to be a part of the Dungeon and see how it can be a win-win situation for both parties.
Send me a private message and we'll visit about this.

Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
07-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Spookytourchick,

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm looking foward to hooking up with GHOULI (Ghost Haunts of Oklahoma and Urban Legends Investigations). I really think both parties will benefit and compliment each other working together this fall.
A bigger event is a better event and that's my focus on providing great family entertainment
to the bricktown community.

Dungeon Master

Spookytourchick
07-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks, we are looking forward to it!!

Dungeon Master
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
This is sort of a test to put a pic on here for everyone to see. I hope I don't screw this up.
http://www.okctalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29

Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
07-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Hello everyone,

Well after trial and error, I've managed to load some photos to the gallary of the Dungeon ride (thanks to Patrick's assistance).
http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/522
I have many more pics but didn't want to eat up too much space and didn't want to spoil the ride either.
I'm putting up several more new extreme 3D art panels in the ride in the next couple days increasing the ride's impressive collection.
My web site has been updated as well with some photos and more will come as the new panels get up.
www.bricktownamusement.com (http://www.bricktownamusement.com)

Dungeon Master

Spookytourchick
07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Very cool, thanks for the weblink, i will add your link to my website when I get home!

Patrick
07-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Here are the pics Dungeon Master was referring to:

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/522/242-1.JPG

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/522/184-1.JPG

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/522/168-1.JPG

Patrick
07-12-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/522/185-1.JPG

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/522/153-2.JPG

okiemom
07-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Dungeon Master,

You might want to advertise here.

http://oklahoma-network.ryze.com/

There's not much action going on but it's a free site.

Dungeon Master
07-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks a bunch okiemom,

Every little bit helps, especially if it's free. My budget is very limited right now for advertising as I'm having a professional sign made for the front entrance to replace the banner. It's going to have that 3D look to it.
Again thanks for the link.

Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Finally, Finally, Finally!

After a long journey thru the city delays and codes and such, the "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" is finally clear to open. (it's about time)
Although the summer season is coming to an end, The Dungeon will charish the next two weeks up thru Labor Day for operation.
This will be the last chance (this year) to experience the Dungeon as a subdued haunt before it goes extreme for the Halloween season.
But there is also another reason to attend this attraction.
The Dungeon is wanting to help out OKCTalk with the operational costs and so here we go.
Within 24 hrs, OKCTalk will have a banner to click on. This banner, when printed and redeemed at the ticket booth of the Dungeon will entitle $1.00 off regular admission price. Each coupon brought to the Dungeon and used when purchasing an admission ticket will in turn provide $.50 back to OKCTalks which will go towards the operational costs of the web site.
It's that simple and everyone wins.
You print off the coupon, redeem it at the ticket booth for a $1.00 off admission.
The Dungeon pays $.50 from each coupon collected to OKCTalk for future operating costs.
This offer is good only thru Labor Day. So the next two weekends is THE time to ride.
Operating hours are: (now thru Labor Day)
Fridays - 6:00 to 10:00pm (or later)
Saturdays - 2:00 to 10:00pm (or later)
Sundays - 2:00 to 8:00pm
And Labor Day - 2:00 to 8:00pm (the last day of the seaon)
Group discounts of 20 or more will get an additional $1.00 off.

Admission (prior to any discount):
$5.00 for Children ages 3 to 12
$5.00 for senior citizens
$7.00 for adults 13 to senior citizen age

Now is the time if you don't like the really scary stuff as Halloween will be turned up a notch. Then changed out for Christmas. Each season, for a limited time, I'll be providing this promotion so if the scary thing isn't your style but Christmas is, you can still get involved later.

I want to thank OKCTalks for this opportunity to help and for the great time and effort they put into this forum. It really is a great asset for all of us to learn from and enjoy with.
Hope to see you there.

Thank you,

Karried
08-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Woo Hoo - can't wait!! Finally get to see the dungeon - I'll try to make it down this weekend and look you up Dungeon Master - good luck - I hope you have a great turnout!!!

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks Karried, I really appreciate that.
I think the families will really enjoy it. It's something new and something safe to do no matter what age or if physically challenged.

Spookytourchick
08-23-2005, 06:40 PM
:yourock:

Way to go and it was so nice meeting you the other day!!!

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey Spookytourchick,
Thanks a bunch and Nice meeting you too. Sorry I couldn't visit longer.
Looking forward to your event in October. We'll be glad to be a part of it as well.
Don't forget to give us updates.

Patrick
08-26-2005, 10:36 AM
If you go, make sure to print off the OKC Talk discount coupons. Not only do you get a discount, but a portion of the proceeeds go to OKC Talk.

http://www.okctalk.com/coupons/DM_Coupon.htm

Dungeon Master
08-26-2005, 11:39 PM
For all who might be planning to come out to the ride early Saturday.

The Dungeon will open this Saturday at 5:00pm instead of 2:00pm. A couple hour delay is needed for a minor adjustment in the ride. I prefer this delay to insure the ride is completely safe and enjoyable for everyone, which it is, but my standards are high to insure 100% satisfaction. I hope this doesn't complicate your already scheduled plans and if it does, I apologize.
You expect the best and I will deliver the best. That's the only way I will operate.
Hope to see you there. And don't forget about the $1.00 off coupon.