View Full Version : OU Notre Dame kickoff time 7PM ABC

Pages : [1] 2 3

ou48A
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Oklahoma Sooners‏@SoonerSportscom

http://twitter.com/OU_Football

The @OU_Football game against Notre Dame on Oct. 27 will kick off at 7 p.m. CT on ABC.

This is one of the biggest nonconference home games in OU history.

ou48A
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Our older OU players and fans will want to expel some demons from the past.

This needs to be a 2008 OU Tech home crowd.

jedicurt
10-15-2012, 10:46 AM
This is one of the biggest nonconference home games in OU history.

Really? what about all of those non conference OU v texas games? But then again, i guess you did say "one of the biggest" not the biggest, so it might still apply

ou48A
10-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Really? what about all of those non conference OU v texas games? But then again, i guess you did say "one of the biggest" not the biggest, so it might still apply

Read again, please
I said home games

Except for a very few early years OU – Texas has always been played on the great stage in Dallas

MonkeesFan
10-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I sure hope the Sooners will destroy Notre Dame! Sooners are 1-8 against Notre Dame and have not won against Notre Dame since 1956!

soonerliberal
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
This needs to be a 2008 OU Tech home crowd.

That was the most exciting and energetic game I have ever been to. I really hope the crowd is wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYeHQ1_NWM

Celebrator
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Please, please, please annihilate them.
I loathe the Fighting Irish.
Sincerely,
A life-long USC fan.

dankrutka
10-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I feel pretty confident that OU wins this game by 14+. The energy will be amazing, and while Notre Dame is greatly improved, their offense is incredibly suspent and their D is not going to be able to shut OU down all game if they continue to play anything like they have the last couple games. What K-State came in and did to OU's offense was very rare, and I don't see it happening twice this season at home.

OKCisOK4me
10-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Notre Dame games are usually on NBC. Are we going to see dual broadcasts?

ou48A
10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Notre Dame games are usually on NBC. Are we going to see dual broadcasts?

With very rare exception NBC only shows home Notre Dame games.

OKCisOK4me
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, like the game at Soldier Field a couple weeks ago.

ou48A
10-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Over the years NBC has covered a few neutral location Notre Dame Games.
If I remember correctly they also covered the ND - Navy game in Ireland this year too.
But NBC does not cover Notre Dame on it's true road games.

ou48A
10-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Trivia…

Before NBC offered its exclusive TV contract to Notre Dame University they first offered it to the University of Oklahoma. This occurred shortly after OU and Georgia’s successful law suit over TV rights against the NCAA that was taken all the way to the US Supreme Court. Both OU and Georgia were put on NCAA probation shortly after the lawsuit.

As it turns out prior to this time OU had the best TV ratings going back for about 3 decades of all college teams and was a prized commodity. OU turned down the opportunity because they would have been forced to with draw from the old Big 8 conference and this would have created huge scheduling problems for OU other sports.

OU’s TV appeal is still very large and it’s why every OU game has been on some type of TV for more than 10 years.

ou48A
10-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Trivia…

The only team to appear on the front cover of Sports illustrated more than OU is the New York Yankees

ou48A
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
For the ND game ….

If you leave early and leave the stadium with an unbroken voice and without sore hands you haven’t done your job as a fan.

Be tough and strong!

MonkeesFan
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Notre Dame barely won against Young today, I hope the Sooners will break their undeafted streak and get a huge upset next week!

blangtang
10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Notre Dame barely won against Young today, I hope the Sooners will break their undeafted streak and get a huge upset next week!

So ND is favored in this game? I haven't seen any lines yet

MonkeesFan
10-20-2012, 06:17 PM
So ND is favored in this game? I haven't seen any lines yet

No idea, I think Notre will be favored just barely

venture
10-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Obviously trap game for them and it almost got them. Kansas is the same for OU, but they are doing better.

Easy180
10-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Don't look now but the forecast is a high of 46 with 60% of precip

That would certainly put a damper on a HUGE event

MonkeesFan
10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Don't look now but the forecast is a high of 46 with 60% of precip

That would certainly put a damper on a HUGE event

That would remind me of the Sooners-Tech game last year...I hope not for a repeat....

venture
10-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Looks like most of the precip should be well east of Oklahoma by Saturday...temps could be down into the 30s by game time.

zookeeper
10-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I sure hope the Sooners will destroy Notre Dame! Sooners are 1-8 against Notre Dame and have not won against Notre Dame since 1956!

Not only that, Notre Dame beat Oklahoma in Norman in 1957 to end Oklahoma's classic five season long 47 game winning streak. Still the longest winning streak in history. http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/m-footbl-winning-streak.html

ljbab728
10-20-2012, 10:02 PM
No idea, I think Notre will be favored just barely

Things could change but the last I heard OU was about a 7 point favorite.

SoonerBoy18
10-20-2012, 10:10 PM
The crowd in Norman needs to be LOUD as if this was an SEC conference game.

ljbab728
10-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Not at all. They just need to be like they were in a great Big 12 game a couple of years ago against Texas Tech. The SEC has had nothing to top that. I was there and is was absolutely electric that night.

Dustin
10-20-2012, 10:44 PM
College Gameday will be there! Get your signs ready!

ljbab728
10-21-2012, 01:20 AM
College Gameday will be there! Get your signs ready!

The last time Gameday was here was for the Texas Tech game four years ago. Get ready for more of the same for the Irish.

RadicalModerate
10-21-2012, 01:54 AM
If our boys representing the Sooner State, can't take those pseudo-papist vaguely semi-frenchy emerald isle throwbacks back to the stone age . . . well . . . i guess the Schooner should be burnt if effigy or sumpin' . . .

I hope the Sooners put the land rush all over those effite eastern wimptypes in a manner reflecting true sportsmanship and the in-it-to-win-it deal. (are we really up by 7 in the poles? =)

Dustin
10-21-2012, 03:31 AM
The last time Gameday was here was for the Texas Tech game four years ago. Get ready for more of the same for the Irish.

They were here last year.

ou48A
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GE1Es.jpg

ou48A
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM

I agree if not louder.

I don’t care how old and mature you think you are or how many millions you have donated….. If you leave this game with a voice and with our sore hands you have failed OU as a fan.

If it’s socially acceptable for the Thunder to be Loud City then the OU crowd can be loud too….
If you won’t make noise then just please stay home and make sure your ticket is used by somebody that will be loud.

ou48A
10-21-2012, 05:17 PM
They were here last year.

At what home game was this?

Dustin
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
At what home game was this?

My bad... I'm thinking of the Oklahoma at Florida State game last year...

MonkeesFan
10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
The line is Sooners by 9 points, I am surprised about that!

Bob Stoops is 5-0 when gameday visits Norman, a good sign.....

ou48A
10-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Confirmed by @SoonerAD - @CollegeGameday will be on South Oval w Bizzell Library in view. More details on @SoonerSportscom this week
Retweeted by Oklahoma Football
https://twitter.com/OU_Football

dankrutka
10-21-2012, 10:37 PM
This Notre Dame team has been hanging on to a lot of close wins against some okay, but not great, teams. I will be surprised if the game ends up close, but maybe Notre Dame's D is better than I think.

MonkeesFan
10-21-2012, 11:35 PM
This Notre Dame team has been hanging on to a lot of close wins against some okay, but not great, teams. I will be surprised if the game ends up close, but maybe Notre Dame's D is better than I think.

Their defense is good but their offense stinks

I have been noticing that Sooner fans have been making prediction of blow outs instead of close games

Notre Dame should not be taken lightly

blangtang
10-22-2012, 12:38 AM
tickets for this game are going for ridiculous$$

MonkeesFan
10-22-2012, 12:41 AM
tickets for this game are going for ridiculous$$

The lowest I saw is $275, that is pretty high

betts
10-22-2012, 07:34 AM
The two seats immediately behind me are on eBay for $4,000. Wow. Of course there are no offers, or I might sell mine. I suspect my son would never speak to me again if I did, however.

SoonerDave
10-22-2012, 08:10 AM
I've never seen anticipation for a home game like this one - and that includes 2000 Nebraska. I was fortunate to stumble onto some really good tickets for only a bit above face, so I'm delighted. And I've NEVER heard about ticket prices for a home game like this one. Never. I don't think I would have any trouble getting >=$500 for the pair I've got, but I'm not about to find out :)

In my opinion, this game hinges on OU's ability to prevent Notre Dame's physical offensive front from just lining up and running the ball repeatedly. We want to force the Domers to throw, create pressure, force bad decisions, the works. As for the opposite side, ND's defense is good, especially their front 7, so OU's OL will be tested. However, if there's any way we get Landry and crew into a rhythm, I think the uptempo offense could absolutely crush ND. They see nothing like it going through their schedule.

Anyone that's watched ND so far has to know they've struggled offensively against even marginal defensive teams, which should be a great asset for the Sooners going in. I'm not about to pick a beatdown, but given how our defense seems to have reinvented itself over the last three games, and our offense has come to life, I sure like the Sooners' chances!

worthy cook
10-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I just got some okay seats on stubhub for $300. Section 107, row 31. I really dont care, I just want to be at the game. Thought I was in the clear until they tacked on a &^#&#@ $70 service fee, but that is another topic all together.

MonkeesFan
10-22-2012, 10:59 AM
I just got some okay seats on stubhub for $300. Section 107, row 31. I really dont care, I just want to be at the game. Thought I was in the clear until they tacked on a &^#&#@ $70 service fee, but that is another topic all together.

Stubhub always have ridicilious fees, have fun at the game! I wish I could go but I have to work, ugh!

LakeEffect
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

That game, and the Navy game in Ireland, were home games for ND, so NBC broadcast the games.

boitoirich
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Jeff Sagarin has Notre Dame rated about the same as Kansas State in his Predictor model. [ USA TODAY (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt12.htm) ] I don't see this as being an easy out, unless the Irish gets erratic QB play, which I have seen at times this year.

The Irish have played a decent schedule (20th to OU's 28th) and are in the top 10 nationally in passing defense and passing efficiency defense. Sooners need the run game to show up. That, and hopefully the crowd starts loud and stays loud.

OKCTalker
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Minor threadjack - there's a discussion going on over at the Chesapeake Arena thread about cellphone connection problems during games. Lots of people can't get signals, make phone calls, send/receive texts, both inside and outside the arena. Since OU's Memorial Stadium is 4-5x the capacity of the 'Peake, does everyone have similar connectivity issues during OU home games? Thanks...

MonkeesFan
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Minor threadjack - there's a discussion going on over at the Chesapeake Arena thread about cellphone connection problems during games. Lots of people can't get signals, make phone calls, send/receive texts, both inside and outside the arena. Since OU's Memorial Stadium is 4-5x the capacity of the 'Peake, does everyone have similar connectivity issues during OU home games? Thanks...

No since it is outside

dankrutka
10-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Yes. It has been difficult, not impossible, at least dating back to 2000. Very similar to Chesapeake Arena.

Dubya61
10-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes. It has been difficult, not impossible, at least dating back to 2000. Very similar to Chesapeake Arena.

In Lloyd Noble, though, they've got good connectivity with WiFi, to boot.

ou48A
10-22-2012, 05:40 PM
OU DECLARES A STRIPE OUT

http://www.soonersports.com/sp.../102212aag.html

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sooner fans, the University of Oklahoma is asking you to help "Stripe the Stadium" and coordinate the display of our colors in front of a primetime, nationally-televised audience Saturday.

The OU Athletics Department is encouraging all attending the OU-Notre Dame football game to don either crimson or white depending on their seat location inside Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

Fans located in even-numbered sections are encouraged to wear crimson-colored gear and fans in odd-numbered sections should wear white. OU students are asked to wear crimson.

All in attendance will receive a commemorative OU/Notre Dame rally towel upon entry thanks to the support of Midfirst Bank, Coca-Cola, OG&E and the OU IT Store.

Let's add to the tradition of this historic rivalry as we unite our Sooner pride and continue to be the greatest fans in college football. Kickoff is 7 p.m. Central.

If you’re in an odd section you can wear a white tee shirt over your coat if needed.
It’s Monday so you have plenty of time to get this done.

MonkeesFan
10-22-2012, 05:43 PM
OU DECLARES A STRIPE OUT

http://www.soonersports.com/sp.../102212aag.html

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sooner fans, the University of Oklahoma is asking you to help "Stripe the Stadium" and coordinate the display of our colors in front of a primetime, nationally-televised audience Saturday.

The OU Athletics Department is encouraging all attending the OU-Notre Dame football game to don either crimson or white depending on their seat location inside Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

Fans located in even-numbered sections are encouraged to wear crimson-colored gear and fans in odd-numbered sections should wear white. OU students are asked to wear crimson.

All in attendance will receive a commemorative OU/Notre Dame rally towel upon entry thanks to the support of Midfirst Bank, Coca-Cola, OG&E and the OU IT Store.

Let's add to the tradition of this historic rivalry as we unite our Sooner pride and continue to be the greatest fans in college football. Kickoff is 7 p.m. Central.

If you’re in an odd section you can wear a white tee shirt over your coat if needed.
It’s Monday so you have plenty of time to get this done.

Interesting....

OKCisOK4me
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
As you know ou48A, I'm an OSU fan, but I posted the pic of that to my Facebook account only because I think it would look mighty impressive on TV and I'm sure I'll be watching the game. More than 90% of my friends and family are Sooner fans so I told those Boomers to pass it on!

ou48A
10-22-2012, 06:00 PM
As you know ou48A, I'm an OSU fan, but I posted the pic of that to my Facebook account only because I think it would look mighty impressive on TV and I'm sure I'll be watching the game. More than 90% of my friends and family are Sooner fans so I told those Boomers to pass it on!

Good for you!

But I am not very optimistic about this striping effort, but I will comply
With the cold weather it’s going to be hard to find enough 4 X white shirts to fit over coats and jackets.
In a pinch a white bed sheet would work well.

And to all the others please pass this on and stir on the passion.

adaniel
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM

I know in the past, AT&T has brought in portable antennae to increase signal strength, and it has seemed to help slightly.

However, there is so much you can do when you have 85,000 who all want to text, talk, tweet, instagram, twitpic, and IM at the same time, especially right at the beginning of the game to tell their friends "OMG I'm at the game go sooners lol"

The last game I was at last year, the signal definitely improved as the game went on.

ThomPaine
10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
We may also get an opportunity to see some National Guard Soldiers making a big presentation on the field right before kickoff, as well as during Game Day. Might be a pretty neat opportunity for some Soldiers!

bluedogok
10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Indoor or outdoor it doesn't really matter, large facilities use repeater antennas to pick up the signal. Most of the under deck areas at Owen Field (and Mile High) have them located there. It has sucked at pretty much any stadium or arena that I have been in, AT&T was worse. So much so that I switched to Verizon because of the poor service at the Tech game in 2010 and this was a day after they had a story on the news about all the new repeater antennas in place for the game. We had no cell, MMS or data service until the third quarter as I was trying to get a hold of a friend in the stadium. The worst game was any game at Cowboys Stadium (OU-BYU or a Dallas game) with a mile of sign board stating that AT&T was the official provider of Cowboys Stadium, it would've been nice to get a signal inside there. This year at the Broncos-Texans game was the first time that I have had consistent data service and that was with my 3G Droid Incredible and not my new iPhone 5 which has LTE, they are no longer upgrading 3G service so hopefully the good LTE service is a continuing trend.

SoonerDave
10-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Always have trouble connecting (phone or data) while in OMS.

MonkeesFan
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
My prediction score:

Notre Dame-24
Oklahoma Sooners-31

I would be surprised if either team wins in a blow-out

Stan Silliman
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
With the possible exception of Stanford, I don't think Notre Dame has played good offensive teams.
Michigan and Michigan State haven't shown much O but ND's defense has been stout against everyone.
Stacy McGee is back for the game. Let's see if he takes out any frustrations on the ND quarterback,
who has had his share of criticism.