View Full Version : OKC PHP Group

soonerdm
06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Anyone interested in PHP for development of web applications is invited to the monthly PHP group meetings. More information phpokc dot net

Todd
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Hello and welcome soonerdm!

I am curious if your group is for advanced coders or newbies? As you know this forum software is coded in PHP by Jelsoft. I often need complex custom PHP work done and usually use a couple of overseas coders and one guy in New York once in a while so I have decided to learn more about PHP.

I would hate to show up and look like a complete idiot.

soonerdm
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
We have guy that has authored a book to guys wondering which books they need to get to get started. But I would say this group is geared toward people with some experience. As you know there is more than one way to get things done.

This will only be our third meeting and we will have one of our members give an intro to OOP PHP. A new New Horizons rep. will be there also to talk about upcoming PHP classes they will be offering.

Last meeting we really just discussed what books and topics to cover if you want to get started in PHP.

If you want to use a local coder. I can give you the name of one of our members that is a lights out great coder.

ibda12u
06-13-2005, 04:45 PM
hmm... sounds pretty interesting. I've really been digging into PHP, but I would consider myself "slightly dangerous", just enough to hurt something. Regardless it may be a good time to hang out with some other web folks, and learn something.

soonerdm
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Just a bump to let everyone know our monthly meeting will be July 12th at Java Daves on 10th street.

more info.

http://www.phpokc.net

Elmofromok
07-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Cool, I just joined the group!

I use PHP alot in my design business. I just missed the July meeting but will try and make it in August.

Chad
dreamchasers web services

raneman
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
cool site dm!