View Full Version : How should I relocate?

wefour
10-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Probably OT, but this looked like the best place to post.

I'm taking a job teaching math at a Title I school in NE OKC. Apparently someone quit and they want me there ASAP.

We barely know the city. We have two great kids in elementary school and are trying to figure out where to look for housing etc. The school is near where 35 and 44 join just north of Lincoln park golf course, Remington Park racetrack, and the science museum (Lake Aluma / Forest Park?).

I'd love to find a short term situation so we could get our bearings (I'm concerned about doing a 1 year lease and finding out that it isn't safe / traffic is terrible / etc.)

If you can comment on the area, suggest where to look or know someone with space who might like to get to know a christian family while they figure things out please reply.

ljbab728
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
You didn't say what kind of housing you're looking for. If you're looking for a nearby apartment, the Lincoln at Central Park apartments might be a good short term option for you.

Apartments for Rent Oklahoma City, OK | Lincoln Property (http://www.thelincolnatcentralpark.com/)

kevinpate
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
fwiw, a long time family friend teaches in metro but lives in Norman and commutes. Has for years, even after the kiddos are all grown. We're a fun place.

Bellaboo
10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Probably OT, but this looked like the best place to post.

I'm taking a job teaching math at a Title I school in NE OKC. Apparently someone quit and they want me there ASAP.

We barely know the city. We have two great kids in elementary school and are trying to figure out where to look for housing etc. The school is near where 35 and 44 join just north of Lincoln park golf course, Remington Park racetrack, and the science museum (Lake Aluma / Forest Park?).

I'd love to find a short term situation so we could get our bearings (I'm concerned about doing a 1 year lease and finding out that it isn't safe / traffic is terrible / etc.)

If you can comment on the area, suggest where to look or know someone with space who might like to get to know a christian family while they figure things out please reply.

If I were you, I'd live in the Southeast part of Edmond. The commute is only about 15 minutes to where you are working. The schools are much better along with the community. There hardly is any traffic in OKC.

TaoMaas
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
If I were you, I'd live in the Southeast part of Edmond. The commute is only about 15 minutes to where you are working. The schools are much better along with the community. There hardly is any traffic in OKC.

I second this. You could commute via I-35. It's much better than taking Broadway Extension every day.