View Full Version : Whole Foods is Freezing Cold

sevenstars61
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know why Whole Foods on Western keeps their store so cold? I notice this in other grocery stores, but I literally have to put on three layers to tolerate shopping at Whole Foods.

kevinpate
10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Maybe it's along these lines "Hi, we're glad ya came, please collect what ya need and go home. Don't linger in the aisles or hang out with friends near the x,y,z or we'll make it even colder for the next trip."

Probably way more to do with product freshness. Yet, given how folks raved and raved on the place coming in, I could see them wanting to avoid hanger-on social hangout types that might interfere with actual shoppers. Never been, don't even know if it is a problem or not. Ignore at will.

bluedogok
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm usually of the opposite opinion, most every place is too hot for me and I have to shed layers when it is cold outside and hot inside. I pretty much expect every place that I go to to be too danged hot for my liking.

bandnerd
10-14-2012, 07:52 PM
If it's any consolation, I've been chilled to the bone the last few weeks leaving my Homeland. It seems that the a/c finally works now that the summer is over....

ljbab728
10-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I agree. I"ve been to both Whole Foods and Homeland within the last week. I generally find it to be cooler at Homeland although I've never been uncomfortable at either place.

sevenstars61
10-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Hmmm, I think a temperature test is in order. I have a thermometer which I will use to take temp readings at these stores. I will post my findings. Perhaps I am the only person with this issue, but for me walking into the Whole Foods in particular is bad because in addition to the cold they have fans going, so you get the icy breeze.
Thanks for the feedback!