View Full Version : Remodel Starbucks parking

MonkeesFan
10-12-2012, 09:37 PM
In my opinion, Starbucks have the smallest and worst parking in the world, sometimes I have to park across Chili's or near Home Depot because parking lot is full which is annoying, so in my opinion, they need to remodel the parking lot to make it bigger

Thoughts?

jn1780
10-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Not much they can do. The drive though line would block any additional rear parking and they don't own the land next door. I think I remember people commenting when it was first built how it was smaller than usual. I guess they thought people were going to use the drive through more.

catch22
10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
In my opinion, Starbucks have the smallest and worst parking in the world, sometimes I have to park across Chili's or near Home Depot because parking lot is full which is annoying, so in my opinion, they need to remodel the parking lot to make it bigger

Thoughts?

Wow. You might have to walk 100 feet in this state. This is unheard of. Are we as a society THAT lazy to not be able to walk to a front door instead of parking right at the front door? (Yes we all know the answer to that)

MonkeesFan
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Not much they can do. The drive though line would block any additional rear parking and they don't own the land next door. I think I remember people commenting when it was first built how it was smaller than usual. I guess they thought people were going to use the drive through more.

Ahh that sucks

MonkeesFan
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Wow. You might have to walk 100 feet in this state. This is unheard of. Are we as a society THAT lazy to not be able to walk to a front door instead of parking right at the front door? (Yes we all know the answer to that)

I guess

CuatrodeMayo
10-13-2012, 09:09 AM

Thoughts?

This is what's wrong with America.

ShiroiHikari
10-13-2012, 11:58 AM
On one hand, it is a tiny parking lot.

On the other hand, having to park a little ways away is no great hardship.

Unless it's 110 degrees outside, I guess.

MonkeesFan
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
On one hand, it is a tiny parking lot.

On the other hand, having to park a little ways away is no great hardship.

Unless it's 110 degrees outside, I guess.

Rain, snow too

catch22
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Rain, snow too

Umbrella. Boots.

How do people in cities where cars are not a necessity get around in the rain or snow? Is this purely an Oklahoma issue?

catch22
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
In other words. Why do we have such a hard time being outside in Oklahoma, when people in other cities (some with much harsher weather conditions) get along just fine with walking?

Easy180
10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
If only it had a drive thru

MonkeesFan
10-13-2012, 01:21 PM
If only it had a drive thru

It does have a drive through

betts
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
In other words. Why do we have such a hard time being outside in Oklahoma, when people in other cities (some with much harsher weather conditions) get along just fine with walking?

It's all about mindset. We have better weather most of the year than most cities. In July and August I'd do drive through. Otherwise I'd enjoy the stroll.

bille
10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
It does have a drive through

He was being facetious.

If the parking lot is full (and this goes for most places) chances are the drive thru will be backed up as well and a long wait should be expected. That said, if the parking lot is full why not just drive another 1/8 mile to Target and go into that Starbucks there?

catch22
10-16-2012, 10:52 AM
He was being facetious.

If the parking lot is full (and this goes for most places) chances are the drive thru will be backed up as well and a long wait should be expected. That said, if the parking lot is full why not just drive another 1/8 mile to Target and go into that Starbucks there?

Or park an additional 100 feet away and walk to the Starbucks?

What's the difference in parking at Target and walking 150-200 feet inside to the Target Starbucks, and parking 100 feet from the front door of the Starbucks and walking inside to it?

jn1780
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM

What's the difference in parking at Target and walking 150-200 feet inside to the Target Starbucks, and parking 100 feet from the front door of the Starbucks and walking inside to it?

The Target Starbucks is probably going to be less busy though. Not many people smart enough to think of this. lol

catch22
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
By the time you drive down the road to Targets, get out of your car, walk inside, go to Starbucks, get your drink, and walk 200 feet back to your car. You could probably be walking out the door at the other Starbucks. And you didn't have to drive. I just cannot understand this inability to walk in Oklahoma. It truly baffles me.

HangryHippo
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I hear you but don't forget, it is plain hard to walk in most of Oklahoma City. Take a look at this very busy intersection with tons of retail all around it.

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i/547788-1016201281440pm.png

How would you cross it? I'm going to go up there to Spices of India instead of my wife because I don't want her trying to cross that road with three kids in tow. Just looks to dangerous. The walk from the bus stop to the shopping center look like suicide.

There's a bus stop somewhere in that photo?

bille
10-17-2012, 08:13 AM

Being busy was my point and I thought I mentioned that...oh wait, I did.

I'm not opposed to walking but I loathe standing in line waiting, especially when another option is available. I'm past the age where I care that people I don't know see me as cool/hip for standing in a long line at a 'real' Starbucks.

HangryHippo
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
HAHA, wow. We have got to do better.

Just outside the frame on the north. :
http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i/44533-1016201282407pm.png

See that bench? That is the stop.

Spartan
10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
This is what's wrong with America.

Do you mean just this post, or the entire Moore board? :p