View Full Version : Update on Main Street Deli

Patrick
08-28-2004, 12:15 AM
This has actualyl been on downtownguy's blog site for sometime now, I just never had a chance to post it. For those of you that may not remember, Main Street Deli was located in the bottom floor of the Montgomery Building. The business had been there for years, and in my opinion, you've complimented the apartments nicely. But, the owner was basically forcd to leave, and thus he's been looking for a new location for his business. Downtownguy has the latest inside information.

From Downtownguy's Blog, Friday, August 13, 2004 (http://downtownguy.blogspot.com):

"I have some news.... Jim Glover, who built up a beloved Main Street Deli (once Big Ed's) into a community center, is hoping to return downtown soon. Inside track is he's negotiating a lease that would allow him to open at the corner of Park Avenue and Broadway"

http://downtownguy.blogspot.com

okcstylez
08-28-2004, 01:00 AM
Awesome that it most likely will come back. Its a good example of what loosing a thing and adding a new more needed thing can come about greatly. I mean by moving to Park Avenue and Broadway thats a great location that if I remember right dont have anything of such a buisness right there not enough at least. I love walking in the buisness district the most Downtown like feel you can get anywhere in the downtown area. I hope this buisness thrives in its new great location its looking at.

HOT ROD
08-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I hope this starts a trend downtown for storefront retail in office buildings. It just lends character and pedestrian traffic to downtown having retail and restaurants on the first level storefronts of skyscrapers and buildings.

Bank One tower could not accomodate this as it was solely designed as a bank headquarters, but First National, OK Tower, Corp, Leadership Sq, others can. Leadership and First National's arcade are the only skyscrapers I know of with storefronts (Corp tower has Kinko's). We need MORE of this and I hope the Main Street Deli/Big Eds is the beginning to a new renaissance downtown of storefront retail!