View Full Version : This man is receiving a free education.

Dustin
10-05-2012, 09:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dFY0U.png

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8466428/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-tweets-classes-pointless

mcca7596
10-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Ahh... lovely insight into the important things in life, Mr. Jones.

Just the facts
10-05-2012, 10:22 PM
This man is receiving a free education

I seriously doubt he is getting an education at any price. Besides, America needs people to hold up those "SLOW" signs at road construction sites (poles cost too much).

kevinpate
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
If he's a ball player, the education isn't exactly free. Lot of effort and hours go into that process, irrespective of whether one is a bench-warmer or a Sam Bradford.

Achilleslastand
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Priceless...............

bluedogok
10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
If he doesn't want to take advantage of what he is offered for his play then that is his loss. Evidently he is too ignorant of how few really make a living at football to take his future seriously. He is nothing but someone who takes his physical gifts for granted.

Hawk405359
10-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Given that he's their 3rd string QB, he might as well be making use of that education. It's not like he has realistic NFL prospects.

Pete
10-06-2012, 06:03 PM
What's this guy going to do when he's used his college eligibility and has no paying prospects in football?

He "ain't come to play school"... The real world is going to present some very harsh realities.

Jon27
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM
How long until he "claims" that his Twitter was hacked?

Laramie
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
This guy is certainly speaking his feelings. Ohio State which is a notably proud academic school will quickly put a lid on this type of talk.

This is one of those brain-reckless remarks from a young man who doesn't value his scholarship; football is not going to be something he can fall-back on because it doesn't carry the magnitude of a college degree from a reputable institution such as Ohio State.

Hope he makes it in the pros...

Just the facts
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
What is sad is that out there somewhere is a person who lost a scholarship to this clown. Ohio St should track that person down and apologize to them.

I wish universities would off a major in "Professional Athlete". Teach them the history of pro sports (not just the one they play), intro to sports medicine, how to coach, contract negotiations, health and fitness, etc... They could even have English for Athletes where they read biographies and learn different literary styles. At least this would give some of them the skills to be a HS coach, commentator, or even a referee/umpire/official if they don't make it in the pros.

RadicalModerate
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I am shocked at the "elitist" mentality of those who chose to comment on what might appear to be a reckless, worthless, unbelieveable investment of educational resources . . .
On the other hand, I'm happy that the kid at least learned how to spell.
And mock the old trope: don't anti-tweet the hand that feeds ya.

Justice will out . . . (maybe even college sports scholarships)

(i just hacked his Twitter . . . uh huh, uh huh.,..so di' . . . (not really)

wallbreaker
10-09-2012, 11:16 PM
When I first saw this, I saw it as more of a "fronting"/image type thing. But maybe I'm delusional in thinking the best of folks...

Bellaboo
10-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Eventually he'll just be another 2:00 am police report statistic.