View Full Version : 18 to party in Bricktown?

backslide
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Are there any clubs in Bricktown that are 18 to party, 21 to drink?

I recently moved to the area and went down to Bricktown by myself the first weekend I was here and it seems like all the bars/clubs are 21+ only. (Went to Maker's and smoked a cigar and had a drink - seems like a pretty place.)

I'm over 21, but I have some friends that will be visiting me that are not. Bricktown seems like a cool place to party, but it would suck if I can't go anywhere with my friends with them being under 21 and all.

HOT ROD
06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
I think Rane is 18 and older, but Im not sure if they serve.

backslide
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I think Rane is 18 and older, but Im not sure if they serve.

It says on their website that they are a 21 and over club.

John
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Maker's is 21 and up, as well, if you didn't see the sign.

There used to be a couple of 18+ establishments in Bricktowns infancy (Studio 310, to name one), though now, I believe BricktownLive and The Green Door are all ages, when they are having live music.

metro
06-08-2005, 11:15 AM
welcome to OKC backslide, where did you move from? yeah just bricktown live and green door are 18+ in bricktown, hopefully there will be a new 18+ shortly over a few blocks in MidTown

backslide
06-08-2005, 03:43 PM
welcome to OKC backslide, where did you move from? yeah just bricktown live and green door are 18+ in bricktown, hopefully there will be a new 18+ shortly over a few blocks in MidTown

NYC

Are there any good clubs that are 18+?

BDP
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Are there any good clubs that are 18+?

Define good.

Other than the Green Door and Bricktown Live, there's the Blue Note and the Conservatory, which are also live music venues. Of course there are always restruarant/bars, but I think you're looking for more clubish atmosphere. OK laws make that hard to accomplish.

backslide
06-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Define good.

Other than the Green Door and Bricktown Live, there's the Blue Note and the Conservatory, which are also live music venues. Of course there are always restruarant/bars, but I think you're looking for more clubish atmosphere. OK laws make that hard to accomplish.

Let me be more specific then: Are there any popular nightclubs (ie. dance clubs) in the Oklahoma city area (not necessarily in Bricktown) that are 18+?

I did a quick search and found a place called "Mardi Gras" that is 18 to enter. Any others?

metro
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah Mardi Gras on NW 50th and Meridian is probably you're best bet although there is a pretty decent looking place on I-40 and Meridian area called Club Cancun I think and looks nicer than Mardi Gras, I'm not sure the ages though. Some 21 clubs are 18 tues-thurs and raise the age only on weekends. Oh and Congo's in Norman would actually be the best, its a new mega club down by the University of Oklahoma, haven't been but heard is a blast. If I were you stay active on this forum and grab a Gazette, the most popular independent weekly in the metro, they are free and you can find them at any happening establishment. I think there website is www.okgazette.com . Why did you move here from NYC?? Glad to have you here though

backslide
06-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Probably the only reason why any NYCer would move to OKC - military.

Air Force told me to come here and I did.

Kongos seems cool. Couldn't find anything online about Club Cancun though.

metro
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Thats not true backslide, I know plenty of ex NYCers that have moved here recently and love it. Several of them live in the Montgomery downtown. Granted its not as hopping as you are used to, but how boring would it be if every large city where the same. Every city is unique with different things to offer than NYC cant provide. For one, less pollution, crime, more outdoor activities, etc. I bet NYC didnt think we were so hickish and boring when 9/11 came, they sure used our support staff and advice because of our experience with the 4/19 bombing here.

OKC has plenty to offer and I hope you get out and adventure it. Its a city on the move and is continuing to grow and change daily. What a better time than now for you to share your experience from an already established city which has been around for more than 150 years longer than our OKC. You may want to check out the Alliance of Emerging Professionals (AEP) thread and come to our next social. We usually have alot of hip events, wine tastings at art galleries, etc. We could use your input to help shape this city the way you would like to see it.

As far as the club thing, I'm 21+ and I'm not a big clubber but you may check out Lit in Bricktown with your over 21 friends, otherwise, I bet Kongo's in Norman is your best bet. Give it time and ask plenty of questions and you'll figure out places to go and plenty to do.