View Full Version : Alternate jerseys inbound, says Sam Presti

Pages : [1] 2

Matt
09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
From dailythunder.com (http://www.dailythunder.com/2012/09/thunder-to-wear-alternate-uniform-this-season/)

Thunder to wear alternate uniform this season
Royce Young September 26th, 2012

The Thunder will finally be wearing a third jersey this season.

During his preseason press conference, Sam Presti said the team will be adding an additional uniform set.

“We’re really excited about it,” Presti said. “We hope people like it. But the people wearing the uniform have to do the job.”

The league has certain stipulations and regulations a team has to meet before an alternate can be added. As Presti said, it’s not like the team’s “just now getting around to it.” The league determines whether or not a team has sufficiently established their brand and then the team can proceed.

As far as color, design or anything else, Presti wouldn’t give away a sneak peek. But he did say that Russell Westbrook didn’t have design input.

“He’s just eye-wear.”

And from Darnell Mayberry:

Presti says the alternate is not a part of the league's annual Hispanic heritage celebration. It's an alternate that's designed by the team.

Daily Thunder also noticed that these were added to the NBA Store recently--speculating that they may be related to the new jerseys:

http://i.imgur.com/tIerF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E1zd5.png

MDot
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Bout time. Excited to see what they look like.

Pete
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Oooh...

I really hope the alternative jerseys have that "OKC" logo featured instead of "Oklahoma City" or "Thunder".

I proposed this some time ago, ala the PHX jerseys sometimes worn by the Suns. OKC is a great brand to promote, both for the team and city.

http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/514/51499457e72b9c0cbfa8391173d0552232355d.jpg

BoulderSooner
09-26-2012, 11:59 AM
i would be a bunch that they will be OKC

Matt
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah, there's no way they won't say OKC.

I almost posted this a month ago, but decided it wasn't quite new-thread worthy. Paul Lukas, the "uniform guy" at ESPN, ranked OKC's uniforms 37th in all of professional sports (http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8275736/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122):

Very underrated. The home design is particularly strong -- one of the best in the league -- in large part because of the orange and gold trim, which really pops. The road design would probably be stronger if they put "City" below the uni number instead of stacking the two words, but it still works. Sort of amazing that they haven't come out with an "OKC" alternate yet, but that's presumably right around the corner.

He's right. They really should put "City" below the number.

Matt
09-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Looks like this may be the shorts:

http://i.imgur.com/ESxUy.png

Jake
09-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm excited to see what they've come up with!

dcsooner
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
link to site?

dankrutka
10-04-2012, 01:46 AM
The designs that are being leaked look pretty boring. Navy blue, meh. The current uniforms are traditional so I hope they change it up a little more than it appears.

Richard at Remax
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Leaked images for anyone who is curious based on the shorts and new graphics. As far as I know these are just mockups and nothing official.

MonkeesFan
10-08-2012, 10:09 AM

Leaked images for anyone who is curious based on the shorts and new graphics. As far as I know these are just mockups and nothing official.

These are awful

Pete
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Wow, if those are them that's really, really disappointing.

MDot
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
A part of me thinks these aren't it but they're consistent with other leaks and findings around the web. Truly disappointing if these are it.

betts
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Remember, these are brought to you by the same people who picked the original logo and unis. To quote a local architect, "Oh, to have their money and my taste!" But seriously, these remind me of the new Brooklyn uniform. Maybe there's a trend towards monochromatic simplicity. And, their simplicity at least avoids the awfulness of some previous team's attempts to be artistic. To me the Minnesota Timberwolves' uni is one of the worst and this is certainly the antithesis of that style. I'll reserve judgement. The old log and uni have grown on me and this one may well too.

Bellaboo
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I would discredit these, other than the color. Some have stated it will have the 'OKC' logo on the front.......any ones guess at this point.

dcsooner
10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow, if those are them that's really, really disappointing.

Could not agree more. This design would be very disappointing

krisb
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I beg to differ. I like the simplicity of the design. It echoes the old school Celtics jerseys.

dankrutka
10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I love them. Very retro. I think they'd look better than people think...

bluedogok
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
The Nuggets went retro with a merging of their current colors and the old skyline logo.

dcsooner
10-09-2012, 02:09 AM
ugly Denver

G.Walker
10-09-2012, 05:32 AM
We don't even know if those are the new jerseys, whic I don't think they are...

Dustin
10-09-2012, 11:03 PM
NBA 2K13 leaks Oklahoma City Thunder alternate uniforms - Thunderous Intentions - An Oklahoma City Thunder Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More (http://thunderousintentions.com/2012/10/09/nba-2k13-leaks-oklahoma-city-thunder-alternate-uniforms/)

BoulderSooner
10-10-2012, 06:22 AM
that makes it pretty much official

G.Walker
10-10-2012, 07:43 AM
the new alternate jerseys suck, hope they only wear them on Latino night, El Thunder...

Richard at Remax
10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I like them a lot. They have retro feel to them, although I wish there was one more color. I wonder if there will be home whites as well. Plus maybe I like them, even though ive never been a fan of the team, because they look like Penn State home uniforms which I think is one of the best in college football.

Bellaboo
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Are you sure this isn't a spoof ? The name on the front is 'ThuDner'.......or is it just mis-spelled.?

jedicurt
10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
i noticed that too... i think this is not real... cause if NBA2K13 really misspelled the name of the team, someone would be getting fired for not catching that one.

EDIT:

Although there seems to be a lot of these images out there.... perhaps this is the legit jersey... still don't like them... i like the look, just not the color, i don't like the navy blue. And really weird that Thunder is misspelled

td25er
10-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Why do sports fans, especially football guys who like to consider themselves "manly", get their panties in a wad over uniforms? If I had a nickel for every time I hear a college football fan go on about Oregon or OSU's uniform combination.....

STOP BEING A NANCY. Geez, it's a uniform. If a uniform really takes away from or adds to your viewing experience THAT much, you have serious problems.

jedicurt
10-10-2012, 10:41 AM
i don't recall anyone on this board saying they weren't going to watch the game just because of these alternative jerseys... i just think that we have very elegant looking jerseys now, and i was hoping that an alternative jersey would live up to those standards.

MDot
10-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Why do sports fans, especially football guys who like to consider themselves "manly", get their panties in a wad over uniforms? If I had a nickel for every time I hear a college football fan go on about Oregon or OSU's uniform combination.....

STOP BEING A NANCY. Geez, it's a uniform. If a uniform really takes away from or adds to your viewing experience THAT much, you have serious problems.

I guess your problem is more so about your experience with people who like Oregon or OSU's uniforms more so than it is with anyone who has complained about the not even official yet alternate uniform for the Thunder?

Richard at Remax
10-10-2012, 12:13 PM
speaking of alternates, I really like the Barons alternates this year. i hope the link works

OKC Barons Open House | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.488759191147945.115100.122818934408641&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.488759191147945.115100.122818934408641&type=3)

td25er
10-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I guess your problem is more so about your experience with people who like Oregon or OSU's uniforms more so than it is with anyone who has complained about the not even official yet alternate uniform for the Thunder?

Like I alluded to previously, my problem is with the people who get their panties in a wad over uniforms. Those that incessantly complain about how ugly/boring/embarrassing/etc a uniform (or logo) is. And also those that get a "rise" out of a uniform they like. IT'S JUST A UNIFORM. Who f'ing cares?

OKCisOK4me
10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Calm down tder25, you know you can saying "freaking" on here right? ;-)

I think the uni is growing on me. If it is a jersey that says 'OKC' on the front then I will ultimately be happy, but these new THUDER unis remind me of a Georgetown Hoyas look and colors that I always liked.

Richard at Remax
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
another one for xmas?

OKC is wearing a Christmas jersey? And is this it? | Daily Thunder.com (http://www.dailythunder.com/2012/10/the-thunder-are-wearing-a-christmas-jersey-and-is-this-it/)

jedicurt
10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
another one for xmas?

OKC is wearing a Christmas jersey? And is this it? | Daily Thunder.com (http://www.dailythunder.com/2012/10/the-thunder-are-wearing-a-christmas-jersey-and-is-this-it/)

wow... i now like the navy blue retro look... plus i would totally by a Thudner Jersey!

MDot
10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Like I alluded to previously, my problem is with the people who get their panties in a wad over uniforms. Those that incessantly complain about how ugly/boring/embarrassing/etc a uniform (or logo) is. And also those that get a "rise" out of a uniform they like. IT'S JUST A UNIFORM. Who f'ing cares?

So you can't like or dislike a teams uniform, you can only like the team? That's an interesting perspective. LOL I happen to like the Thunder's home jersey, dislike their away jersey, the alternate jersey is starting to grow on me but I am also a huge fan of the team ALL at the same time; I guess I have serious problems. ;-) LOL

(I get what you're saying, I'm just having a little fun with it.)

MDot
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
another one for xmas?

I saw this earlier and think it's a cool idea.

dankrutka
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM

If you don't care then why are you posting about it so much? It's just something to talk about like any other aspect of sports...

BDP
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
i just think that we have very elegant looking jerseys now, and i was hoping that an alternative jersey would live up to those standards.

What's funny is that the reaction to the alternate jersey's mirrors the initial reaction to the current jerseys. I remember some pretty vial reactions initially.

At least these will appease those that freak out about orange.

MonkeesFan
10-10-2012, 06:39 PM
The Thunder have the worst alternate jerseys in the NBA, I do like the Christmas jerseys though, those are nice

MDot
10-10-2012, 07:53 PM
The Thunder have the worst alternate jerseys in the NBA, I do like the Christmas jerseys though, those are nice

Okay, this is a little bit on the dramatic side. I like the alternate's more than I do the Christmas Day one's but not by much.

jedicurt
10-11-2012, 10:20 AM

i think Altanta and Toronto have had worse, and much worse... especially the retro green and blue hawks jerseys.... and lets not forget that everytime Denver wears an alternate or retro jersey, it actually makes me like their current ones more

MDot
10-11-2012, 10:38 AM
i think Altanta and Toronto have had worse, and much worse... especially the retro green and blue hawks jerseys.... and lets not forget that everytime Denver wears an alternate or retro jersey, it actually makes me like their current ones more

Even the new Spurs alternate jersey is worse than this.

MonkeesFan
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I will have to check out the Hawks, Raptors, and Spurs alternate jerseys, I have not seen them

MonkeesFan
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Hawks, Raptors, and Spurs alternate jerseys are decent, Thunder alternate jerseys are still the worst in the NBA, sorry!

jedicurt
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
did you also look at the Denver Nugget jerseys?

Denver Nuggets new uniform alternate jersey, going old school skyline (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2012/10/01/photo-denver-nuggets-uniform/6980/)

MonkeesFan
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
did you also look at the Denver Nugget jerseys?

Denver Nuggets new uniform alternate jersey, going old school skyline (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2012/10/01/photo-denver-nuggets-uniform/6980/)

Ahh, my eyes! Okay, those are the worst in the NBA!

jn1780
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
What's the point of alternate jerseys? Pay respect to the old days a few times each year?

bluedogok
10-11-2012, 08:30 PM
What's the point of alternate jerseys? Pay respect to the old days a few times each year?
Merchandising....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEdWTk1l9o

jn1780
10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Merchandising....
]

Lol. Yes, of course.

MDot
10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Hawks, Raptors, and Spurs alternate jerseys are decent, Thunder alternate jerseys are still the worst in the NBA, sorry!

Woah, the Spurs alternate is NOT better than the Thunder's. LOL

MDot
10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Ahh, my eyes! Okay, those are the worst in the NBA!

Ahh, I get it, you're not a fan of the retro/old school look. Am I right?

ljbab728
10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
It seem like only yesterday that many people were talking about how terrible the current uniforms are. LOL

Lighten up people. It won't have any affect on how they play.

MonkeesFan
10-12-2012, 01:36 AM
It seem like only yesterday that many people were talking about how terrible the current uniforms are. LOL

Lighten up people. It won't have any affect on how they play.

Yes it does, look at the Miami Dolphins orange uniforms, every time the Dolphins wear them, the Dolphins win

MonkeesFan
10-12-2012, 01:39 AM

Yeah, you are right, not a fan of them, they are too dated

MDot
10-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah, you are right, not a fan of them, they are too dated

No problem with that, many people feel the same way about old school uniforms. Even I feel that way to an extent.

betts
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I couldn't get the picture copied, but if you look at nba.com/thunder and go through the scrolling pictures, under "Tonight Thunder at Jazz" there's a navy and white uni that doesn't look like the above drawings. I suspect it's a glimpse of the new unis.

betts
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM

I think we'd better get used to the retro/old school look. With the Nets new uniform as the leader, there's an indication that retro may be the new direction unis are going.

dcsooner
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Betts, I saw that as well and if they look like that I think I would like them

MDot
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I couldn't get the picture copied, but if you look at nba.com/thunder and go through the scrolling pictures, under "Tonight Thunder at Jazz" there's a navy and white uni that doesn't look like the above drawings. I suspect it's a glimpse of the new unis.

So it would be a home alternate if that's it?