View Full Version : Bird Control

Praedura
09-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Controlling the ravages of bird poop:

Bird Netting Installation in Downtown OKC Oklahoma City (http://oklahomacitybirdcontrol.com/bird-netting-installation-in-downtown-okc-oklahoma-city)

I hadn't thought much about it before, but yes, birds certainly can be a problem, at times, in urban areas.

Mel
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Back in the 90's we went to a Blazer game and I unwittingly parked under a tree downtown during a fall bird invasion. My Delta 88 was dark blue. It wasn't when I got back to it. 3 trips through the car wash and the smell still came through the vent. It can get really bad sometimes downtown.

Bkwildlifecntrl
09-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Downtown OKC has a severe problem with birds, and thank you for the compliments on our work. We do many installs excluding Birds and protecting property for our clients.

Our main Website is Backwoods Wildlife Control (http://backwoodswildlifecontrol.com)

We are the only Wildlife Control firm membered with the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber

PennyQuilts
09-29-2012, 12:39 PM
We've got the Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge right out by Wiley Post and that makes for a hazardous situation with the potential for birdstrikes. And back in July, the fire department was blasting the Purple Martins away from the Oklahoma City Memorial. Out at Wildcare (a nonprofit down in Noble that rehabilitates injured and orphaned animals) was pretty peeved because so many injured Martins were being brought to them. They weren't unhappy to get them, they were unhappy that they were injured in the first place. A clash of values.

Bunty
09-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Downtown OKC has a severe problem with birds, and thank you for the compliments on our work. We do many installs excluding Birds and protecting property for our clients.

Our main Website is Backwoods Wildlife Control (http://backwoodswildlifecontrol.com)

We are the only Wildlife Control firm membered with the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber

Years ago, Stillwater got rid of it downtown bird crap problem, which made national news, by getting rid of the trees. It was also wrong to line Main St. with Bradford pear trees, because they eventually grew so big, they blocked from view the store fronts.

PennyQuilts
09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
years ago, stillwater got rid of it downtown bird crap problem, which made national news, by getting rid of the trees. It was also wrong to line main st. With bradford pear trees, because they eventually grew so big, they blocked from view the store fronts.

omg!!

Bkwildlifecntrl
09-29-2012, 09:35 PM
With the money that was put into building the beautiful memorial I wish they would have looked into Bird exclusion and deterrents in the first place, that would have helped. I know wildcare.org very good people. My wife knows them much better she is responsible for Soar, Inc (SW OK Animal Rescue, Inc.)

Bkwildlifecntrl
09-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't think getting rid of trees etc is the 100% solutions. Look at the birds in downtown OKC. Yes we have beautiful trees, but what I have scene conducting Bird Control is the Birds are actually nesting on the rooftops etc. Utilizing the building Hvacs for protection.

kevinpate
09-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Where I grew up, they used to have an annual pigeon reduction event around our small downtown area. Birdshot was involved, sometimes to excess.

Bkwildlifecntrl
10-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Where I grew up, they used to have an annual pigeon reduction event around our small downtown area. Birdshot was involved, sometimes to excess.

Lol could you imagine that in Downtown OKC or at our latest Spike and Track install location, right off I-35 in Norman.:cool:

Larry OKC
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Dang. I thought this thread was about one of the presidential candidates plans to take an axe to Big Bird