View Full Version : Hotel News In Providence, Rhode Island

HOT ROD
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
looks like another city is experiencing a renaissance. their model focuses on HOTEL development! OKC needs to take a look and follow Providence RI more closely.

===============================

Fri May 20, 2005
Hotel News In Providence, Rhode Island

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Providence is continuing its growth throughout the next two years in an effort to meet the high demands of its booming tourism industry. Capitalizing on its booming tourism industry and flourishing arts community, the city of Providence is experiencing a second wave of urban revitalization. Following an initial phase of development in the late 80s and early 90s, Providence garnered recognition as a mecca for the arts and as a leading destination in New England, prompting the continued progress. Now the city is enjoying its second wave of expansion, developing and renovating several hotels scheduled for completion by the end of 2006, including Dolce Villa, The Hotel Providence, Westin Providence Hotel and Renaissance Providence Hotel.

Dolce Villa, the luxury hotel on DePasquale Plaza in Providence's Historic Federal Hill, recently opened as the only boutique hotel on the Providence skyline. The Old World exterior of the lemon-yellow, three-story hotel with its Mediterranean-style architecture includes balconies that overlook the busy plaza, similar to the beautiful hillside hotels in Positano, Italy. The ultramodern hotel boasts a completely white-on-white color scheme throughout the 14-suite property. At the rear of the hotel property, in a separate building, is Villa Toscana, which features private courtyards, romantic balconies and a two-floor suite that includes two mosaic-tiled bathrooms, a sunken tub, living room and fireplace and a commercial kitchen/dining room.

The Hotel Providence, a European-style small luxury hotel in the heart of Providence's burgeoning Downcity Arts and Entertainment district, opened in February 2005. The hotel, which reflects a relaxed sophistication, features 80 elegantly appointed guest rooms and 19 suites. The Hotel Providence was originally two buildings, once of which served as Westminster Hotel in 1892. Much of the historical detail, including a grand staircase, cast-iron columns and coffered ceiling in the ballroom, has been restored. L'Epicurio, its signature restaurant and a local landmark with national reputation, has relocated to the hotel. The Hotel Providence is the first hotel in Providence to be honored with membership to the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.

Recently, plans were finalized for the construction of a second tower for the Westin Providence Hotel, which currently includes 374 rooms but will add another 200 throughout the development. The Westin Providence Hotel is connected to the Rhode Island Convention Center and the Providence Place Mall. It consists of a glass-domed rotunda, red brick tower and stately décor, reflecting the region's rich historic heritage.

Lastly, the Renaissance Providence Hotel, a proposed four-star luxury hotel, is scheduled to open in late summer of 2006. The hotel, which was a former Masonic Temple partially built by the Scottish Ride Free Masons in the 1920s, will be renovated to feature 274 guest-rooms and a ground-floor destination restaurant lounge.

The Hotel Providence and Westin Providence Hotel are currently offering Summer Getaway Packages, beginning at $205 per night, including:

- Choice of a one- or two-night accommodations
- Breakfast for two or dining voucher at the property (each day)
- Admission for two people into two participating area attractions
- A complimentary gift containing a Providence coffee mug and a package of delicious Rhode Island-made biscotti
- Dining and shopping discounts at participating restaurants and shops
- Two one-day passes for the RIPTA trolley
- Discount on a carriage ride through Providence

Copyright © 2005 by North America News All rights reserved worldwide

www.goprovidence.com

Sooner&RiceGrad
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I have a recent dislike for a certain person in Providence, RI named "spiderturd."

HOT ROD
06-06-2005, 02:36 PM
ya, i did not consider that a certain moron (excuse me) is living in Providence. The article was posted about renaissance focusing on hotels so I thought we could "learn" a few things from it.

But yeah, if you look at their site, OKC has Providence beat HANDS DOWN!!! I dont know what Spiderturd's deal is???

Karried
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Ha,ha, when I saw Rhode Island I also cringed due to the above mentioned spiderturd - (which, by the way after reading all of his hatred spewing posts) I have determined that a spider turd aptly describes the size of his brain.

I almost wish it wasn't deleted so quickly so you all could understand how deep seated his hatred of OK is - I hope more people will post something positive at tripadvisor.com ( search Oklahoma and look for the relocation post that has 55 replies) I think it is a wonderful thing if the residents of our state offer some positive input - most people don't know the first thing about OK and they need to see that there are some educated people residing here that actually like OK!

HOT ROD
06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
ya, I too was amazed and impressed with the support for Oklahoma City given by its citizens. Would this happen 10 years ago, probably not.

But it is nice to see ya'all stand up for OKC, just like people from Tulsa, Omaha, KC, everywhere else - do for their town. Im glad there is pride in and about OKC, now - lets move on to the next level and really show everyone what OKC has to offer.

Sooner&RiceGrad
06-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Then he said like "children rolling around in the mud and empty beer cans and people with toilets on their front porch" so I think it was evident he was fibbing.