View Full Version : SmarterTravel.com features OKC for Weekend Escape.

HKG_Flyer1
06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I subscribe to a weekly travel alert service put out by one of the best travel information service provides, SmarterTravel.com and I was somewhat startled to see my Texas Weekend Escape feature for this weekend pop-up featuring Oklahoma City. This has never happened before... usually, it's someplace like Cancun, San Antonio, etc.

When I clicked on the link, I was even more pleased to find two Oklahoma City packages featured right at the top of the list.

"Cowboys, horses, and more in Oklahoma City from $135/night--- Last updated: 06/02/05 at 2:14 pm ET

The Oklahoma City Marriott offers an Adventure District package from $135 per night, not including taxes. The city is known for its western heritage, particularly its ranches, horse racing, and cowboy culture. However, a wealth of interests are well represented here: Science aficionados will want to visit the zoo, botanical gardens, or Omniplex; music and theater lovers can attend a play or a music festival; and aspiring chefs can check the wares at local markets and farms.

The package

The Adventure District package includes:

Accommodations
Two tickets to your choice of the following attractions: National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, National Softball Hall of Fame, Oklahoma City Zoo, Oklahoma Firefighters Museum, Omniplex, Remington Park, or Tinseltown USA.

About Oklahoma City

Cowboys, Native Americans, horses, and history—all can be found in Oklahoma City. Head to Bricktown for great shopping, restaurants, and live entertainment. See Native American history first hand at an area museum. Or, enjoy a night at the ballet or opera. Visit the Oklahoma City CVB for information on upcoming events, including horse races, live theater, new art exhibits, and much more.

A romantic weekend in Oklahoma City from $169/night--- Last updated: 06/02/05 at 2:13 pm ET

The Red Stone Inn in Oklahoma City offers a romance package from $169 per night, not including taxes. The inn is set on more than seven acres, so you can choose to have a secluded countryside getaway, or add romance in the city to your weekend escape.

The package

The She Loves Me, She Loves Me package is available for $80 added to your room rate. It includes:

Robes and luxury bath salts
One dozen red roses
Chocolate-covered strawberries
Complimentary bottle of champagne
Breakfast served in your room
We spoke with an inn representative and were quoted rates ranging from $89 to $179 per night for stays in June. The package rate with the lowest-cost room will be $169. Rates are subject to change; call for updated prices for your weekend getaway.

The Red Stone Inn is a historic property built in the 1920s. All rooms have private baths and are furnished with antiques; some rooms have city skyline views. You'll also be within close proximity of shopping, the zoo, the Cowboy and Heritage Museum, and other local attractions."

I think it's great that Oklahoma City is now being promoted as a credible weekend getaway destination. I know people from Dallas who talk about coming up as "something different to do."

BDP
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Has anyone been to the Red Stone Inn? It looks nice.

Karried
06-06-2005, 06:34 PM
That's wonderful news - thanks for sharing..I'll have to check out the Red Stone Inn, sounds fun.

Karried
06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Looks great, anyone been here?

http://www.bbonline.com/ok/redstone/