View Full Version : ESPN says OKC franchise is best!

dmoor82
09-07-2012, 07:05 PM
This franchise,this team has just taken over this city and State!http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=oklahoma city&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQqQIoADAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fespn%2Fstory%2F_%2F id%2F8339695%2Foklahoma-city-thunder-ranked-best-franchise-sports-ultimate-standings-espn-magazine&ei=2phKUNLpIKOC2AXss4HwBA&usg=AFQjCNFDHCktfCPDuPeUN41n58lOWyqDUQ

MonkeesFan
09-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Heat should be #1 since they won the championship

Thunder should be #2

That is just my opinion

dmoor82
09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I respect anyone's opinion,but IMO I think this article is more about the fans rather than championships!I seem to remember alot of the national telecasters saying there is NO comparison between OKC and MIA on gameday!Here,in OKC fans show up very early and are known to be the NBA's loudest!

MonkeesFan
09-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I respect anyone's opinion,but IMO I think this article is more about the fans rather than championships!I seem to remember alot of the national telecasters saying there is NO comparison between OKC and MIA on gameday!Here,in OKC fans show up very early and are known to be the NBA's loudest!

Ahh, yeah, I do agree that they have the loudest fans in the NBA

zookeeper
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Ahh, yeah, I do agree that they have the loudest fans in the NBA

If you read the article they tell you the criteria they used and how this isn't just the NBA, they are the #1 franchise in all of professional sports.

MonkeesFan
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I have to disagree with that

venture
09-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I have to disagree with that

Did you bother to even read the criteria?

MonkeesFan
09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Did you bother to even read the criteria?

Yeah I read it and I disagree with it

Bellaboo
09-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Heat should be #1 since they won the championship

Thunder should be #2

That is just my opinion

The championship only gets you so many points - they use 8 different sets of criteria. The Heat were not the best in the others.

See below -

Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.

Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.

Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.

Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.

Stadium Experience (STX): Quality of arena and game-day promotions as well as friendliness of environment.

Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.

Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.

All eight factors have to be considered, no cherry picking allowed.

Laramie
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Oklahoma City Thunder are to be congratulated for another first among organizations in the major league sports environment.

dankrutka
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah I read it and I disagree with it

Lol. What would be your criteria (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table) to determine the best pro franchise from a fan's perspective? There categories are pretty well thought out, and heavily researched. Of course, there's a lot of subjectivity and error to any type of ranking like this, but if you're going to disagree then you could at least explain why and provide some other ideas...

Bellaboo
09-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Lol. What would be your criteria (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table) to determine the best pro franchise from a fan's perspective? There categories are pretty well thought out, and heavily researched. Of course, there's a lot of subjectivity and error to any type of ranking like this, but if you're going to disagree then you could at least explain why and provide some other ideas...

MonkeesFan is probably just a kid...................

venture
09-10-2012, 08:08 AM
MonkeesFan is probably just a kid...................

Or just a typical run of the mill troll trying to get people worked up.

Spartan
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Obviously the Monkees are the best franchise.

Bellaboo
09-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Obviously the Monkees are the best franchise.

He says he's an Orlando Magic fan, so I figured Orlando = Disneyland = 12 years old.

venture
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
He says he's an Orlando Magic fan, so I figured Orlando = Disneyland = 12 years old.

I like Disney World and I'm not 12. :( lol

Bellaboo
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I like Disney World and I'm not 12. :( lol

I like it too, and I'm almost 60......but I feel and look much younger....lol

MonkeesFan
09-10-2012, 12:35 PM

I dunno, I just disagree with it, that is all

MonkeesFan
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Hahaha, very funny, I am 31, about to be 32 in 2 weeks and I never been to DisneyWorld but I want to...

betts
09-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Another excellent example of the "no amount of money could buy this" type of publicity Oklahoma City gets as a result of the Thunder. This is another of of the intangible benefits of having a professional team. Considering the number of professional sports franchises and the size of our city, being named #1 is pretty amazing. And, without MAPS1 and ArenaMAPS, the only mention we would get in the magazine and on ESPN in general would be for our college football teams, which are currently good but not great.

Laramie
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
ESPN's report says alot about our Oklahoma City Thunder franchise; let's face it, this report is not going to please everybody. Any team among the top ten in the ESPN report could have landed the No. 1 spot; so the naysayers are entitled to their opinion--isn't that what is great about this country.