View Full Version : Emsa

ljbab728
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't know what kind of experience others here have had with EMSA but I have to really compliment them. I had an emergency today with my 88 year old mother and called them for assistance. The responders were absolutely professional, friendly, curtious, and knowledgeable. Thanks for your help.

zookeeper
09-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't know what kind of experience others here have had with EMSA but I have to really compliment them. I had an emergency today with my 88 year old mother and called them for assistance. The responders were absolutely professional, friendly, curtious, and knowledgeable. Thanks for your help.

I wanted to just say that I hope your mother is ok. My one experience with EMSA was also very positive. The Fire Dept. showed up first and they were also very professional. It's always comforting to see competent people in important jobs.

ljbab728
09-06-2012, 11:33 PM
My mother is in the hospital and doing well. After evaluating her and determining that it wasn't a life threatening situation, they assisted me in getting her into my car to take her and pointed out that it would avoid any kind of EMSA fee.

OKCisOK4me
09-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Where I live, the HOA opted out of EMSA so I hope for properties like the one I live at that the fire department is there first and foremost.

Roadhawg
09-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm glad your mother is doing well and thankfully I haven't need EMSA's services but it's good to know they are good and professional.

bucktalk
09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
The thing that makes me really take issue with EMSA is the VERY low pay they provide most their workers. For the service they provide in very, very dangerous situations from car wrecks to gang shooting - their pay is pathetic. I have a friend who has work for EMSA for almost ten years. His pay? $13.00 an hour. That's just wrong for the service provided!

RadicalModerate
09-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I echo the support and appreciation for EMSA personnel.
Here is the text of an email I sent to their offices several years ago.

Dear Ms. McNeil:

I'm reasonably confident that you were somewhat surprised at the content of the telephone call I made to your office Wednesday morning. You implied during the course of that conversation that the public relations/complaint department doesn't' receive too many "kudos" to pass along to fellow team members.

Perhaps your observation of how people react and respond to events and circumstances has something to do with the old saying: "If you do something right, no one remembers. If you do something wrong . . . No one forgets."

At any rate . . .
I personally witnessed one of your Ambulance Crews acting professionally and responsibly in the context of a significant "fender bender" involving a VW and SUV at the intersection of Western and 150th St. at about 6:30 to 6:45 PM, Tuesday Evening, May 23.

Please bear in mind that this was in far NW OKC (an area not noted for "courteous" driving) on a very hot afternoon toward the "rushiest" part of rush hour.

What I observed was an EMSA ambulance positioned to attend to a crash scene prior to the arrival of any "official" law enforcement personnel (Oklahoma City, Edmond or County Sheriff). One of the crewmembers, was directing traffic under the blazing sun, keeping the flow moving as smoothly as possible, while the other presumably was checking out the people involved in the accident.

What I saw was initiative and concern that went well beyond sitting in the shade somewhere with the air conditioner on, waiting for an "official" call to respond to the scene. I highly commend this crew for their "First Response" actions that day.

All The Best Always.
God Bless YOU Today.

Sincerely,
---------

BTW: $13.00 an hour for the services provided doesn't seem adequate or fair at all.

tlltnkr47
09-09-2012, 11:04 PM
The thing that makes me really take issue with EMSA is the VERY low pay they provide most their workers. For the service they provide in very, very dangerous situations from car wrecks to gang shooting - their pay is pathetic. I have a friend who has work for EMSA for almost ten years. His pay? $13.00 an hour. That's just wrong for the service provided!

Do you know that they charge $9 a mile in transport fees in addition to their standard service charge? Unless i have a gunshot wound, the next time I go to the hospital will be in a cab!

Ginkasa
09-10-2012, 12:04 AM
If you can go in a cab than you probably shouldn't be taking an ambulance anyway.