View Full Version : Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

BBatesokc
09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Oklahoman..... http://newsok.com/teen-who-robbed-jerome-erslands-pharmacy-no-longer-in-custody/article/3706705

BBatesokc
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Can't believe he thinks Ersland should have received a harsher penalty and that his three years was too severe!

Achilleslastand
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
"I want to help people that's locked up.”

“I just do me.”

“I am going to leave Oklahoma, whenever I get my money up,"

Where do i donate money so he can get outta dodge?

BBatesokc
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I completely understand that some will not like my stance at all (that's fine, lets not let it degrade beyond that) but I'd like to know what restaurant hired this delinquent - for no other reason than to not eat there and to let them know why I will never patronize them.

BlackmoreRulz
09-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Odds that he'll be back in custody in less than two years?

boscorama
09-04-2012, 07:39 PM
How appalling that the little hoodlum is free while Jerome will never be!

kevinpate
09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
kid got a break. Not uncommon. Up to him whether he makes something of himself or whizzes his second chance away. Hopefully it'll be the former and not the latter, but I'll concede I have better uses for my money than to lay odds either way.

Achilleslastand
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
What sentence did the masterminds of the robbery get?

kevinpate
09-04-2012, 08:15 PM
What sentence did the masterminds of the robbery get?

One got life and one got life plus some more if memory serves. Something close to that anyway.

Roadhawg
09-05-2012, 07:31 AM
If he goes to school my first suggestion is an English Comp. class. As for the odds he'll get in trouble again I would say pretty high because he got off easy on his first trip.

Midtowner
09-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Can't believe he thinks Ersland should have received a harsher penalty and that his three years was too severe!

Have you ever met a convict before?

HewenttoJared
09-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Odds that he'll be back in custody in less than two years?

If those quotes reflect his normal attitude the odds are very high.

BBatesokc
09-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Have you ever met a convict before?

All the time. Work side-by-side with some rehabilitating the new No Boundaries Hope House and none of them blame anyone else but themselves for their situation - which is often the difference between someone who can successfully reintegrate into society and re-offenders.

I also notice that his defense attorney learned nothing from Box's mistake of letting Ersland talk to the media.

Midtowner
09-05-2012, 08:29 AM
All the time. Work side-by-side with some rehabilitating the new No Boundaries Hope House and none of them blame anyone else but themselves for their situation - which is often the difference between someone who can successfully reintegrate into society and re-offenders.

I also notice that his defense attorney learned nothing from Box's mistake of letting Ersland talk to the media.

I've only had my client talk to the media once. Made a full confession on channel 4 because he thought he did nothing wrong. He then proceeded to hire me afterwards. Never ever ever let your clients talk to the media. The fact is that lawyers don't tend to have experience in P.R. or have a clue about how the media works with respect to the courts, or they just don't care because they want free publicity.

Ingram's a little bit of a different case because his criminal exposure is pretty limited right now. That said, going on TV and showing contempt for the system as he did sure isn't going to help his chances on a plea if he screws up again.

kevinpate
09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
the typical defendant needs access to a reporter like JTF needs to ride a bike on a 10 lane interstate. Sure, it can happen, but it just ain't likely to end well.

(same is true for most counsel, and most recognize it. Just my opinion.)

RadicalModerate
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Maybe the state could employ the lad as a speed bump to enforce the new laws about merging as you approach construction zones on Interstates?
(a sort of sociological experiment in re-defining the phrase "where the rubber meets the road"?)

Just the facts
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
the typical defendant needs access to a reporter like JTF needs to ride a bike on a 10 lane interstate. Sure, it can happen, but it just ain't likely to end well.

(same is true for most counsel, and most recognize it. Just my opinion.)

lol

Swake2
09-07-2012, 11:46 AM
The kid has an IQ of 72. He's learning disabled and just barely above the line of being considered incompetent. The street is no place for him and sadly education would only be of limited value. If he doesn't get some real and permanent social services and doesn't get away from the 'hood there is no good outcome here. He's going to commit more crimes and it's really likely that he's going to kill or be killed. In 8th grade, think on that, 8th grade! he was already committing armed robbery.

Roadhawg
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM
The kid has an IQ of 72. He's learning disabled and just barely above the line of being considered incompetent. The street is no place for him and sadly education would only be of limited value. If he doesn't get some real and permanent social services and doesn't get away from the 'hood there is no good outcome here. He's going to commit more crimes and it's really likely that he's going to kill or be killed. In 8th grade, think on that, 8th grade! he was already committing armed robbery.

I agree and didn't realize his IQ was that low. Social living skills is a must and learning a trade would be a great benefit to this young man.

Jzcakeok
09-17-2012, 03:28 PM

Yes like it's difficult 2 imagine officials' compulsion to "find the reason" that ppl do bad things. There isn't anyone who'd b exempt. This case stinks to high heaven. Who cares abt the victims? I do. & I'm not talking abt the scum would-be robbers. I'm talking abt the employees. If Mr Ersland hadn't protected them, not only would their plight have been more horrific, the public would have been subject to the drugs in that pharmacy being nondescriptly passed out to the highest bidder. And yes please do tell where his kid works. He who doesn't even think abt the crime anymore.

Midtowner
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Yes like it's difficult 2 imagine officials' compulsion to "find the reason" that ppl do bad things. There isn't anyone who'd b exempt. This case stinks to high heaven. Who cares abt the victims? I do. & I'm not talking abt the scum would-be robbers. I'm talking abt the employees. If Mr Ersland hadn't protected them, not only would their plight have been more horrific, the public would have been subject to the drugs in that pharmacy being nondescriptly passed out to the highest bidder. And yes please do tell where his kid works. He who doesn't even think abt the crime anymore.

Not this line of crap again...

Okay.. Ersland fires one shot, he's a hero. Fine. Then you'd be right. That's not what happened though.

He left the store, fired some wild shots at a fleeing suspect which could have injured an innocent bystander, then returns to the store, and instead of walking around the counter to avoid the motionless would-be robber he'd already shot in the head, he steps over him, turning his back to this "threat" twice. Once for an extended period of time while he retrieved the second weapon. Instead of firing from behind cover at this threat, Ersland, who is physically disabled, walks up close enough to where a conscious person could have tried to wrestle the weapon away from him, and squeezes off five more rounds.

The law condones self defense. It does not condone revenge executions.

The first shot did protect Ersland and his employees. The last five did nothing of the sort.

Achilleslastand
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
One less probable career criminal and repeat offender is off the streets for good.
Thats a plus in my book..............

Midtowner
09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a hard time seeing a 14 year old being murdered as a plus.

Bellaboo
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I have a hard time seeing a 14 year old being murdered as a plus.

Guess he should have stayed home and watched cartoons.

FFLady
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
BlackmoreRulz called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police Arrest Teen Convicted Of Murder After Robbing Pharmacy - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/19584380/police-arrest-teen-convicted-of-murder-after-robbing-jerome-erslands-pharmacy)

Roadhawg
09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
BlackmoreRulz called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police Arrest Teen Convicted Of Murder After Robbing Pharmacy - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/19584380/police-arrest-teen-convicted-of-murder-after-robbing-jerome-erslands-pharmacy)

Some never learn, especially after getting one hell of a break.

BBatesokc
09-19-2012, 10:23 AM
He didn't make it to his 5-month point. Wonder if that means he will get revoked?

Achilleslastand
09-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Waiting for the "he just grew up in a bad enviorment excuse" in...

Midtowner
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
He didn't make it to his 5-month point. Wonder if that means he will get revoked?

He's already being held in jail pending a hearing on October 23rd before Judge Kirby. Robert Johnson appears to be representing him. I wouldn't trade places with the kid, I'll tell ya that.

Pete
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
On Sept. 12, police were called to the 3500 block of S Pennsylvania Avenue where Ingram's mother said he had gotten into a fight with his brother over girls. Ingram then stomped out the back and front windshields of her car and stomped on the roof and hood.

Ingram could face up to life in prison for a probation violation, said Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater. Prater said he will ask a judge to order Ingram to go to an adult prison.

Read more: Pharmacy store robber is arrested again in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/pharmacy-store-robber-is-arrested-again-in-oklahoma-city/article/3711148#ixzz26w7SXGbN)

td25er
09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Ersland is fully to blame...for not getting both of the punks. Seriously.

Dubya61
09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
You know what? Rather than rehash this whole debate, search for related threads and see if what you want to say has already been said. If you find that you were more clever than all the rest, by all means, then, post what you want to say. Otherwise, enjoy reading it all again.

BBatesokc
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Read more: Pharmacy store robber is arrested again in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/pharmacy-store-robber-is-arrested-again-in-oklahoma-city/article/3711148#ixzz26w7SXGbN)

Interesting diference in the quote you posted and the one now on NewsOK. It now reads, "Prater said he may ask a judge to order Ingram to go to an adult prison."

Jzcakeok
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM

I seriously cant believe the arrogance of these people. And i mean those people.

Roadhawg
10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I seriously cant believe the arrogance of these people. And i mean those people.

Which people are 'those people'?

FFLady
05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Convicted Teen Robber Jevontai Ingram may Move to Adult Facility

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The teenage robber who pointed a gun at Jerome Ersland could soon be going to jail for the crime. Ersland, a pharmacist, fatally shot Antwun Parker during that failed robbery of Reliable Pharmacy. The first robber, Jevontai Ingram fled the scene and was later arrested.

Prosecutors originally agreed to a deal that allowed Ingram to be tried as a juvenile and after he served a short time in a juvenile facility and was then released. He had been living with an aunt in Dallas, Texas, but prosecutors said he has not kept in touch with juvenile authorities in Oklahoma.

Ingram failed to appear at a court hearing that was a review of his juvenile conviction. Prosecutors are now working to bridge him into the adult system.

The move would mean Ingram could potentially face life in prison for his role in the robbery that left his friend dead.

Ingram pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit a robbery with a firearm in January of 2010. He was a key witness in the murder trials of Emanuel Mitchell and Anthony Morrison, the two men prosecutors say planned the robbery and provided the gun Ingram used.

Moving Ingram to the adult system will require a hearing before an Oklahoma County judge. If the judge approves the move he will determine the sentence.

Police arrested Ingram last year after his mother told investigators he damaged her car. That case was eventually dropped.

ljbab728
05-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks for posting the information but do you have a source for the story? It appears to be a cut and paste and most posters give credit to their source in some way when they do that.

jn1780
05-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Apparently, he's not fixable if he's that stupid. His younger age was a get out of jail free card and he blew it.

Hawk405359
05-09-2013, 09:42 PM
News OK has a story about it. Judge orders arrest of convicted murderer in Jerome Ersland case | News OK (http://newsok.com/judge-orders-arrest-of-convicted-murderer-in-jerome-ersland-case/article/3808112)

His attorney is saying that Ingram didn't know it was a hearing he needed to show up to.

Achilleslastand
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Sounds like the best place for this guy is the pokey....

BBatesokc
05-10-2013, 04:58 AM
The media always plays up the worst case scenario even when they know good-and-well it will never happen. Hundreds of warrants are issued every day in state and city court. He'll make his claim that he was unaware and assumed whomever his 'handler' is right now would tell him, blah, blah, blah...... He'll get a tongue lashing and probably sent on his way, maybe a few days in jail but nothing like this life sentence they keep talking about.

I'm still always shocked they the state plays up the 'If you're a felon and pack'n you're going back-in.' Can't tell you the number of times previously convicted felons caught with guns get nothing but probation.

GoOKC1991
12-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Teen Involved In Reliable Pharmacy Robbery Shot, Arrested - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/24252034/teen-involved-in-reliable-pharmacy-robbery-shot-hospitalized)

kevinpate
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Gotta love the comments at DOK. Thus far, not one word that this person was anything other than the victim of a shooting the other night and the commenting folk by and large want to lock him up and throw away the key.

Perhaps an investigation will reveal he started something. Perhaps not. Might be nice to know before a cell door gets slammed shut.

On edit: just to clarify, I have no issue at all that he was booked back into jail on failure to pay fines and costs, apparently from the pharmacy based case. He and his attorney can work out a new payment plan or he can do some time for squandering the opportunity to live in society and make the payments.

Some folk struggle hard to do the best they can with fines and costs, and some folk, well, they just get all stupid about it. Not going to guess at which one this chap might be.

Midtowner
12-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Some folk struggle hard to do the best they can with fines and costs, and some folk, well, they just get all stupid about it. Not going to guess at which one this chap might be.

It is certainly one of those rare situations where 'tis better to ask for permission than forgiveness.

Just the facts
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
He was arrested in the hospital after being shot in the head.

Midtowner
12-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Rough day.

Just the facts
12-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

MustangGT
12-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Hopefully some other banger will exterminate this subhuman POS so the taxpayers are not burdened with his incarceration.

Achilleslastand
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Waiting for the "cycle of poverty" excuse in........3,2,1.

ljbab728
12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Waiting for the "cycle of poverty" excuse in........3,2,1.

Are you still waiting? LOL