View Full Version : Windows 7 question

Roadhawg
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Not sure why but my laptop quit seeing my DVD drive. I checked the device manager and it shows but has the yellow warning sign and when I click on it it says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)" I did the driver update and it said it's the correct version. Any ideas or suggestions.

Just the facts
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I had a similar error a long time ago. Some how a registry value got changed. All I had to do was run editreg a put the value back. The trick is now which value to change and what it should be chnaged to. What kind of computer is it?

Achilleslastand
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Try this............

•Click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
•Upon loading Device Manager, locate the hardware component with the "Yellow Exclamation Mark" icon by it
•Right-click this device and then press "Uninstall"
•This will remove the hardware from Windows
•Momentarily, your PC will say it has found new hardware - let it install any new drivers it needs to run this hardware
•This should resolve most cases of the 37 error code

Also did windows do a update before this happened? If so you might try system restore to a date before the update.
Good luck!

Roadhawg
09-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I had a similar error a long time ago. Some how a registry value got changed. All I had to do was run editreg a put the value back. The trick is now which value to change and what it should be chnaged to. What kind of computer is it?

Toshiba laptop

Roadhawg
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Try this............

•Click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
•Upon loading Device Manager, locate the hardware component with the "Yellow Exclamation Mark" icon by it
•Right-click this device and then press "Uninstall"
•This will remove the hardware from Windows
•Momentarily, your PC will say it has found new hardware - let it install any new drivers it needs to run this hardware
•This should resolve most cases of the 37 error code

Also did windows do a update before this happened? If so you might try system restore to a date before the update.
Good luck!

Tried that and it said failed to install properly :mad:

Roadhawg
09-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Solved the problem. I have Wise registry cleaner and Wise dick cleaner in stalled. I did a restore on both of them and it re-appeared :)

Just the facts
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad you got it back Roadhawg - the laptop I had the same problem with was also a Toshiba.

Achilleslastand
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Solved the problem. I have Wise registry cleaner and Wise dick cleaner in stalled. I did a restore on both of them and it re-appeared :)

Might wanna do a spell check on the above line lol.

Anyways i use Wise disk and registry cleaner as well as Ccleaner and can vouch for their effectiveness.

Roadhawg
09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Might wanna do a spell check on the above line lol.

Anyways i use Wise disk and registry cleaner as well as Ccleaner and can vouch for their effectiveness.

Guess my spell checker isn't restored yet lol.... I'll loan it to you after I get it going :wink: Thanks for the suggestions !!