View Full Version : Race The Reaper (Sparks, OK)

BBatesokc
08-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Anyone else going to this event Sat/Sun?

http://www.racethereaper.org/indexOK4.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0aHyNm_BFM

The wife and I and several friends will be in the 11am heat. If you've never done a mud run, I highly recommend them. Glad to see Oklahoma has attracted several over the last couple of years.

Prunepicker
08-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Somebody I worked with this week has a son that will participate in this
insanity. I won't be there.

Achilleslastand
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Looks like a good challenge......be sure and stay hydrated.

metro
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Or support OKC-based Dirty 30, who made it their mission 2 years ago to bring OKC it's first, and at the time only mud run. Www.dirty30race.com they're doing a "Zombie Edition" next month.

BBatesokc
09-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Better yet, do them all! I've done the dirty 30 and its on par with a Warrior dash in difficulty and distance (as in pretty short and easy), but not as smoothly ran. Wish I could make the Zombie run, but we will be in Austin doing the Tough Mudder.

The Race the Reaper was really great in terms of the location, grounds, course, checkin, showers and overall obstacles.

The only down side - and it was a biggie - was the lack of water. It was about 103 degrees and the first water stop was almost halfway into the 6 mile run and they were out of water and had been requesting more for an hour. The second stop didn't have water either. The 3rd and 4th stops had water, but no cups. We were well hydrated and trained for the event so we were okay, but others were not. Some had to stop due to a lack of water. This was a huge safety and liability concern.

I hear they overcame this on Sunday and had an abundance of water everywhere.

Other than that, it was probably the best and most challenging obstacle course we've (wife and I) have ever done. I highly recommend it for those who have done 5K obstacle races and haven't found them challenging enough.

2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566

BradR
09-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Looks like fun...if only I was in the same shape I was 10 years ago.