View Full Version : George's Happy Hog

Midtowner
08-29-2012, 01:16 PM
George's Happy Hog will be reopening next Tuesday.

It'll be featuring basically the same menu with a few new twists by the new owners. I'm told the cobbler will be a featured item on the menu. I missed this place after George died. It'll definitely be back in my rotation.

LakeEffect
08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Is this the place on Culbertson?

Midtowner
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Yep.

Our firm drew up the contract for sale and I'll be handling the closing. The client authorized me to blab about it, so I'm doing that.

GaryOKC6
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Yep.

Our firm drew up the contract for sale and I'll be handling the closing. The client authorized me to blab about it, so I'm doing that.

I am glad that they have new owners. I eat there at least once a month ans was not a big fan of the owner. Lets just say he needed a new attitude. The food was good thoough and that kept me coming back.

kevinpate
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Well, since you be authorized for blabbing, blab some more if ya please. Never heard of it, or did and done forgot. Happens to me sometimes. But, with a name like Happy Hog I think I oughta try and learn more about it.

Midtowner
08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
712 N. Culbertson. From Lincoln, you turn east onto (I think) 17th. It's in there somewhere.

Wait 'til sometime next week when the new owners get in there.

boscorama
08-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Kevinpate, George's Happy Hog has been discussed in the restaurant section, probably under bbq. I know this, as having written about their excellent beans.

soonerguru
08-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Loved that place. Sad to find out that George died. He explained to me once how to make ribs that "don't make you burp." His ribs were as good as any I've had anywhere.

Not to be neg, here, but I'm always skeptical when "new owner" take over a legendary BBQ joint. Hopefully this one bends the curve.

LakeEffect
08-30-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm happy because we just bought a house on 16th between Lincoln and Lindsey, so walking to dinner will be great. The neighborhood is close to everything but close to nothing (save Happy Hog and the other place next door)...

GaryOKC6
08-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Yep.

Who are the "new" owners? I ate there in July and noticed that there were new people in there running things. The food as as good as always. Are they the new owners?

Midtowner
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
The new owners haven't officially taken over just yet. Funny enough, I haven't asked whether they're actually running things right now. I don't think so. Soon though. A few additions to the menu will be made.

GaryOKC6
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
The new owners haven't officially taken over just yet. Funny enough, I haven't asked whether they're actually running things right now. I don't think so. Soon though. A few additions to the menu will be made.

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to having lunch there next week.

Midtowner
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
We're closing tomorrow afternoon on the sale. My clients will be in control on Tuesday, so assuming they're ready to hit the ground running (and I believe that's the case), you'll see me up there on Tuesday for some BBQ.