View Full Version : NewsOK Lite???

Larry OKC
08-29-2012, 09:23 AM
The regular Oklahoman site has been replaced with something called NewsOK Lite???

Previous bookmarks are taking me to this now...no graphics and looks VERY different

http://lite.newsok.com/

Pete
08-29-2012, 09:28 AM
From that site:

NewsOK is experiencing technical difficulties and will return to a full service site momentarily.

kevinpate
08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
technical difficulties ... better than the first thought I had*

zookeeper
08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Did anybody here get in on the one day special the Oklahoman had last week? It was August 23rd and they offered the Wednesday and Sunday and all holiday papers delivered to your door, complete access to the Oklahoman Replica, the iPad app, total digital access everyday for only $69.00 a year! I was excited about it and put it on my iphone to remind me to signup when that one day deal rolled around. I set it, in error, for the 28th instead of the 23rd and missed it!!!!

BBatesokc
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Did anybody here get in on the one day special the Oklahoman had last week? It was August 23rd and they offered the Wednesday and Sunday and all holiday papers delivered to your door, complete access to the Oklahoman Replica, the iPad app, total digital access everyday for only $69.00 a year! I was excited about it and put it on my iphone to remind me to signup when that one day deal rolled around. I set it, in error, for the 28th instead of the 23rd and missed it!!!!

I get the physical paper on Wed, Fri, Sat and Sunday with full access to the online print replication and archives for only $20 year. I signed up a few years ago for it. I figured it was a one time deal, but every year they send me a renewal form for the same $20, so I renew it. Can't beat that deal. I just renewed 5/5/2012 - so apparently that rate is still available.

kevinpate
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I get the physical paper on Wed, Fri, Sat and Sunday with full access to the online print replication and archives for only $20 year. I signed up a few years ago for it. I figured it was a one time deal, but every year they send me a renewal form for the same $20, so I renew it. Can't beat that deal. I just renewed 5/5/2012 - so apparently that rate is still available.

Ditto, though I am only in year two of this. Probably the best 20 I spend each year thus far.

zookeeper
08-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Ditto, though I am only in year two of this. Probably the best 20 I spend each year thus far.

I wonder what I need to do to get that deal? That's incredible!

kevinpate
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I wonder what I need to do to get that deal? That's incredible!

When I first started it up, it was via an offer through wimgo.com (powered locally by the oklahoman) It was a one year deal, but like BBates noted, at the end of the term, the paper sent me a renewal for the same rate. Between the Qdoba discounts, Papa John's discounts, and a few others, plus my lovely gets the hard copy on the days the sales ads are included, it wasn't a tough decision at all to renew.

Steve
08-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Zookeeper, go ahead and call circulation - can't hurt to try and see if you can't still get this deal.