View Full Version : Rental Properties in Norman

MsProudSooner
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm looking into moving back to Norman. I've been browsing the web for rental properties (duplexes and houses). Many are managed to management companies. Does anyone know if someone should steer clear of any of these companies or if any of them are exceptionally good to work with?

kevinpate
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
I know a chap who took his several properties back from a mgmt company a few years ago. He has handled his properties on his own since then. If my daughter and her hub were ever transferred to Tinker, he'd be the first contact I'd offer if they intended to live off base. I'll send his contact info via a pm.

pbsawin
08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.normanrentalsonline.com/

Roadhawg
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I would like to find a place in the country on the north side of OKC. Miss living in the country.

soonerfan_in_okc
08-30-2012, 12:43 AM
I have rented from both DMG and Sooner Realty in the past 2 years. Now I am renting directly from the owner of the house I am in. All I can say is that it is much easier when you can pick up the phone and directly call the person who owns the house. Having that relationship with the owner and knowing who they are seems to go a long way when you have a maintenance request.

But both DMG and SR are pretty similar. When we left SR, it took me about 3 trips to the place to get my security deposit back, and DMG was HORRIBLE with getting the owner of the house to do any sort of maintenance that needed to be done. So if you can avoid a realty company and go direct with the owner, I highly recommend it.