View Full Version : OnCue OKC Expansion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

TeeDub2
04-16-2018, 06:55 AM
QT's Kitchen locations are pretty phenomenal. A wider variety and nice offerings compared to most any convenience stores.

Pete
04-16-2018, 06:59 AM
QT's Kitchen locations are pretty phenomenal. A wider variety and nice offerings compared to most any convenience stores.

I suppose this is why OnCue experimented with their own kitchen concept at 15th & I-35 in Edmond and is now retrofitting several of their existing locations.

I bet this will be a feature of almost all their new locations.

David
04-16-2018, 10:08 AM
That could be a great and terrible thing for me once the Blackwelder and Northwest Expressway location goes up. Or if they add it to the 9th and Broadway location in Edmond.

rezman
04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
There is one coming to SE corner of 39th and Portland. Say goodbye to the Porthole.

And the old Rustic Inn, which later served as a car lot and a laundry mat.

Pete
04-16-2018, 01:29 PM
OnCue finally dropped the building permits today for NW Expressway and Blackwelder.

AP
04-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Yassssss

edit: Can you not post with all caps?

sgt. pepper
04-25-2018, 02:10 PM
Dirt work has just started at 164th and SH 74.

Pete
05-07-2018, 08:58 AM
This is the site at NW Expressway & Blackwelder. They just filed for their full building permits, so will probably be another month or two before they get busy.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue050618.jpg

David
05-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Any idea if this will be one of the locations with the new hot kitchen?

Pete
05-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Any idea if this will be one of the locations with the new hot kitchen?

I suspect it will be as they are going back and adding kitchens to several of their locations.

I'll post the building plans when I get them.

AnguisHerba
05-08-2018, 05:56 PM
This is the site at NW Expressway & Blackwelder. They just filed for their full building permits, so will probably be another month or two before they get busy.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue050618.jpg

I live in the neighborhood to the south and a few people I have talked to seem to be against the OnCue going in (not that they can do anything about it now), but personally I'm excited because I think OnCue does a great job of keeping their stores clean and I don't ever feel like they attract the same negative attention that other convenience stores do.

Any of my neighbors worried about increased traffic down Blackwelder shouldn't worry too much. People will stop cutting through whenever they realize this neighborhood has some of the most poorly maintained residential streets in the city. :)

Pete
05-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Any of my neighbors worried about increased traffic down Blackwelder shouldn't worry too much. People will stop cutting through whenever they realize this neighborhood has some of the most poorly maintained residential streets in the city. :)

Haha... I've driven through there a few times and can verify that!

AnguisHerba
05-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Haha... I've driven through there a few times and can verify that!

Complete resurfacing for the area bounded by N Penn, Classen Blvd, NW 39th, and NW 50th is actually on the 2018 Go Bond project list, but when I asked the city's PIO about it they couldn't give me a timeline. Sometime before 2029, I guess.

SEMIweather
05-08-2018, 06:12 PM
I live in the neighborhood to the south and a few people I have talked to seem to be against the OnCue going in (not that they can do anything about it now), but personally I'm excited because I think OnCue does a great job of keeping their stores clean and I don't ever feel like they attract the same negative attention that other convenience stores do.

I don't live in this neighborhood, but I can understand the concerns about the traffic flow since there's no direct access to NW Expressway and no real turn lanes on Blackwelder at that light. This is also going to be an exceptionally busy store due to the lack of other fuel options in the area.

MikeLucky
05-08-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm near 122nd and MacArthur and I am hoping beyond hope that they will put one near here. Somewhere on MacArthur between memorial and Hefner would be great. Lol.

kswright29
05-08-2018, 08:52 PM
I'm near 122nd and MacArthur and I am hoping beyond hope that they will put one near here. Somewhere on MacArthur between memorial and Hefner would be great. Lol.

I live near there as well and am hoping for the same!

AP
05-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Any of my neighbors worried about increased traffic down Blackwelder shouldn't worry too much. People will stop cutting through whenever they realize this neighborhood has some of the most poorly maintained residential streets in the city. :)Haha... I've driven through there a few times and can verify that!

I live in that neighborhood as well, and you guys aren't lying. I don't think I've seen worse roads anywhere in the city.

gopokes88
05-12-2018, 04:40 PM
That's like impressive, to have the worst roads in a city that overall has some of the worst roads in the country.

At least there's money to fix it now?

Mr. Blue Sky
05-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Interesting situation for the intersection of Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder. OnCue will kill it at that location, no question, but the intersection will be a nightmare unless there's something to be done that we don't know about. The intersection is bad enough with traffic northbound out of Woodland Park and southbound from the Valliance Bank Tower. Not to mention the turn lanes on Northwest Expressway, and yielding traffic.

The roads in the neighborhood are beyond horrible which is a shame as it's one of the most eclectic up and coming neighborhoods. Some very nice historical homes on NW 41st, 42nd, and 43rd. Older homes throughout being bought for owner occupation and new houses going up in old lots everywhere you look. And then drive Georgia between 46th and 39th, great old homes. The neighborhood deserves better roads and gopokes88 said it quite right -- "That's like impressive, to have the worst roads in a city that overall has some of the worst roads in the country." Yep.

Tavia
05-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Any information on why the construction has halted on the SW 104th and Santa Fe location??

progressiveboy
05-15-2018, 06:43 PM
On Cue really has nice stores that are clean, modern and great selection of items.

SoonerDave
05-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Any information on why the construction has halted on the SW 104th and Santa Fe location??

I think they are really struggling with the final design plans with the city on their permit. I suspect things may finally be breaking, though, because they just moved a Porta John and I think a building trailer on site. From what I can infer on the permit status, they really fought to wedge the larger building onto that relatively small parcel, but in so doing ran afoul of some secondary city rules about driveways and setbacks and such. They just got a revocable for landscaping and, I think, driveways, so that also leads me to believe that project is finally going to get rolling shortly.

jccouger
05-16-2018, 09:39 AM
This may have been discussed before, but has anybody ever had any issues with their gas pump card readers? Every single time I buy gas I have to enter my card twice because it can't read it the first time but it always works the 2nd time. "Invalid loyalty" is always the error but I get the same error with different credit cards.

Its became so annoying that I've pretty much abandoned buying gas their now.

Roger S
05-16-2018, 10:04 AM
This may have been discussed before, but has anybody ever had any issues with their gas pump card readers? Every single time I buy gas I have to enter my card twice because it can't read it the first time but it always works the 2nd time. "Invalid loyalty" is always the error but I get the same error with different credit cards.

I used to have some issues with my Phillips 66 gas card not authorizing but once I figured out the trick to get it to work. I don't have any issue with it now.

TheTravellers
05-16-2018, 10:34 AM

Have you ever talked to a mgr? Emailed the company? PM OKBBQEA to see what his trick is, maybe it'll work for you.

Roger S
05-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Have you ever talked to a mgr? Emailed the company? PM OKBBQEA to see what his trick is, maybe it'll work for you.

I was getting a different error but the trick was to be sure and slide the card all the way in, pause for a second, then yank it out quickly.

Tinker Federal has the same problem at their ATM's since they switched their debit cards to chips.... ATM never takes my card on the first try.

TheTravellers
05-16-2018, 12:05 PM
I was getting a different error but the trick was to be sure and slide the card all the way in, pause for a second, then yank it out quickly.

Tinker Federal has the same problem at their ATM's since they switched their debit cards to chips.... ATM never takes my card on the first try.

Have to say the TransFund ATM at the OnCue on 36th/May has this problem too (and maybe others, but that's the only one I use) - put the chip card in, leave it in forever but it never prompts for anything, so now I just put the card in, take it out, then put the card in again and it locks the card and starts doing what it's supposed to. Annoying.

Roger S
05-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Have to say the TransFund ATM at the OnCue on 36th/May has this problem too (and maybe others, but that's the only one I use) - put the chip card in, leave it in forever but it never prompts for anything, so now I just put the card in, take it out, then put the card in again and it locks the card and starts doing what it's supposed to. Annoying.

Yep... That's exactly how the TFCU ATM's behave.

jccouger
05-16-2018, 02:43 PM

No I haven't, but I will. I just wanted to know if it was a common issue or not.

d-usa
05-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Every ATM I have used has that issue. Insert card with chip, “take out card”, takes card out, “chip card must remain inserted, don’t take it out”, puts it back in...

It really annoys me, you’d think the machine could tell it was a chip card without having to remove it fjrst.

TheTravellers
05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Every ATM I have used has that issue. Insert card with chip, “take out card”, takes card out, “chip card must remain inserted, don’t take it out”, puts it back in...

It really annoys me, you’d think the machine could tell it was a chip card without having to remove it fjrst.

Wow, had no idea it was all ATMs that are FUBARed, how completely stupid...

TheTravellers
05-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Heard today that the insert/take out/insert for chip cards is probably related to the manufacturer of the ATM, so note which ones make you do that and which don't, and I'll bet there's a pattern for the bad ones...

ChrisHayes
06-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Looks like they're going to build another OnCue at the Kilpatrick Turnpike and Rt 66 across from the Rt 66 Landing development. Saw an OnCue coming soon sign at that corner the other day.

PaddyShack
06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Looks like they're going to build another OnCue at the Kilpatrick Turnpike and Rt 66 across from the Rt 66 Landing development. Saw an OnCue coming soon sign at that corner the other day.

That sign has been there for a long time, probably since Rt 66 Landing was first proposed. Been waiting patiently for them to start work, since I currently have to drive across Yukon or travel to Bethany for my OnCue fix. This will be nice to have on the south side of 66 for my morning commutes...

SoonerDave
06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
I am becoming increasingly curious about the stall in work on the SW 104th location. Weeds have overgrown where the store area is obviously supposed to be built; a portable potty deployed three weeks ago remains untouched. The city and OnCue must be in a serious donnybrook on this one. Wish someone here had some additional insight; the permit licensing portal for OKC has shown no changes in building permit status for literally weeks if not months now. Surely they can work out something...but at what point does OnCue say "forget it," write off the cost of what they've done so far, and move on to another parcel?

Tavia
06-05-2018, 04:58 PM
I posted this same concern last month, I drive by here daily.

Pete
07-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Yet another reason to love OnCue: If you buy this cup with your soft drink they donate $.50 to local schools.

Each location designates area schools to receive the proceeds.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue070318.jpg

SoonerDave
07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
The building permit for the SW 104 location has finally broken loose from it's logjam, and now lacks only a single step to completion - and that appears to be essentially an administrative review. Betting that the moment the hammer drops on it that site will be buzzing in short order.

ChrisHayes
07-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Drove by where they're going to build an OnCue at Rt 66 and the Kilpatrick Turnpike, and they're starting to clear the land there.

SoonerDave
07-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Site at SW 104 is now busy with activity. Trenches being dug for footings and ground rebar going in ahead of forms for what almost certainly has to be the slab pour. Building area is surrounded by yellow caution tape, and if the actual structure matches that general outline, that place is going to be pretty big! Surprisingly big for that lot size...

PaddyShack
07-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Drove by where they're going to build an OnCue at Rt 66 and the Kilpatrick Turnpike, and they're starting to clear the land there.

The amount of dirt work required for this location is massive! I past this corner everyday and am anxiously waiting for it to come online!

BBatesokc
07-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Pulled through the drive through at the one at East 15th and I-35 in Edmond this morning. They had some corporate looking woman posted up next to the cashier asking people to take a quick survey....

1.) Would you have come into the store if this drive through was not available?

2.) Anything additional you'd like to see offered through the drive through?

3.) Do you live within 3-miles of this store?

4.) Can you please point on this map approx. where you live so I can record the grid number.

5.) Here's a free coupon for a drink on your next visit.

I defiantly like the drive throughs and hope they keep them.

baralheia
07-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Construction for the new kitchen and entryway is well under way at 23rd and Santa Fe:

rtz
07-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Still waiting on the NW164th & Portland location to get built. OnCues sure seem to get built slowly.

https://goo.gl/maps/enEQNs3DM4y

catch22
07-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Construction for the new kitchen and entryway is well under way at 23rd and Santa Fe:

I'm glad this location is getting a kitchen. I am probably at this OnCue more than any other.

catch22
07-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Pulled through the drive through at the one at East 15th and I-35 in Edmond this morning. They had some corporate looking woman posted up next to the cashier asking people to take a quick survey....

1.) Would you have come into the store if this drive through was not available?

2.) Anything additional you'd like to see offered through the drive through?

3.) Do you live within 3-miles of this store?

4.) Can you please point on this map approx. where you live so I can record the grid number.

5.) Here's a free coupon for a drink on your next visit.

I defiantly like the drive throughs and hope they keep them.

Number 3 is a very important question. I bet their long-term strategy is to have a location no further than 3 miles from most of the city's population.

jonny d
07-22-2018, 01:07 PM
29th and Douglas (busy beyond all belief, as you can imagine) has been under renovations, and is receiving a kitchen, as well. This location already makes money hand over fist, due to the machine that is Tinker being right across I-40. Now, it will make even more money. Not sure where it ranks on the totem pole of busiest On-Cue locations, but it should be near the top.

SEMIweather
07-22-2018, 05:52 PM
29th and Douglas (busy beyond all belief, as you can imagine) has been under renovations, and is receiving a kitchen, as well. This location already makes money hand over fist, due to the machine that is Tinker being right across I-40. Now, it will make even more money. Not sure where it ranks on the totem pole of busiest On-Cue locations, but it should be near the top.

I think it has to be between that one, NW 23rd & Santa Fe, and the Flood/Tecumseh location in Norman for busiest OnCue. NW Expressway & Blackwelder might just top all of them once it opens though, because there are absolutely no gas stations near that location.

Pete
07-22-2018, 05:56 PM
That one in Norman is indeed slammed every time I stop or pass by.

Right down the road is one of the decent 7/11's at Robinson and Flood -- a better location -- and it's 1/10th as busy.

Soonerman
07-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Isn't OnCue building another location in Norman??

SEMIweather
07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Isn't OnCue building another location in Norman??

I believe so, in the vicinity of SH-9 & US-77 on the south side of town.

Pete
07-22-2018, 06:28 PM

Yes, northwest corner.

scottk
07-22-2018, 08:57 PM
Heard today that the insert/take out/insert for chip cards is probably related to the manufacturer of the ATM, so note which ones make you do that and which don't, and I'll bet there's a pattern for the bad ones...

On a related note, I know that at OnCue you can use your phone or smart watch to pay at the register with Apple Pay/Android Pay, and it really speeds up the whole process of bypassing the chip reader. Anyone know if the same technology would ever come to the pump so you don't have to insert your physical credit card? It seems that the tap to pay method would be more secure since its a one-time generated coded handshake between the smart device and the gas pump, versus a skimmer getting your plastic credit card information.

MikeLucky
07-22-2018, 09:09 PM

Yes, northwest corner.

I lived in that area for 10 years and wanted an OnCue but never got one. Now that I'm gone they get one. Lol. Right now I want one near 122nd and MacArthur but I'm sure it'll show up right after I move again. Ha

baralheia
07-24-2018, 10:55 AM
On a related note, I know that at OnCue you can use your phone or smart watch to pay at the register with Apple Pay/Android Pay, and it really speeds up the whole process of bypassing the chip reader. Anyone know if the same technology would ever come to the pump so you don't have to insert your physical credit card? It seems that the tap to pay method would be more secure since its a one-time generated coded handshake between the smart device and the gas pump, versus a skimmer getting your plastic credit card information.

ExxonMobil has offered contactless transactions at the pump since 1997, actually, via their SpeedPass technology... and I believe they're the only major fuel chain in the US to have done so. Speedpass began with an RFID "keytag" that you'd tap on a specific area of the dispenser to authorize a transaction, but unfortunately they're phasing that out and moving to a new smartphone/app based system that interfaces directly with the dispenser control system inside the station to authorize transactions. While the new system does integrate with mobile payment apps like Android/Samsung/Apple Pay, it doesn't use RFID or NFC readers in the pump.

I'm with you though, I wish contactless/NFC payments were an option at more fuel stations... it makes much more sense to me.

SoonerDave
07-24-2018, 01:27 PM

Agree completely. The coded payment transaction will, eventually, in some form, inevitably replace the credit card with embedded info. The encrypted transaction that is created and sent back to the processor is infinitely more secure. In effect, there's nothing to steal. Even if someone had the transaction data, you'd have to have one or both keys that encrypted one or both sides of the transaction data.

roci28
08-11-2018, 04:01 PM
I heard a rumor there was going to be a new OnCue built across from Winco around 39th and Portland where The Porthole and laundry mat are. Any validity to this news??

Mr. Blue Sky
08-11-2018, 08:38 PM
I heard a rumor there was going to be a new OnCue built across from Winco around 39th and Portland where The Porthole and laundry mat are. Any validity to this news??

I'm not sure about this. I know the Route 66 Laundry is also home to a USPS Contract Postal Unit. Full service and complete with postal boxes for rent.
I've heard the rumor as well, but I don't know if it's actually been verified. Maybe Pete knows?

stile99
08-12-2018, 05:33 AM
I know we've had examples of the same company gas stations being right across the street from each other, and both survive because they're aimed at different traffic patterns, but does one at 39th & Portland AND one at 36th & May really make sense? I mean, if the rumor is even remotely true one would assume OnCue did the research and believes the answer to be yes. But if they want to destroy something there, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be that cash for cars/campfire motel place? That would make accessing the "WinCo traffic" MUCH easier.

shawnw
08-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Pretty sure this was confirmed way up thread. That OnCue owns the land the Porthole is on and it's only a matter of time. Porthole even announced a closing, had a big bash, but then said never mind, I guess they got a short reprieve.