View Full Version : OnCue OKC Expansion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Zuplar
11-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Only OnCue with an OnCue Kitchen is the 15th & I-35 Edmond location.

Not sure if they'll be included in future stores.

Bummer.

d-usa
11-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Crossing fingers for the one on HW 74. They could be one of the few “food” options for people heading south. What’s north of there for breakfast? Only thing that comes to mind is Sonic.

SoonerDave
11-30-2017, 04:55 AM
I still wonder what's happened to the new location at SW 104 and Santa Fe....

Pete
11-30-2017, 09:21 AM
I still wonder what's happened to the new location at SW 104 and Santa Fe....

They now have a bunch of new locations in process, with several more yet to be announced.

They have a lot of balls in the air and seem to really be trying to dominate the OKC market. I suspect all their locations are doing very well; they all seem to be busy all the time.

Notice that 7/11 continues to be slow to respond with their new concept.

d-usa
11-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Did the “hot kitchen” in the new 7-11 stores push On Cue to include one as well?

terryinokc
11-30-2017, 10:38 AM
The more I can get a QT like experience without going to Tulsa or Dallas, the better.
Yes, this is almost exactly the same concept as QT has in their newer stores...and the food is actually very good.

Zuplar
11-30-2017, 11:44 AM
IMO 7-11 won't be able to compete until they step up and start selling Top Tier fuels. This is my main reason for using OnCue almost exclusively. 7-11 is notorious for buying low end fuel.

Pete
11-30-2017, 11:53 AM
I've mentioned this before but it's stunning to see the difference in number of cars at a 7-11 vs. a nearby OnCue.

The OnCue on 77 north of Robinson in Norman often has every single gas pump occupied and tons more cars in the lot. A little further south where 7-11 has a much better location on the corner of Robinson, you'll see a handful of cars on a good day.

Would be really interesting to know the daily revenues of an OnCue.

Zuplar
11-30-2017, 12:57 PM
It would.

7-11 used to have such a good following. But by staying complacent and only ever reacting, they've pushed a lot of their loyal customers to another locally owned joint in OnCue.

They have no one to blame but themselves. But for 7-11 they still have a chance to redeem themselves. If they'd start reinvesting in all their locations, making necessary upgrades to older stores, and stop selling crappy low end fuel. They'd be competitive.

I'd much rather live in a world where I have 2 great local choices than one.

Roger S
11-30-2017, 01:09 PM
I've mentioned this before but it's stunning to see the difference in number of cars at a 7-11 vs. a nearby OnCue.

Oddly one spot I thought OnCue would kill 7-11 was at the Shields location but I drive by their twice a day and the 7-11, while not as busy as the OnCue, still appears the be doing as much business as they did prior to OnCue opening there.

I've also noticed they tend to price their gas $0.01 below OnCue's price for E10.

traxx
11-30-2017, 01:22 PM
You can see their menu and hours here:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncuekitchen.jpg
There's a menu and hours in this picture?

Not seeing it. :p

FighttheGoodFight
11-30-2017, 01:37 PM

The OnCue on 77 north of Robinson in Norman often has every single gas pump occupied and tons more cars in the lot. A little further south where 7-11 has a much better location on the corner of Robinson, you'll see a handful of cars on a good day.

Would be really interesting to know the daily revenues of an OnCue.

That station is always packed. I wish it was closer to my house and I would go. Great location for people commuting in and out of Norman. Smart placement.

StuckInTheCapitol825
11-30-2017, 01:43 PM
I've also noticed they tend to price their gas $0.01 below OnCue's price for E10.

7-11 employees (at least the one I knew) are asked to bring in the prices of their nearest competitor when they arrive for their shift.
After that info is delivered, there are some phone calls made. Generally, the price is then set a cent lower.

Plutonic Panda
11-30-2017, 05:04 PM
There's a menu and hours in this picture?

Not seeing it. :p
Itís on the TV screen behind the lady.

Kitchen hours: M-F 6am-8PM Sat. 7am-6PM Sun. 7am-3pm

gopokes88
11-30-2017, 07:16 PM
It’s on the TV screen behind the lady.

You’re not really that dense are you?

Tavia
11-30-2017, 07:19 PM
At SW 104th and Sante Fe they have removing what was left of the carwash concrete this week.....

Plutonic Panda
11-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Youíre not really that dense are you?
Yeah.

SoonerDave
11-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Itís on the TV screen behind the lady.

Plu, you gotta be kiddin' me....

Plutonic Panda
11-30-2017, 09:52 PM
Plu, you gotta be kiddin' me....look man I missed the joke I don’t know what to say

Pete
12-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Building permit application has been filed for the SW 104th & Santa Fe location.

rezman
12-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Still wondering where 178th & Western fits into their plans. I usually use the location at Memorial & Western, which is always busy, and I pass a 7-11 on the way.

Pete
12-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Still wondering where 178th & Western fits into their plans. I usually use the location at Memorial & Western, which is always busy, and I pass a 7-11 on the way.

It is on their list with 3-4 other locations.

I suspect it will start in the next 6 months or so.

OKC2017
12-16-2017, 07:29 AM
i guess this means they've ruled out the sw 74th & santa fe site then...

Building permit application has been filed for the SW 104th & Santa Fe location.

BBatesokc
12-16-2017, 10:40 AM
I've been ordering the breakfast burrito at least once a week at the 15th and I-35 location. The other day the lady offered me a free slice of breakfast pizza to give it a try. They have two kinds to choose from. An egg, meat and cheese and another that literally has gravy cooked into the top of it. I just couldn't bring myself to do the gravy one, so I did the egg, meat and cheese. It was surprisingly pretty tasty (especially with some hot sauce added on top). Might consider rotating burrito one week and pizza slice the next. Wife still shakes her head when I tell her I eat breakfast at a gas station.

Martin
12-16-2017, 08:06 PM
noticed today that groundwork at 104th & santa fe has been started.

Brett
12-17-2017, 06:37 AM
Major construction work is being done at the Reno & MacArthur location. It looks like the 100% gasoline pumps have been removed.

Thomas Vu
12-17-2017, 09:39 AM
I've been ordering the breakfast burrito at least once a week at the 15th and I-35 location. The other day the lady offered me a free slice of breakfast pizza to give it a try. They have two kinds to choose from. An egg, meat and cheese and another that literally has gravy cooked into the top of it. I just couldn't bring myself to do the gravy one, so I did the egg, meat and cheese. It was surprisingly pretty tasty (especially with some hot sauce added on top). Might consider rotating burrito one week and pizza slice the next. Wife still shakes her head when I tell her I eat breakfast at a gas station.

Oh man, that's a breakfast pizza!!!

Slimjim
12-17-2017, 03:13 PM
I always get my gas from oncue except when I am forced to buy inferior gas in Texas

Brett
01-19-2018, 04:23 AM
Heavy equipment is starting earthwork at the proposed NW Expressway and Blackwelder location.

MagzOK
01-28-2018, 08:57 PM
I always get my gas from oncue except when I am forced to buy inferior gas in Texas
Me too. I like OnCue and like putting Phillips 66 gas in the vehicle.

Uptowner
01-30-2018, 08:14 PM

I wish i could get that inferior 93 octane here in OK for my Sunday driver.

Jeepnokc
01-31-2018, 07:30 AM

Inquiring minds want to know. What is your sunday driver?

TheTravellers
01-31-2018, 09:05 AM

Red Rock on 50th and RS Fuels on Memorial do 93, I believe.

MikeLucky
01-31-2018, 06:47 PM

The reason they have 93 in parts of Texas is because they need 93 octane at their 400' elevation to be the equivalent of 91 here in OKC at 1200'. The octane level really has zero bearing on actual fuel quality, and unless your Sunday driver specifically calls for 93, it would be a waste of money to use it here since it'll be more expensive.

Uptowner
02-02-2018, 06:10 AM
An r53 (first gen) Mini Cooper. It’s got a fully worked racing head with a streetable cam, super charger is running +19% over stock, headers, aftermarket intercooler, brakes, suspension, too much to list. It’s at the limit of its weight to power as it’s hard to floor the accelerator in 1st or 2nd without smoking tires. I’ve seen & met a few people who have dual charged (added a turbo) to get between 350-500hp depending on the build. It’s cute, but the cars just sit and spin. I drop in a half bottle of a reputable (and regrettably expensive) octane booster per tank to mix roughly 95. It keeps my lust for porches and m3’s at bay.

Uptowner
02-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Anyway when is the cue on expressway getting underway? That whole area belle isle area of town is a fuel desert.

Pete
03-06-2018, 07:58 AM
They are adding a kitchen (similar to the I-35 and 15th location in Edmond) to the I-40 and MacArthur location.

Also bumping out the front to create a larger checkout area similar to what you see at their larger, newer locations.

Didn't take long for that place to open before they spent a ton more money to remodel and expand.

oklip955
03-07-2018, 08:04 AM
I'm hoping for one at Covell and I-35. There needs to be some kind of mega gas station on the west side. (I live on the east side, but with all the traffic going west and the hotel and covention center and other development , it would be nice to have one.

Pete
03-07-2018, 08:17 AM
The other locations I believe are getting the kitchen upgrade (besides I-40 and MacArthur and the existing kitchen at I-35 and 15th in Edmond) are:

23rd & Santa Fe
29th & Douglas
I-35 & Waterloo

d-usa
03-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Have they started construction for the store at NW 164th and HW-74 yet? They are building something out there, but I couldn't tell if the metal frame looks like a n OnCue yet.

Patrick
03-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Yes, sign is up for location at northwest corner of NW 164th and Portland/HW- 74.

Patrick
03-15-2018, 01:58 PM
Have they started construction for the store at NW 164th and HW-74 yet? They are building something out there, but I couldn't tell if the metal frame looks like a n OnCue yet. Yes, northwest corner.

sgt. pepper
03-20-2018, 06:40 AM
I am no OnCue expert, but that building being built near 164th and 74 just does not look like an OnCue to me. Maybe the OnCue will be built where the sign is, right on the corner? Where ever it is, I a glad it is there.

catch22
03-21-2018, 07:57 PM
I wish OnCue had a small seating area. Sometimes I don't have enough time to go to a restaurant for lunch, and end up grabing something from OnCue, and I hate eating in the car. Would be nice to have a small area to eat.

scottk
03-21-2018, 09:41 PM
Since OnCue and QuikTrip seem to "share" concepts and layouts, maybe one of the ideas OnCue can take from QuikTrip is to put a seating area outside the stores for just that.

I'll echo your comments and will grab something at lunch from the roller grill at OnCue only to eat it inside my car while under the OnCue Canopy. QuikTrip Gen 3 stores have placed picnic tables on both sides of the two main entrances and usually have some to the side of the corner entrances. An alternative would be a small eating area/bar inside OnCue for eating, and charging a device or two with USB outlets.

The Drive-Thru idea at OnCue for a convenient store is great, I think OnCue was first and QuikTrip started testing the drive-thru for the QT Kitchens at some of their Tulsa locations about a year an a half ago.

Mr. Blue Sky
03-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Drove by the new OnCue site at Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder...they've been moving gravel around and smoothing it out. Sorry, don't know what the process is called. Activity has picked up though and was wondering if anyone knows when that store will be open? It should be a killer store for them, it's s a serious fuel desert and all that traffic near Penn Square and across the street from the Valliance Bank Tower, it will do well.

Pete
03-25-2018, 08:39 AM
Drove by the new OnCue site at Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder...they've been moving gravel around and smoothing it out. Sorry, don't know what the process is called. Activity has picked up though and was wondering if anyone knows when that store will be open? It should be a killer store for them, it's s a serious fuel desert and all that traffic near Penn Square and across the street from the Valliance Bank Tower, it will do well.

They have only done clearing and some site work but still haven't even filed a building permit.

Once they do, it usually takes 2-3 months before it is issued and only then can the real work commence.

scottk
03-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Any updates on 178th and Western OnCue? The site is still just a sign of coming soon.

OKC2017
03-30-2018, 11:14 PM
a couple of small buildings on the SW corner of shields and SE 44th have been razed to the ground.
there is enough reason to speculate the 7-11 adjacent to the property is planning an expansion/renovation
to compete against the on-cue gas station right across the street. or will something else be built there?

Pete
03-31-2018, 05:00 AM
a couple of small buildings on the SW corner of shields and SE 44th have been razed to the ground.
there is enough reason to speculate the 7-11 adjacent to the property is planning an expansion/renovation
to compete against the on-cue gas station right across the street. or will something else be built there?

I checked on this and couldn't find any building permits.

OKC2017
04-10-2018, 11:07 PM
I checked on this and couldn't find any building permits.

there's definitely something happening there. i saw heavy duty equipment on site and lots of dirt moving.
there is also a sign of apollo building systems there, couldn't take pictures but this is their website: https://apollobuildingsystems.com/

by the way, there is also a lot of land clearing on a property just east of SW 27th and robinson; i didn't stop to look closely but i have a feeling
it can be something substantial like an apartment building complex.

UncleCyrus
04-15-2018, 12:48 AM
I wish OnCue had a small seating area. Sometimes I don't have enough time to go to a restaurant for lunch, and end up grabing something from OnCue, and I hate eating in the car. Would be nice to have a small area to eat.

I believe the Edmond OnCue at 15th and I-35 does have a couple of tables inside.

BBatesokc
04-15-2018, 07:19 AM
I believe the Edmond OnCue at 15th and I-35 does have a couple of tables inside.

It does. Just a couple of booths to the right as soon as you walk in.

I'm telling you, their fried onion cheese burger (with or without bacon) is really good. Much better than similar offerings in the area and very reasonably priced. Breakfast burritos are really good too (sausage cheese and egg is my favorite).

Pete
04-15-2018, 07:24 AM
What, if anything, are the advantages of Quik Trip over OnCue?

Seems like they are pretty similar these days.

billokc
04-15-2018, 08:45 AM
I saw a posting on Facebook that the SE corner of NW39th/Portland has been bought and will be cleared for another OnCue.

stile99
04-15-2018, 10:16 AM
QuikTrip Vs OnCue is...the closest contest ever. The only advantage one has over the other that I can think of is one serviced the OKC area in its time of need and the other ignored it. Be that for a noble reason or not, the fact is OnCue is here and growing. I would love to see QuikTrip open a few locations around town, because competition is always good.

As for 39th and Portland...that OnCue Coming Soon sign has been there for a couple of years now, and there's no sign that the land is being prepared for it, or anything else. I would love to see movement on it.

Pete
04-15-2018, 10:30 AM
As for 39th and Portland...that OnCue Coming Soon sign has been there for a couple of years now, and there's no sign that the land is being prepared for it, or anything else. I would love to see movement on it.

Where is this sign exactly?

Thomas Vu
04-15-2018, 12:21 PM
I might actually prefer OnCue, at least over the QT's in Tulsa. OnCue offers non ethanol gas.

stile99
04-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Where is this sign exactly?

My apologies, I parsed it completely incorrectly. I parsed it as the one on the SE corner of 39th and the Turnpike. If there is also one on the SE corner of 39th and Portland, something going to have to be knocked down I believe. With there being one at 36th and May already I question the wisdom, but if they've done their due diligence and decided one would do well there, OK then.

onthestrip
04-16-2018, 07:27 AM
There is one coming to SE corner of 39th and Portland. Say goodbye to the Porthole.