View Full Version : OnCue OKC Expansion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

T. Jamison
06-29-2021, 04:17 PM
The newer larger QT's do, but many of the older locations have tiny restrooms with doors in the back corner next to the janitorial closets.

One thing that bothers me is when the men's restroom is on one end and the women's is on the other. So after parking at the side entrance for a quick dash to the loo, you have to traverse the entire store to get to the appropriate restroom.

Plutonic Panda
06-29-2021, 04:24 PM
Does QT have the same sort of no-door restrooms?

I love that about OnCue, in that you don't have to touch anything going in or out.
Couldn’t remember if the last QTs had those or not. I much prefer no door restrooms when possible. It is much more sanitary and better airflow.

As T. Jamison said the full canopies are awesome.

djohn
06-30-2021, 05:45 AM
The newer larger QT's do, but many of the older locations have tiny restrooms with doors in the back corner next to the janitorial closets.

One thing that bothers me is when the men's restroom is on one end and the women's is on the other. So after parking at the side entrance for a quick dash to the loo, you have to traverse the entire store to get to the appropriate restroom.

I just use the closest one.

But seriously, I think QT's fountain drinks are marginally better than OC's. However OC's are much, much better than 711's, in my opinion.

T. Jamison
06-30-2021, 09:48 AM
I just use the closest one.

But seriously, I think QT's fountain drinks are marginally better than OC's. However OC's are much, much better than 711's, in my opinion.

I may agree on that. I have a love for QT's Rooster Booster Freezoni's and get one every time I go to Tulsa probably twice a month. QT's roller grill may be marginally better, but I'm biased because I ate QT chicken taquitos for lunch maybe 3 days a week in high school.

Celebrator
06-30-2021, 10:28 AM
I'm telling you, the fresh cooked burgers and fries I have had twice now at OC are great for a c-store! Especially the fries! Very impressed both times I have been.

Pete
06-30-2021, 10:31 AM
I'm telling you, the fresh cooked burgers and fries I have had twice now at OC are great for a c-store! Especially the fries! Very impressed both times I have been.

Sure beats a roller dog!

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rollerdog.jpg

OKCDrummer77
06-30-2021, 11:06 AM

Can confirm. The ordering experience works well, too. I step up to the computer, order my food, go fill up a fountain drink, go to the register to pay, then by the time I get back to the grill window, it's ready.

Lafferty Daniel
06-30-2021, 01:48 PM
They are basically the same except OnCue has those massive canopies which are a godsent in Oklahoma.
Same. This is what gives them a leg up on QT's to me.

Thomas Vu
07-01-2021, 10:18 PM
I grew up in tulsa and drank the kool aid too. I'll take oncue though. Do QT's still not carry 100% gas?

scottk
07-02-2021, 07:51 PM
I grew up in tulsa and drank the kool aid too. I'll take oncue though. Do QT's still not carry 100% gas?

Certain QT's do have 100 percent gas. Typically, the newer the store, the more types/variety due to planning of tank storage underground. I think most of their Generation 3 stores carry 100 percent gas.

baralheia
07-06-2021, 10:54 AM
For me, the main reasons I really liked QT was extremely quick service and the variety of fresh sandwiches that they always had in the coolers... back before they started adding kitchens to the stores. The Triple Stack was always my favorite. When QT changed their sandwiches to not include any sauce by default (allowing customers to add whatever condiments they preferred) the sandwiches weren't as tasty anymore. I think QT still has an edge over OnCue in the speed of service but only just barely... with the installation of kitchens in both QT and OC, though, the food angle is kinda moot now.

OnCue absolutely raised the bar for convenience stores in OKC and I'm thankful... I still like QT but I no longer yearn for them to enter the OKC market like I used to, thanks to the strides that OC has made.

scottk
07-10-2021, 08:19 PM

I'll second....

Tried OnCue's "weekender" burger and fries meal tonight for $3.99 at the Portland and 164th store. VERY VERY Impressed. The fries were seasoned well, the burger was big and served on a kaiser style bun, lettuce and tomato on the burger were fresh. It was a great deal for $4! Made to order and was fresh and ready in about 4-5 minutes.

Thomas Vu
07-11-2021, 12:56 AM
I'll second....

Tried OnCue's "weekender" burger and fries meal tonight for $3.99 at the Portland and 164th store. VERY VERY Impressed. The fries were seasoned well, the burger was big and served on a kaiser style bun, lettuce and tomato on the burger were fresh. It was a great deal for $4! Made to order and was fresh and ready in about 4-5 minutes.

Kaiser bun? I'll give it a go. Does anybody know where an oncue is at that has a grill closer to downtown/midtown?

Pete
07-11-2021, 07:49 AM
Kaiser bun? I'll give it a go. Does anybody know where an oncue is at that has a grill closer to downtown/midtown?

NW 23rd and I-235.

Pete
07-19-2021, 02:51 PM
OnCue just filed their building permit application for 39th and the Kilpatrick Turnpike:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue66a.jpg

ChrisHayes
07-19-2021, 03:31 PM
OnCue just filed their building permit application for 39th and the Kilpatrick Turnpike:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue66a.jpg

I'm looking at a map, and I can't figure out where they're going to build along NW 39th and the Kilpatrick Tpk. NW 39th is in a residential area.

Pete
07-19-2021, 03:36 PM
I'm looking at a map, and I can't figure out where they're going to build along NW 39th and the Kilpatrick Tpk. NW 39th is in a residential area.

??

It's a highway in western OKC.

Pete
07-19-2021, 03:55 PM
This is an old-ish photo of the OnCue property in the foreground:

https://i.imgur.com/volHzZj.jpg

SEMIweather
07-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Has anyone had any luck in working with their city councilor to get a traffic light installed? Reason I am asking in this thread is that I live in the apartment complex directly to the south of this property, so I use this intersection on a daily basis. It is already dangerous now that Summer Moon has opened across the street and is wildly popular, and it’s sure to get even worse with Braum’s set to open any day now and OnCue now coming shortly as well. The intersection desperately needs dedicated left turn lanes, but a traffic light would at least be better than nothing.

Other than that issue, I am very excited for this OnCue.

Pete
07-19-2021, 04:34 PM
^

That intersection is dangerous, especially because people are driving very fast on 39th.

SEMIweather
07-19-2021, 04:41 PM
^

That intersection is dangerous, especially because people are driving very fast on 39th.

Yeah, it is a disaster waiting to happen. Like you said, there will often be people driving 65+ going westbound on 39th since there are no stops in between Council and the Kilpatrick.

Dob Hooligan
07-19-2021, 05:01 PM
Can you guys help with something? Photo in post 1038 appears to show a traffic signal in the left side of the picture, so I am wondering where additional control is needed?

Pete
07-19-2021, 05:04 PM
Can you guys help with something? Photo in post 1038 appears to show a traffic signal in the left side of the picture, so I am wondering where additional control is needed?

On the right side of that photo; that street leads in and out of both the apartment complex and the new development across the way with Summer Moon and soon to be Braum's.

Teo9969
07-20-2021, 07:55 PM
I just gotta say that I was super wrong about their NWX/Blackwelder location: I thought it was going to be underwhelming due to the access issues (it really isn't the easiest place to get in and out of, especially if you don't know the streets south of the store) as well as it's lack of visibility. But this place gets great traffic.

Given that there's probably not a whole lot of great uses for this particular plot of land, glad to see them doing well. Also gives me a place to get quality gas close to home.

OKCbyTRANSFER
07-20-2021, 08:28 PM
I just gotta say that I was super wrong about their NWX/Blackwelder location: I thought it was going to be underwhelming due to the access issues (it really isn't the easiest place to get in and out of, especially if you don't know the streets south of the store) as well as it's lack of visibility. But this place gets great traffic.

Given that there's probably not a whole lot of great uses for this particular plot of land, glad to see them doing well. Also gives me a place to get quality gas close to home.

It pretty much my go-to location as well since it opened. I'll go a little out of my way to patronize then.

MagzOK
07-21-2021, 07:09 AM
Really, I don't know anything about this particular intersection and totally believe that it could be dangerous just given what I'm reading here. That being said, this metro area is absolutely plagued with traffic lights. Some streets have them maybe a 10th of a mile from each other and they're never in sync and you always end up stopping at both -- well I do anyway. My wife likes to make fun of me that I seem to always hit every red light between points A and B no matter the destination. I get the need for them at some intersections, but again planning access could have been better. Again, this isn't a disagreement on this intersection rather a general statement. Anytime I see anyone post that a traffic light is needed, this is my knee-jerk reaction.

Jeepnokc
07-21-2021, 08:34 AM
Not about expansion but on cue related. This could have been a lot worse.

https://www.koco.com/article/man-arrested-after-returning-to-okc-gas-station-where-police-say-he-ran-over-employee-sparked-tanker-fire/37083097

Pete
07-21-2021, 08:41 AM
Not about expansion but on cue related. This could have been a lot worse.

https://www.koco.com/article/man-arrested-after-returning-to-okc-gas-station-where-police-say-he-ran-over-employee-sparked-tanker-fire/37083097

Tweaker

SEMIweather
07-21-2021, 09:52 AM
Really, I don't know anything about this particular intersection and totally believe that it could be dangerous just given what I'm reading here. That being said, this metro area is absolutely plagued with traffic lights. Some streets have them maybe a 10th of a mile from each other and they're never in sync and you always end up stopping at both -- well I do anyway. My wife likes to make fun of me that I seem to always hit every red light between points A and B no matter the destination. I get the need for them at some intersections, but again planning access could have been better. Again, this isn't a disagreement on this intersection rather a general statement. Anytime I see anyone post that a traffic light is needed, this is my knee-jerk reaction.

Ideally they would sync a potential traffic light with the 39th/Kilpatrick lights, but I get what you’re saying, so many times the city does a terrible job at syncing everything. At the very least, they do need to add dedicated left turn lanes or there will be an awful high-speed collision one day.

SEMIweather
07-21-2021, 09:53 AM
BTW, steel going up at the Expressway/Kilpatrick/Hefner location.

Dob Hooligan
07-21-2021, 11:03 AM
Ideally they would sync a potential traffic light with the 39th/Kilpatrick lights, but I get what you’re saying, so many times the city does a terrible job at syncing everything. At the very least, they do need to add dedicated left turn lanes or there will be an awful high-speed collision one day.

It has been my experience through the years that city staff is usually willing and able to discuss issues with polite and informed members of the public. Many times I have mentioned some item I thought was of zero interest to them, and learned that they were fully knowledgeable about the subject and all too willing to bend my ear until it falls off in explanation

roci28
07-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Newest Yukon location at SW 15th and Mustang Rd opening any day.

Pete
07-27-2021, 02:16 PM
They have filed their building permit application for the site owned by the airport trust at SW 104th & Portland.

They will have truck bays to the north of the main building, a first for the chain.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncueairport1.jpg

Plutonic Panda
07-27-2021, 02:24 PM
Pete, does Loves still own land in the area? I thought at one point they were going to build a new truck stop with a hotel near the airport and I-44.

Pete
07-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Pete, does Loves still own land in the area? I thought at one point they were going to build a new truck stop with a hotel near the airport and I-44.

I don't remember that.

They have a current location at I-44 and SW 89th.

Plutonic Panda
07-27-2021, 03:08 PM
https://goo.gl/maps/GWJ7aEF7ocfw5sAC7

At this location

Pete
07-27-2021, 03:33 PM
https://goo.gl/maps/GWJ7aEF7ocfw5sAC7

At this location

Ah, right.

It was proposed and a truckstop was shown but Love's was never named and that development never went anywhere:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43144&p=987938#post987938

Plutonic Panda
07-27-2021, 04:06 PM
Interesting. I tried to look for the thread but couldn’t find it. Odd considering it seems to be a good location with good interstate access.

Zuplar
07-28-2021, 12:52 PM
I was really hoping Oncue was going to scrap this plan. This intersection (starting at portland and going across the intersection to Walmart) is a huge cluster**** and a pain for those of us living on the west side of I44.

ChrisHayes
07-28-2021, 05:00 PM
I was really hoping Oncue was going to scrap this plan. This intersection (starting at portland and going across the intersection to Walmart) is a huge cluster**** and a pain for those of us living on the west side of I44.

I agree with you on the traffic issues, but in all honesty, OnCue would be crazy to not build here. There will be thousands of people working across the street at Amazon. You have untold thousands of cars going up/down I-44 on a daily basis. Then, in the future there will be more development up Portland. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This will be a gold mine for the chain.

Plutonic Panda
07-28-2021, 05:54 PM
OKC needs to work on that area to alleviate traffic. A partial orbital light rail line through the south side connecting OCCC the airport area and downtown Moore ending at the future commuter rail station needs to at least be studied. ODOT needs to widen roads as well here.

Zuplar
07-29-2021, 07:09 AM
I agree with you on the traffic issues, but in all honesty, OnCue would be crazy to not build here. There will be thousands of people working across the street at Amazon. You have untold thousands of cars going up/down I-44 on a daily basis. Then, in the future there will be more development up Portland. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This will be a gold mine for the chain.

It definitely makes good business sense on their part, but I still hate it.

I'm guessing most of the people that work at Amazon don't live in the area, so it just sucks when you get a big warehouse that moves in, brings in a bunch of people from outside the area to work, then businesses spring up geared towards the people that work there, instead of the people that live there.

Thomas Vu
08-11-2021, 03:41 PM
I tried the food a couple of weeks ago, it was really good especially considering it's a gas station.

Ordered the burger & fries, and chicken tenders & fries.
The burger menu is a bit weird cause they have both a weekend and weekday special. Same price, same description.
Burger I thought had a little too much bread, but it is good bread
Chicken tenders the chicken wasn't seasoned, but it was juicy. Gravy was heated up before it was given to me. Chipotle sauce was either a little too creamy or too sweet, couldn't put my finger on it.
Fries were really good, and you can tell the spice is their on their spicy salt add on.

Everything was made to order, and would definitely consider having it again if I'm in a pinch for something.

Roger S
08-11-2021, 08:23 PM
I tried the food a couple of weeks ago, it was really good especially considering it's a gas station.

I've not ordered anything at the grill but have grabbed a breakfast bowl, a sausage roll, and a slice of breakfast pizza and they were all top notch for gas station food.

The sausage in the sausage roll wasn't the typical sausage most of the donut shops use for sausage rolls and I really liked that and I thought the bread was pretty good too.

The breakfast bowl had sausage, potatoes, eggs, cheese, and gravy and while the bowl looked small it filled me up and tasted good.

The breakfast pizza was pretty good too but I like Casey's a little better..

Thomas Vu
08-11-2021, 09:58 PM
If I can get a sweet breakfast pizza with gravy instead of tomato sauce, count me in.

Roger S
08-12-2021, 07:17 AM
If I can get a sweet breakfast pizza with gravy instead of tomato sauce, count me in.

Well it definitely wasn't sweet... It's savory all the way and doesn't have anything tomato on it and you can get gravy for it.

I've not ordered a whole pizza from OnCue to know what their base sauce options are but Casey's lets you choose from gravy or cheese.

ChrisHayes
08-12-2021, 10:05 AM
https://www.sheetz.com/ I'm originally from Ohio, and we had some of these gas stations. They would give OnCue and Casey's a run for their money if we had them

soonergolfer
08-12-2021, 01:27 PM
https://www.sheetz.com/ I'm originally from Ohio, and we had some of these gas stations. They would give OnCue and Casey's a run for their money if we had them

I lived in Ohio for a few years and can definitely agree with Sheetz being a notch above OnCue and QT. It does seem that some of the newer OnCues are kind of evolving and closing the gap with Sheetz.

MagzOK
08-12-2021, 06:53 PM
I've never heard of Sheetz, but can vouch for Wawa on the east coast!

ChrisHayes
08-13-2021, 10:13 AM
I've never heard of Sheetz, but can vouch for Wawa on the east coast!

Sheetz is awesome. They have kiosks you go up to and order customized food of all kinds.

Thomas Vu
08-16-2021, 09:34 PM
Well it definitely wasn't sweet... It's savory all the way and doesn't have anything tomato on it and you can get gravy for it.

I've not ordered a whole pizza from OnCue to know what their base sauce options are but Casey's lets you choose from gravy or cheese.

My apologies, sweet was more used as an adjective to describe breakfast, not pizza.

Pete
09-06-2021, 08:00 AM
Location on Lindsey in Norman looks like it could open any day:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/oncue090521a.jpg

traxx
09-13-2021, 10:53 AM
Am I alone in the thought that OnCue should develop a few Bucee's sized stores just off the interstates?

barrettd
09-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Am I alone in the thought that OnCue should develop a few Bucee's sized stores just off the interstates?

Do they run a lot of truck stops? I'm only familiar with their convenience stores.

Mballard85
09-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Do they run a lot of truck stops? I'm only familiar with their convenience stores.

Buc-ee's is not a truck stop, they literally do not allow semi trucks in the lot.

barrettd
09-13-2021, 02:12 PM
Buc-ee's is not a truck stop, they literally do not allow semi trucks in the lot.

Ah. My mistake. I assumed by the size of them they had trucks in there but I've never even really noticed.

jerrywall
09-13-2021, 02:56 PM

Lol - I've got to ask... are you from Texas by any chance? Because the only time I've heard folks quick to correct that "Buc-ee's is NOT a truck stop" they've been from Texas.

Mballard85
09-14-2021, 06:50 AM
Lol - I've got to ask... are you from Texas by any chance? Because the only time I've heard folks quick to correct that "Buc-ee's is NOT a truck stop" they've been from Texas.

LOL - Born and raised in Oklahoma, live in NW OKC. If you've every been to one, you pretty much know, they have huge signs all over the lot saying no semi trucks.

kallio
09-16-2021, 03:34 PM
The OnCue at SW 15th and Mustang Rd is open … and new smells really nice! Fancy touchscreens at the pumps too. 171051710517105

unfundedrick
09-16-2021, 09:02 PM
The OnCue at SW 15th and Mustang Rd is open … and new smells really nice! Fancy touchscreens at the pumps too. 171051710517105

I'm not fond of public touch screens, no matter how fancy they are, unless there is a hand sanitizer dispenser right next to it.