View Full Version : New SkyLink at DFW

Patrick
05-31-2005, 12:02 PM
On my recent trip to Kauai, Hawaii, we made a stop at horrible DFW airport. Last time Iw as there, the TrAAin was still in operation, and it wasn't a pleasant ride around the airport. It only connected the terminals with American flights, and to get to all of the other terminals, you had to ride their bus.

Well, I got to be one of the first riders on the new SkyLink at DFW. It opened a few weeks ago. It's a monorail system, above ground, that services the entire airport. The project has been ongoing for several years now to put this in place. They've built new bright stations and the works.

I must say, I was pretty impressed. The train gives some nice views of the airport, and the new stations are bright, filled with skylights, and above ground, unlike the old dungeon TrAAin. Skylink is also much faster than the old TrAAin. I had to go from one side of the airport to the other and I was able to get there in around 5-10 minutes. That's not bad for DFW. If you've been there, you'll understand how much of an improvement that is, as DFW is pretty spread out.

I applaid DFW for their new Sky Link!