View Full Version : Three Arrested In Skydance Bridge Climb

OKCTalker
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Unless there are signs that specifically prohibit climbing on the uprights, I don't see how "trespassing on public property" can stick.

Anybody?

http://newsok.com/three-arrested-in-skydance-bridge-climb-in-oklahoma-city/article/3701355

Oklahoma City police arrested three men Tuesday after finding them climbing up the Skydance Bridge sculpture over Interstate 40.

Three men climbing on the Skydance Bridge sculpture above Interstate 40 were arrested on complaints of trespassing on public property.

Oklahoma City police responded to a possible suicide call about 12:05 a.m. Tuesday and found three men climbing on the structure, according to an incident report released Thursday.

Police told the three men to climb down and arrested Caleb Clayton Andruss, 20, Garryt Edward Bryant, 18, and Seth Allen Nix, 21.

Police found skateboards and a backpack belonging to the men at the scene, according to the report.

Jake
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Can the police arrest people for being morons?

RadicalModerate
08-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Obviously they can. Then hold them for observation and post the results on Youtube.
(frankly, I'm a bit surprised that none of their middle names was Wayne)

de_P2aUZJyA

Double Edge
08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm surprised it went this long. Surely someone has been up there uncaught before now.

RadicalModerate
08-16-2012, 04:20 PM
So do you think that barbed-wire-like accessories or razor wire would interfere with the already compromised artistic aesthetics of the bridge?
Would it be better to simply "electrifiy" the "scofflaw" temptation?

On the other hand, how long has it been since Oklahoma City won a Darwin Award?
(well . . . not OKC per se . . . but a denizen thereof . . .)

Would the arresting officers be offended by the nickname: Scissor-Tailed Fly Catchers?