View Full Version : Yucatan Taco Stand

LakeEffect
08-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Approved by staff for Bricktown Urban Design Committee. 100 E California (Kingman bldg).

uphype
09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Hey - do you happen to know a contact for Yucatan?

metro
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
That's some ugly looking signage

RadicalModerate
09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh . . . I dunno . . . Sort of reminds me of an authentic sign you might see in a little town on the Yucatan peninsula.
Hope they have authentic fish tacos . . . like the ones Rick Bayless makes.

sooner88
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Is this same as the one in Ft. Worth?

theman
11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Yucatan Taco Stand Tequila Bar and Grill - Oklahoma City, OK - Restaurant/Cafe - About | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yucatan-Taco-Stand-Tequila-Bar-and-Grill/488364101195951?sk=info)

Yucatan Taco Stand is the same concept as Ft. Worth location but ownership based out of OKC. Great food, excellent location & 75 different Tequilas – Brick Town regulars will love this restaurant

HangryHippo
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I ate here yesterday and it was delicious. Has anyone else been?

OKCisOK4me
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
No, but it sounds great. I may have to check it out before they close. Hoping that's not the case, but then again, how many businesses have been there?

HangryHippo
11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
No, but it sounds great. I may have to check it out before they close. Hoping that's not the case, but then again, how many businesses have been there?

Why so pessimistic?

OKCisOK4me
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Have we not been talking about the turnover in the restaurant/entertainment industry lately in other threads? How is that being pessimistic? I'd love for it to last but I don't go to Bricktown every weekend or even every month or even every year. Just hoping it's still there when I am down there next cause it sounds really yummy.

LakeEffect
11-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Have we not been talking about the turnover in the restaurant/entertainment industry lately in other threads? How is that being pessimistic? I'd love for it to last but I don't go to Bricktown every weekend or even every month or even every year. Just hoping it's still there when I am down there next cause it sounds really yummy.

Add to that fact that a chain taco place (Fuzzy's) also opened in Bricktown lately. Abuelos and Chelinos for sit-down Tex-Mex/Mexican and now two taco places... will they all stay?

HangryHippo
11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
You just sounded pessimistic with your "before they close". But I understand there are a lot of Mexican places down there. Anyway, you should give it a try and see what you think. It's pretty good.

OKCisOK4me
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I would love to. I really don't go to Bricktown anymore because it's just not my type of crowd. Hopefully, I can have a week day that I can get there when I'm not working. Really would rather stay away from weekends.

kevinpate
11-17-2012, 09:24 AM
As popular as tex/okie/mex food is, and as diverse as their respective market appeal are, I think the odds are good they can all co-exist in BT.

shawnw
11-17-2012, 11:02 AM
went last night (a Friday night mind you) and it was delicious, BUT my party was literally the only people there, either because they haven't advertised yet (per our waiter) or because they don't have their liquor license yet or both.

catch22
11-17-2012, 11:25 AM
They are kind of hidden. It will just take some time to build up word of mouth. They will do fine though I bet.

Steve
11-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Any more reviews?

IBLEEDRIMSON
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Add to that fact that a chain taco place (Fuzzy's) also opened in Bricktown lately. Abuelos and Chelinos for sit-down Tex-Mex/Mexican and now two taco places... will they all stay?

It's different than Fuzzy's because Fuzzy's is more of a QSR and Yucatan is more of a full service restaurant with a bar and atmosphere. Both are great concepts and don't really compete with the Tex-Mex for me. When I want tacos I don't think of the Tex-Mex places and when I think Tex-Mex meals, I don't think Fuzzy's or Yukatan.

UncleCyrus
11-25-2012, 08:59 PM
This name sounds so familiar to me. Was there ever a Yucatan in OKC before?

Martin
11-25-2012, 09:17 PM
This name sounds so familiar to me. Was there ever a Yucatan in OKC before?

in the early 90's there was a nightclub called yucatan liquor stand... maybe that's what you're thinking of? -M

UncleCyrus
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Ah, I bet that's it. Thanks.

LakeEffect
11-29-2012, 09:38 AM
It's different than Fuzzy's because Fuzzy's is more of a QSR and Yucatan is more of a full service restaurant with a bar and atmosphere. Both are great concepts and don't really compete with the Tex-Mex for me. When I want tacos I don't think of the Tex-Mex places and when I think Tex-Mex meals, I don't think Fuzzy's or Yukatan.

Interesting. The term "taco stand" made me assume it was QSR and not a full service restaurant. Potential marketing issue down the road? Hmm.

Martin
11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
perhaps they change format at dinner, but i went to yucatan taco stand earlier this week and ordered at the counter much the same way as fuzzy's. -M

UncleCyrus
11-30-2012, 12:23 AM
in the early 90's there was a nightclub called yucatan liquor stand... maybe that's what you're thinking of? -M

Yes, this was confirmed by conversations with friends that used to hang out there. Thanks again!