View Full Version : Could the OK River area be a potential site for a beach volleyball tour stop?

bradh
08-15-2012, 10:30 PM
It looks like the once bankrupt AVP is coming back and adding tour dates. They have stiff competition from the NVL and Jose Cuervo Series, but after watching the Olympics I thought some space "down by the river" could be set up nicely for a beach volleyball event.

dankrutka
08-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Sounds like a great niche sport OKC could support. Turn it into a little festival with food trucks and live music and I bet people would show up.

Bellaboo
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
This would be quite good, just need a small multi purpose stadium with wind screens. Maybe a dual purpose facility to alternate as an amphitheatre. ?

Laramie
08-16-2012, 06:12 PM
This would be quite good, just need a small multi purpose stadium with wind screens. Maybe a dual purpose facility to alternate as an amphitheatre. ?

An Amphitheater on the river would be a good facility for outdoor concerts and beach volleyball; maybe a multi-purpose facility which could be used year round and include tennis and other minor events. We would definitely need something with a flexible seating capacity for events ranging from 10,000 to 30,000. Parking would have to be a prime consideration for expanding facilities on the river.

Item #10 Sportzs Stadium was left off of MAPS III. We could probably build a facility which could accommodate soccer, american football, outdoor concerts, beach volleyball and have the flexibility to seat 10,000 to 30,000 for a specific event.

Bricktown Ballpark is baseball specific. Now we will be looking at another outdoor facility which has the capacity to handle major league soccer, american-college-high school football and other sporting events.

bradh
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't think you need a permanent facility to make this happen. I don't think these events pull that many people, you could have temporary seating set up for these type things.

Laramie
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't think you need a permanent facility to make this happen. I don't think these events pull that many people, you could have temporary seating set up for these type things.

True, much like the temporary seating used for parades.

lasomeday
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
An Amphitheater on the river would be a good facility for outdoor concerts and beach volleyball; maybe a multi-purpose facility which could be used year round and include tennis and other minor events. We would definitely need something with a flexible seating capacity for events ranging from 10,000 to 30,000. Parking would have to be a prime consideration for expanding facilities on the river.

Item #10 Sportzs Stadium was left off of MAPS III. We could probably build a facility which could accommodate soccer, american football, outdoor concerts, beach volleyball and have the flexibility to seat 10,000 to 30,000 for a specific event.

Bricktown Ballpark is baseball specific. Now we will be looking at another outdoor facility which has the capacity to handle major league soccer, american-college-high school football and other sporting events.

The Rodeo Opry is looking at building an amphitheater or something along the river. They have a grand vision that is very exciting!

Sand volleyball courts along the river would be awesome! I think if they were in the existing parks on the southside of the river it would help move development down the river!