View Full Version : 8 Downtown Hotels by 2007?

Luke
05-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I can't even remember where I heard this, if it was in a thread here or downtownguy's blog - but someone predicted there would be 8 downtown hotels by 2007. I was thinking about this...

Currently Here:
1) Renaissance
2) Sheraton
3) Courtyard

Future:
4) Residence Inn
5) Skirvin Hilton
6) Colcord
7) Boutique Hotel next to water taxi booth?
8) ?????

Any guesses?

metro
05-29-2005, 10:34 AM
don't forget about the lamplighter inn over by st. anthony's

downtownguy
05-29-2005, 11:30 AM
are you referring to the Brass Lantern Inn? If so, no, no, no, no....

Luke
05-29-2005, 12:27 PM
There's a Cline Hotel near St. Anthony's, too... I saw a vacancy sign last time I drove by. No wonder.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Is the Cline Hotel even in business anymore? Last time I drove by there, it looked like there were actual residents living there. Not very pleasant.

Luke, have any clues on an 8th hotel?

metro
05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
yes, i know they are shady motels but none the less, they are downtown and they are open for business. im sure st. anthony's visitors use them

brianinok
05-31-2005, 10:33 AM
I thought I read an article recently (in the last month or so) in the Daily Oklahoman about the Cline Hotel being a place for sex offenders to go after jail. Like the owner lets them live there (because no one else will take them) as long as the pay rent and stay out of trouble. Seems like that's what I read.

HOT ROD
05-31-2005, 10:34 AM
It could be a SRO hotel establishment. (single room only)

Patrick
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
I thought I read an article recently (in the last month or so) in the Daily Oklahoman about the Cline Hotel being a place for sex offenders to go after jail. Like the owner lets them live there (because no one else will take them) as long as the pay rent and stay out of trouble. Seems like that's what I read.

I wouldn't be surprised. When I took Megan to St. Anthony awhile back for one of her rotations, we went by there every day, and the people hanging out there always looked like hoodlums. Just the place where we want our tourists to stay.

Luke
05-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Speaking of the Boutique Hotel next to the Water Taxi booth, the "Financed by MidFirst" signs are still up. Any info on that?

Patrick
05-31-2005, 12:21 PM
If you ask downtownguy, he'd probably tell you the signs are all for show.

Pete
05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
IMO, it's just a matter of time before another major hotel is announced in the downtown area.

I know from personal experience that the current hotels are almost always booked and I don't think the number of rooms planned are going to be nearly enough, especially as the area continues to develop.

It won't be long before someone wises up and see the opportunity. Fortunately, there is still plenty of land and under-utilized property that is ripe for development.