View Full Version : Australian Pot Smuggling Case

Karried
05-27-2005, 08:53 PM
What do you all think about the lady who got 20 years for allegedly smuggling Pot into Bali?

Personally, I think it was harsh - 20 years! My goodness, her youth will be gone - she is really young and beautiful. Plus, even if she did it, that is a little extreme - it wasn't heroine, originally it was the death penalty.

But 20 years is a longgg time in an Indonesian prison, or any prison for that matter.

I think she should be extradited and dealt with in Australia....

Well, Tahiti, here I come... I'm never going to Bali- that's for sure, one wrong move and I'm incarcerated... not willing to take that chance.

dirtrider73068
05-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Well the way I see it she shouldn't have smuggled the drugs in and she wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it. Harsh, maybe, we need to be harsh in our justice system to set a point across, then maybe the crime rate will go down. Or maybe even take away the lesiures in the prisons would be a start.

Patrick
05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Well, unfortunately, when you're in another country you have to abide by their rules and forms of punishment. If you don't want to live with that, you shouldn't enter the country. I have no sympathy for her. I know that sounds harsh, but sometimes I think we're too lenient in the US. If we weren't so lenient, we might not have as much crime.