View Full Version : Have you ever been OVERpaid for work done?

bucktalk
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
If I'm completely honest with myself I'd have to admit there have been a couple of jobs in my work history where I was overpaid for the work required. Although this is somewhat rare- I wonder if anyone else out there ever got overpaid and you knew it....

RadicalModerate
07-24-2012, 08:03 AM
I have NEVER been overpaid for work I have done.
In fact, the opposite is true.

But I once had a satisfied remodeling client give me a large cash tip over and above the contract amount.
I think of him and his wife as my best customers ever.
Even twenty years (plus) later.
They lived in a very modest part of Midwest City but they were from Minnesota.
(I'm not sure that this sort of thing is what is meant by "Minnesota Nice". =)

kevinpate
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
There have been several positions where I know I would have done the same work for less if a need arose. Not because I felt overpaid, but because the work had quite enjoyable aspects to it and/or the folks I worked with were that dang decent to work with.

CuatrodeMayo
07-24-2012, 10:36 AM
If I'm completely honest with myself I'd have to admit there have been a couple of jobs in my work history where I was overpaid for the work required. Although this is somewhat rare- I wonder if anyone else out there ever got overpaid and you knew it....

Not yet...

Larry OKC
07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Heck most folks think others are overpaid but rarely themselves...even folks making 6, 7 or 8 figure salaries (not counting those numbers after the decimal point)...just look at athletes and actors..."So-n-so is making X amount, I'm just as good or better than they are, I demand to be paid more"

Maynard
07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Heck most folks think others are overpaid but rarely themselves...even folks making 6, 7 or 8 figure salaries (not counting those numbers after the decimal point)...just look at athletes and actors..."So-n-so is making X amount, I'm just as good or better than they are, I demand to be paid more"

rIxd6ezDPOk

Division Of Labor and Money (by Hans-Hermann Hoppe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Hermann_Hoppe)) - Introduction to Austrian Economics

Roadhawg
07-26-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm on salary but there were a time or two I was probably overpaid *lol* I have been given too much change back and I told the clerk they gave me too much.