View Full Version : Channel 5's top 10 most dangerous zip codes.................

kwash
07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Ive lived in okc for 10 yrs now and all 10yrs have been in the i-240 south area near westmoore hs. For years and years i had to hear northside friends and others tell me "ewww the south side is ghetto and full of crime" i get their is crime on south side but not as much as one would think, especially once you cross 1-240 south. Not to start this north/ south war but i finally felt some revenge when channel 5 koco came out with their most dangerous zip codes a month or so ago. And was i the only one that noticed like 6 of those zip codes all lied within the northside, especially between putnam city and quail areas. i think the southside only had 2 zip coes on the list. idk maybe the whole "all the crime is on the southside has finally been put to rest..............from the telecast it looks like all the crime seems to reside up north, but hey maybe thats just channel 5?

OKCisOK4me
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Congrats on your revenge.

bandnerd
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Can you post a link to the story or the information? Sentences and capitalization are your friends.

spursfaninoklahoma
07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Not a huge suprise, this is old news. Btw anything south of 240 is usally considered Moore or Norman.

BG918
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
73119 (northeast of the airport) is #1, no big surprise there.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/okc/Special-report-Most-dangerous-ZIP-codes-in-OKC/-/11777584/13067000/-/q8s3vxz/-/index.html

RadicalModerate
07-24-2012, 07:25 AM
I like the way Jessica S. used an old analog clock as a visual aid.
(To show us what time of day we should be most concerned about a crime occurring.)

kevinpate
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Not a huge suprise, this is old news. Btw anything south of 240 is usally considered Moore or Norman.

Depends on where one sits. There is a fairly huge chunk of OKC that is positioned south of I-240.

RadicalModerate
07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Quick Question: Channel Five seems to be involved in a campaign to point out problems (crime) in various areas of "The Metro" (including goofy analog clock props as visuals) . . . Yet . . . What are they doing in terms of providing solutions?

I would make a quick comparison here regarding "Crime Coverage" and "Weather Coverage" but that would be too obvious.

The stress and cognitive dissonance that they (Channel 5, aka Five/in Anywhere USA) are "causing" . . . is almost enough to make a person take out a contract with Tan and Tone America or sign up for Netflix. Or contribute to O.E.T.A.--not necessarily "OETA" but PBS/NPR in general. =)

I say they need to shift their local focus to "Cute Puppies and Kittens."
Especially cute lil St. Bernard puppies, with kittens on their backs bearing checks to Good-Doers.
Everyone would probably feel a lot better, even it it had nothing to do with Video-Journalism.

BlackmoreRulz
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
. . . Yet . . . What are they doing in terms of providing solutions?

Maybe they can start paying "carbon credits".....???

Cocaine
07-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Hmm my zip code didn't make it. I feel so proud now I wanna know why I get pulled over so often.