View Full Version : Residential radiant barriers for attic space

SoonerDave
07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi all..

I'm looking for some good recommendations for OKC-area companies that install radiant barriers in residential attics.

I'm in a 13-year-old home with ductwork in the attic, which I loathe and wish I hadn't done, but c'est la vie. I believe I can cut some power consumption on the A/C side by installing a radiant barrier and mitigating at least some of the heat radiating toward that ductwork in particular and the ceiling in particular.

I may couple this with a refresh blow of additional fiberglass insulation in the attic, which appears to have been done a bit unevenly during original construction due to the varying ceiling heights. I'm measuring something in the range of 9-13" up there right now, but that's only a cursory measurement one one side. I'm just not sure-footed enough to measure in the more remote areas of the attic.

Anyway, if anyone has a recommendation on a good company to offer a radiant barrier estimate and/or blown insulation update, I'd be appreciative.

Celebrator
07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I used this family-owned and operated outfit to weatherize my home in 2010...including blowing new insulation up in my attic. I had a good experience with them. http://www.cribbssilvercreek.net/home