View Full Version : Dating Games

mranderson
05-25-2005, 09:00 AM
There is a popular expression "playing games." An example of the use is "I am tired of people who play games." What does this mean to you? In your opinion, what IS a "game?"

Jay
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Game playing to me just simply means someone who dates for personal gain. (IE: Sex, meals, a place to sleep, etc. etc.) A person who is a game player has no emotional attachment or concern for the person they are dating. As long as the benefits are available that is all that matters. Until the day, they move on to someone else offering better benefits.

A person can avoid a game player just by simply pacing the relationship. A man or woman should make the person their dating work for the benefits of a relationship.

In other words no sex until you feel like there is a commitment forming or in place.

Make the person split the cost of the date or pay for it completely after the third or fourth date.

I think it is best for everyone to learn read body language. The body will scream messages the mouth is trying to keep quite. You can tell by reading someone body languate if they are truly intrested or not. Lastly. do not become attached to quickly.

One other thing, a person should never be dependent on a relationship. A person should always have the attitude (especially in the early stages of the relationship) of "I can find someone else if you cannot respect me and treat me right."

I do not care who you are, you deserve someone who will treat you right. Sure, it may take time to find that special someone but, in the end it will be more than worth the time.

I believe in the kiss test if someone will not kiss me by the second date, I will not ask for a third.

suzi
05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Here is an example of what I was referring to: Male asks female if there is anything they can do while she is at work to help out around the place. Male KNOWS that female has been independent just about forever and has a real hard time asking anyone to help her. Female sees this as a gesture on the male's part to truly help her out and help her to learn that he is there for her. Female tells male one thing in particular that would be really helpful and that is the ONLY thing the male does not do. To me, that is game playing, head games.