View Full Version : ::stay tuned::

poe
05-23-2005, 10:00 PM
i was watching 'motormouth' on vh1 (which is probably a vice i should work on) and during the end credits there were some shots of the memorial and other parts of downtown okc. then, i turned to the weather channel to see the forecast for tomorrow and 'storm stories' was doing an episode about the moore tornado. they had some shots of downtown (pre-bank one sign removal) and the crosstown. it's good to know oklahoma city is permeating the airwaves.

NewPlains
05-25-2005, 01:58 AM
also I noticed that Nova on pbs (yes, I'm a nerd) a few weeks ago was about tornadoes and storm chasing and spent a lot of time on May 3rd and talking to OU meteorologists. It was nice to see central oklahoma shown as a center for science and learning, as opposed to the usual "my house dun blown down" angle that the national media usually takes when talking about tornadoes.

Karried
05-25-2005, 07:01 AM
NewPlains, how true, but it's "my trailer house dun blew down " that I usually see covered by the media - gotta love the trailer parks! But in Florida, there were quite a few interesting interviews from 'interesting individuals' at the trailer park after the hurricanes so I guess it's everywhere....

mranderson
05-25-2005, 07:03 AM
NewPlains, how true, but it's "my trailer house dun blew down " that I usually see covered by the media - gotta love the trailer parks! But in Florida, there were quite a few interesting interviews from 'interesting individuals' at the trailer park after the hurricanes so I guess it's everywhere....

Of course, do not forget the same Bubba or Cindy Lou also saying "this don't happen here," with their "blowed down" mobile home in the center of that five acres with no trees.

No wonder we are a lauging stock.